Renting points and tickets?

We are renting DVC points for our August trip this year. If we buy from anyone besides onsite at check- in will we be able to have our tickets on our room keys? I’ve been looking around and I’ve found tickets for slightly cheaper prices but if we can’t get them on the room key it doesn’t seem worth it. Can any tickets be put on the room key or just those bought at WDW?

I am only aware of wdw putting tickers in the keys to the world. Other than that it’s a seperate thing for tickets.

We’re DVC’rs and have APs - We’ve never had our tickets put on our keys - I would think that they’d offer to do that at check-in if it was available - so I don’t think it can be done. You still have charging privileges on your key, though, and the Dining Plan.

We were able to do that. We got a good room only rate, so I bought my tickets through Undercover Tourist. When we checked in, I asked if I could transfer the tickets on to my room key card. She couldn’t do it at check in, but told me to go to the concierge desk, and they will be able to do that. Walked on over, asked them, and within minutes, my tickets were on my room key card.

Ooohh it’s something new. Good to know.

Yup, we had no problem with that either!! Purchased our tickets thru Undercover Tourist also!!

Are Undercover Tourist prices better than AAA? We need 10 day passes so we’re trying to save if at all possible.

Well this is good to know! I wonder if they can do it with APs. No one has ever mentioned it to us…

I had no idea you could do that! I love learning new things! Its such a hassle to have tix and room keys separate. Thanks for the info!

Thanks all, that was what I was hoping.

I don’t think they will put APs on room keys but you could always ask.

I’ve always wondered why a one day pass or a hard ticket event is on a plastic card but APs are on paper. The ‘paper’ passes are pretty tough but I still don’t get it. Even the voucher for the AP is plastic…

I don’t know about AAA prices, but Undercover Tourist is definitely lower than buying directly through Disney. Two ways, first they are lower price, and then you don’t have to pay taxes. That turns out to be a really good savings.

A true mystery to many :ph34r: :laugh:

I do not have the breakdown with me, but I know that we are getting 10 day park hoppers with water park pass for 2 adults and 2 kids and it is $80 cheaper than Disney. That is with Undercover Tourist.

[QUOTE=NinerMouse;1023572]We are renting DVC points for our August trip this year. If we buy from anyone besides onsite at check- in will we be able to have our tickets on our room keys? I’ve been looking around and I’ve found tickets for slightly cheaper prices but if we can’t get them on the room key it doesn’t seem worth it. Can any tickets be put on the room key or just those bought at WDW?[/QUOTE]Any Magic Your Way ticket can be coded onto your Key To The World card. Doesn’t matter where you bought it, as long as it’s yours and it’s a legitimate ticket.

No, this definitely CAN’T be done with APs. This is because the resorts’ computer systems are not capable of handling ANY AP issues whatsoever. For anything related to an AP, you must go to a park ticket booth (even a water park!) or to Guest Relations at Downtown Disney.

Coding tickets onto room keys is nothing new.

It can’t be done at check-in because the Front Desk’s ticketing system is capable of handling only NEW tickets bought through Disney (either as part of the resort package or as an add-on to a room-only reservation). If you have tickets in-hand, then you have to go to the Lobby Concierge desk at your Disney resort. The Front Desk and the Lobby Concierge desk are usually very near each other … the may even be adjacent to each other and to the untrained eye they might not look like the two separate entities that they really are.