Renting Points at SSR w/ hopes of upgrade to BCV

Ok so what do you think the chances of being upgraded to BCV would be? Our dates are 7/14-7/23/11.

We are renting points from a DVC member who’s home resort is SSR. He was able to book SSR now and in Dec. try to book BCV (first choice) or BW (second). In the event he cannot, I requested Grandstand and the Springs for our room request. I am keeping my fingers crossed for BCV!!! We really want to be over there for the kids (27, 25, 24,and 22). Plus we will have more transportation options than solely using the bus’.

I am in the exact same position as you. I am booked for SSR for next may but want to upgrade to BCV when the window opens in Nov. I am also renting from a DVC member whoose home resort is SSR.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. We usually have good luck with this sort of thing. Once you hit 7 months you can always go on wait list too. We’ve always gotten our wait list…best of luck…and have fun making your plans!!!

Good luck. We have always been able to get what we want at the 7 month mark, even BCV.

I wish we were going in May. That has been the best time to go for us but with 2 teachers and a HS Freshman, there is no way we can go in May and August was out. So we are going in July which there is no Free DDP:angry: and is really busy. I am so hoping for BCV but I made sure I had back ups and requests for SSR just in case.

I will keep my fingers and toes (eyes too) crossed for you if you would for me:happy:

Good luck!!!

[QUOTE=hiner;1049909]I wish we were going in May. That has been the best time to go for us but with 2 teachers and a HS Freshman, there is no way we can go in May and August was out. So we are going in July which there is no Free DDP:angry: and is really busy. I am so hoping for BCV but I made sure I had back ups and requests for SSR just in case.

I will keep my fingers and toes (eyes too) crossed for you if you would for me:happy:

Good luck!!![/QUOTE]

We have gotten BCV in July at 7 months several times.

I feel pretty confident we may get our wishes. Remember, we are going to the place where wishes do come true!!:heart::heart::mickey::mickey::mickey:

Poor, SSR - just doesn’t get any love. :crying:

I actually like SSR. Like all DVC resorts, it’s got something that others don’t. The golf courese setting is nice and quiet, a welcome break from the parks. Walk/boat to DD. Tons of pools with one every few buildings.

What is really nice is that it has so many units that you can almost always get a place to stay at WDW using points even last minute. I’ll take ANY resort onsite vs off.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1049948]Poor, SSR - just doesn’t get any love. :crying:

I actually like SSR. Like all DVC resorts, it’s got something that others don’t. The golf courese setting is nice and quiet, a welcome break from the parks. Walk/boat to DD. Tons of pools with one every few buildings.

What is really nice is that it has so many units that you can almost always get a place to stay at WDW using points even last minute. I’ll take ANY resort onsite vs off.[/QUOTE]

SSR is one of my favorite. It’s just that we have not been to BC yet and kinda want to try them all. I have been to SSR 3 times and always loved it. It has a very relaxed feel to it. I am perfectly fine with SSR if BC does not come available.

So glad to hear that!!!

Hey, our trips overlap too:laugh:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1049948]Poor, SSR - just doesn’t get any love. :crying:

What is really nice is that it has so many units that you can almost always get a place to stay at WDW using points even last minute. I’ll take ANY resort onsite vs off.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t mind staying there if we can’t get BCV or BW. I made sure I gave my room requests in the event it doesn’t work out. We have always wanted to stay at BCV. Plus we love EPCOT and the BW area which is why we want to be there on this trip. And there are a few more transportation options.
I want to eventually try every resort:eek: