Renting Points - Have DDP & Ticket?

I saw a thread about DDP and buying tickets outside of WDW but did not answer my ??

We are renting points, staying at SSR, and on our ressie we are down for the DDP, which we are paying for at check in. In the meantime, I am planning on purchasing tickets at AAA. The rentor said we could add the tickets to our room key. The question is, will I have to purchase a MYW 1 day ticket in order to get the DDP since I am renting points? Or, being it is on our ressie, we will be ok with the AAA tickets?

Thanks,

My sister is gifting us points (we are paying for 2 of her kiddos to go so it is basically even) and we have the dining plan. I think you have to pay before you arrive though?? She called and added the plan with my CC. I purchased our tickets through Undercover Tourist.

With DVC you do not need to buy park passes to get the dining plan.

I know you didn’t ask this but I thought the dining plan had to be paid for at the time you add it to the reservation not at check in.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1079963]

I know you didn’t ask this but I thought the dining plan had to be paid for at the time you add it to the reservation not at check in.[/QUOTE]

That is my understanding also.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1079963]With DVC you do not need to buy park passes to get the dining plan.

I know you didn’t ask this but I thought the dining plan had to be paid for at the time you add it to the reservation not at check in.[/QUOTE]

I am renting points for a Dec trip for the first time and was told I would have to purchase the dining plan prior to arriving, which I did.

You also do not need to purchase tickets to get the dining plan.

You NEED to check on the dining plan. It USED to be you paid at check in with DVC but that changed and now DP is paid in full when booked, and it MUST be booked more than 3 days in advance. (Why nobody seems to know. It’s not like they won’t have enough food it you don’t pay until arrival! And with the exception of a few special things like “Grand Gatherings” they don’t require payment up front for dining reservations.

The member you are renting from has to add the DP with member services for you. They will need your credit card number for that.

You can buy the park passes at AAA but it’s really not much of a savings.

I have rented a couple of times, bought the DDP at check in and brought my own tickets and did not have to buy a MYW ticket. you are fine as is unless they have changed the rules…

Rules have been changed. I was told by DVC Member Services for our last trip in March that we were fine paying for the DDP when we arrived at checkin, but we were the last to be able to do that. Effective some time after that, they changed it to having to pay prior, and not being able to add on DDP within 3 days of arrival.

So, Kim, if you want DDP, make sure you pay for it prior to arrival.

The rules changed, DVC members and renters used to be able to pay for the dining plan at check in but I think that changed several months ago.

Ok, I asked the DVC member we are renting from and he said we are fine since he added it at the time of reservation back in September 2010. I asked if we could pay it prior to arrival and he said we could do that too.

I think I should just pay for it before we arrive to avoid any problems, you think??

[QUOTE=hiner;1080133]

I think I should just pay for it before we arrive to avoid any problems, you think??[/QUOTE]

I would, but I’m a worrier. LOL

[QUOTE=hiner;1080133]Ok, I asked the DVC member we are renting from and he said we are fine since he added it at the time of reservation back in September 2010. I asked if we could pay it prior to arrival and he said we could do that too.

I think I should just pay for it before we arrive to avoid any problems, you think??[/QUOTE]

Glad to here it. You are ok then. Your reservation was made before the rule changed.
MUCH better to be safe than sorry! :laugh:

The rule for dining plan on DVC stays now is DP must be paid in full when reserved, and it must be reserved/canceled no later than 3 days prior to check in. Personally, I think it’s a stupid policy - especially when you consider that many DVC reservations are made 11 months in advance, often before the rates for the DP are even set.

I now recommend that my guests book the DP 30 days in advance unless they are doing one of the special events then I recommend 60 days. Works well because they have alreadty paid for the rental, and it spreads the pain out a little more! :laugh:

Spoke with the rentor again and we are going to pay the DDP on Monday. I just feel better having it paid prior to us getting there to avoid any issues.

Thanks for your help!