Reopening of Newly Renovated Disney Store

I attended the grand opening of the newly renovated Disney Store in Roosevelt Field, Long Island, NY on 7/29. I was really excited, hoping that they would make it more like World of Disney.

Oh well some dreams don’t come true! All they did was move the store next to its old location, put a sitting area for watching Videos, have a build your own CARS section and that’s it. Same old merchandise! What’s worse is that they did away with the huge statues of Mickey and Friends that adorned the windows and shelves along the ceiling. The store clerk was floored when she asked me how I liked the story and I told her I didn’t and that I thought it would be like a World of Disney store and she said OH NO, that’s totally different.

Supposedly the New World of Disney that moved from Uptown NYC to Times Square is due to open in the Fall - I hope that store is better.

Has anyone else experienced a store re-opening? What was it like?

Donna:mickey:

I did goto a store opening and it was nuttin like the old stores. My daugter kept asking me when we were gonna go to the Disney store. The sales ppl were not happy!

I agree - alot of tacky plastic merchandise and no matter where you stand to look at the merchandise you seem to be blocking the aisle

they closed our Disney Store about 5 yrs ago. The closest one is 3.5 hrs away. I only wish I still had an old one to still look at:crying:

I took my DD to the Disney store to get her opinion, she is 24 and not a disney fanatic like me but she too was unimpressed and did not like the changes.

Oh well one strike for Disney. I wish they had asked us what we wanted in a Disney Store!

When they re-opened our Disney store I was very surprised that they had done away with alot of the more ‘adult’ and collectable merchandise. They use to stock some wonderful snowglobes and statues, aswell as larger kitchen accessories and appliances. They also had a wonderful little counter with watches and jewelery and some glass / crystal statues.

Everything is toys and cuddlies now but latly they have gotten some much needed adult apparel in - most of which is really nice!

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1044509]I took my DD to the Disney store to get her opinion, she is 24 and not a disney fanatic like me but she too was unimpressed and did not like the changes.

Oh well one strike for Disney. I wish they had asked us what we wanted in a Disney Store![/QUOTE]

You must remember The Disney Store isn’t owned or operated by Disney anymore and hasn’t been for years.

I’m pretty sure that’s not true. The Children’s Place owned it for a while, but it’s been back in Disney’s hands for a couple of years.

Never heard or read that they bought them back, this makes how the Disney Stores look even more disappointing.

The Walt Disney Company does in fact own all of The Disney Stores again.

I thought Disney bought all the stores back and that makes it more disappointing because Disney should know better.

The problem with Disney of lately is they have forgotten that the parents are the one that bring kids in. Teens hardly ever go to a Disney Store because they know that there nothing for them. So now Disney has missed two of the most important groups that are not being served. They need to set it up like the World of Disney at DTD. Where there are a space that for little kids (not the whole store) then the rest for teens and grownups. They forgot that these are the one that have the money to spend on clothes and other items.