Report of fire at WDW Splash Mountain

Here is the link from the DIS site.

Reports of fire at Walt Disney World’s Splash Mountain - Disney News

Not much info yet. Is anyone down there that can give us an on scene report?

I’m guessing, never mind, on second thought I’m not guessing.
Hopefully this is minor.

YIKES! I can’t seem to find any info on it yet. Hope someone can fill us in.
Fingers crossed that eveyone is ok, and no injuries!

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!! It better be okay on Friday when we go to the MK!!!:pirate:

Oh, and I hope no one was injured. Guess I should have said that first.:whistling

I hope that everyone is okay. I know the last day that we were there they kept having troubles with the roller coasters. They were down for most of the afternoon on the 27th.

just did a quick search and found thisartical
They say it was a false call of smoke.

I was originally going to post that I thought it was something electrical and it was minor, but as you see, I changed my mind mid thought in my first post.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - The Splash Mountain ride at Walt Disney World is open again after being shut down momentarily because of reports of a burning smell in the electrical room.

Disney ride reopens after false call of smoke

I found this one:

Disney Ride Reopens After False Call of Smoke - ABC News

Oops, sorry Sound, didn’t realize you posted the same thing.

Sorry for what?
I reposted lasallemom’s link, which is from the CBS outlet in Fort Myers.

Glad to hear that is was a false alarm. I would think with all that water the ride would put the fire out :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update!

Yes what you do not notice while you are on the ride are all the bucket on the ceiling that drop down in case of fire.:laugh:

Glad that it seems like it’s a false alarm.

[QUOTE=alicefan;1049407]JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!! It better be okay on Friday when we go to the MK!!!:pirate:

Oh, and I hope no one was injured. Guess I should have said that first.:whistling[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what’s wrong with you, girl? :laugh:

Have a magical trip Paula :smile:

Thick with irony, their water ride catches on fire…

Glad everyone is ok, and that it seems to be minor. DD is so excited to go on SPlash when we go.

The real irony is that water is probably the worst way to deal with an electrical fire.:mickey:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1049546]The real irony is that water is probably the worst way to deal with an electrical fire.:mickey:[/

bad idea water and electricity that’s going to hurt. :nonono2::nonono2:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1049458]Yeah, what’s wrong with you, girl? :laugh:

Have a magical trip Paula :smile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! We are here right now!!! Went on Splash yesterday and everything was perfect. :mickey: