Reports of construction starting backstage

OK peeps! I’ve been keeping my eye on these rumors that are flying around.

A couple of boards reported today that [B][I]“construction starting backstage behind the it’s a small world attraction at WDW.”[/I][/B]:ph34r:

And this [B][I]“New construction may add truth to ‘leaked’ Fantasyland refurbishment plans”[/I][/B]

[B]Here’s the new information…[/B]

[I]Some cast members who have backstage access to Fantasyland and Toontown are now reporting that some construction has begun in these areas - and the assumption is that it is part of the major overhaul. We’ve also been told that areas normally open for use by cast members are being blocked off and even some buses are being rerouted. Moreover, there are sources who claim to have spoken to Imagineers who said that these plans are indeed final and in-progress.

This wouldn’t be the first time Disney has given one of their Fantasylands an overhaul. However, the last major Fantasyland upgrade was not at Walt Disney World but rather in California at Disneyland, back in the early 1980s, when its carnival-type atmosphere was replaced with the look of a more detailed European-style village.

Since Disney has not officially announced any plans to renovate Fantasyland in Orlando yet, we’re still skeptical of the plans - but keeping our eyes and ears open. It seems to become more truthful by the day.[/I]

AND Disney Stock went up a little today!?!?!? :cool:

EXCITING IF IT’S HAPPENING!! -IMHO!! :wub:

Here’s a link: New construction may add truth to ‘leaked’ Fantasyland refurbishment plans - Orlando Attractions Magazine Blog

I wanna know what they’re doing back there!!! :eek:

The wheels are always turnin’!

Hmmm somebody has to know something.

And that is why we all :heart::heart::heart: Disney! :happy:

I’m so excited! Can’t wait to hear more!

Very exciting!!! Do you think they would mind if I shimmied up a tree just to take a small eency weency peek? :laugh:

Change is good, just as long as they don’t change things (or pull the plugs while trying to re-do) until after our trip so that I can get my one last fix of my fav’s currently there:whistling

Go for it!! :biggrin:

You can always climb up the old gondola car tower . . . bet that would give you a GREAT view! :laugh::laugh:

Whatever they’re up to, I hope it doesn’t take too long to complete!

very exciting stuff. i can’t wait to see what the imagineers have up their sleeves…

Do you think they will close down any rides for this? :crying:

YAY!!! I hope they get a move and and get some of the stuff done by December (tee hee) And I too am not beyond climbing up a tree to take a peek :happy:

Loving the sound of this news! After reading about the rumoured plans for Fantasyland, Ive got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed they make them happen!

We need photos:ph34r::pirate::laugh:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;979408]OK peeps! I’ve been keeping my eye on these rumors that are flying around.

Here’s a link: New construction may add truth to ‘leaked’ Fantasyland refurbishment plans - Orlando Attractions Magazine Blog[/QUOTE]

Holy Guacamole!

I love the drawing and the overlay of the photo, but it is flipping back and forth too fast for this old guy. It looks like this is mostly an expansion into previously unused space with some re-do of ToonTown. Looks like Goofy’s Barnstormer is left untouched (good!) and it looks like it won’t impact the “street” where Small World, etc are. VERY EXCITING!

Right?

I had read , and I can’t remember if it was on here about an expansion for Ariel’s Grotto … that will include water (maybe small lake), and of course the usual buzz about a redo for 20,000 Leagues which we know is not going to happen.

Didn’t they fill in the “lake” for 20,000? Never rode it, but I would have loved to. My first trip to MK was on my honeymoon in 1994, it was closed but subs were still there I think.

[QUOTE=Tiggerific;979832]Holy Guacamole!

I love the drawing and the overlay of the photo, but it is flipping back and forth too fast for this old guy. It looks like this is mostly an expansion into previously unused space with some re-do of ToonTown. Looks like Goofy’s Barnstormer is left untouched (good!) and it looks like it won’t impact the “street” where Small World, etc are. VERY EXCITING!

Right?[/QUOTE]

Right! It also looks like they move Dumbo over by where the pooh playground is . . . doesn’t it?

Yes, I believe that the Pooh playhouse is over it now. I would love if they updated it with the Nemo ride like at WDW, but I assume since they have a Nemo ride at Epcot they won’t!