Reservation cancelled, ADRs cancelled?

We have changed around our schedule a bit since 90 days (we are at 45) and though I got good ADRs when I booked them at 90, I still have a few changes I would like to make.

I am wondering, as the online dining isnt even giving me alternatives, if people do not pay their package in full at 45 days (thank GOD mine is paid for!) do their associated ADRs get cancelled as well, freeing them up for the rest of us?

Just wondering if you think I will have a better chance say, like at 43 days from the night I want to book?

Does Disney just cancel your reservation automatically if the bill is not paid?

ADRs have nothing to do with your room reservation. Unless you cancel a dining reservation, that dining reservation lives right up until the time of your dining reservation, regardless of your status as a WDW guest or if you’re staying off property.
You’re already inside your 90 day window, so I’d be making new reservations and cancelling the ones you have that don’t work. If there is something you really want, but aren’t able to get now, you’ll want to check back in a week or three and see if anything has opened up.

Actually, the room/package reservation doesn’t cancel immediately when the 45 days have passed, either (thank God!) Imagine my horror last month when I came home from a few days away to find an e-mail that my final payment was past due!:ohmy: It had been due a couple of days before, but I just called and made the payment that day. There was no penalty, and the CM didn’t seem concerned at all. I’m not sure how long the grace period is, but thank goodness there definitely is one! I have to admit that I was shaking a little as I made that call! We have free dining and are going with a bunch of extended family & friends, so it would have been devastating to lose that reservation. I also agree that the dining reservations are a completely different system and would have to be cancelled separately.

I know the ADRs are separate, but they are “associated” with your reservation number.

But you don’t think that tons of people book vacation packages, make ADRs and then cancel their reservation, leaving tons of ADRs hanging with nobody coming? I would think this would cause problems…like lots of people not showing up for reservations?

(In fact, I am glad I did not ask before…my DH was feeling the economic pinch and was considering cancelling our trip, however we are going with others, and had made the ADRs for the whole party - he thought if we cancelled our trip they would not have ADRs, so he agreed we should go (hurray!)

Real glad I didnt realize…

Hmmm… I don’t know! I am a DVC member and cannot pay for the dinning before we get there, but technically they have payment in my points. I wonder, maybe there is a way the computer distinuishes the type of reservations made.

Good Q!

NO they dont cancel you right away. they give you a 2 weeks to get the final payment to them.
When I thought I wasnt going to be able to hae it done in time they advised me they will send out a letter which takes 7 days and then you have 7 days to get back to them.

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;983642]I know the ADRs are separate, but they are “associated” with your reservation number.

But you don’t think that tons of people book vacation packages, make ADRs and then cancel their reservation, leaving tons of ADRs hanging with nobody coming? I would think this would cause problems…like lots of people not showing up for reservations?

(In fact, I am glad I did not ask before…my DH was feeling the economic pinch and was considering cancelling our trip, however we are going with others, and had made the ADRs for the whole party - he thought if we cancelled our trip they would not have ADRs, so he agreed we should go (hurray!)

Real glad I didnt realize…[/QUOTE]

I get what you 're saying but I think it’s extra crowded for free dining and may not effect it as much as the regular season. They probably overbook to a certain degree!! BTW see you at Pop, we get there the 26th! I’ll be the one with the 12 year old asking every 2 minutes when we’re leaving for the waterparks!!!

I also have a 12 year old…and we LOVE the waterparks. I’ll try to get a MB signal going…isnt it a mickeyhead paint chip? red? we’re all redheads except my DH…can’t miss us! Hope to see you there!

In our case we had May ressie’s and had to cancel (first time not there in May since 2001) because of DW knee. We then tried to cancel our ADR’s and where told they automatically get cancelled also. So who knows how it works?