Reservation confirm notes

On one of my daily calls to Disney Travel Co. (to see if I can apply a discount code to my ressie) I spoke with a very thorough CM.

She was really nice, but since I was calling on a non-tollfree # and was on hold for quite a while, I was getting a little annoyed. Before checking to see if there was availability with the code, she asked me 10,000 questions to confirm. She even had to confirm my flight #'s (I booked my own flight) and ME info.

Anyways after being told, again, that there is no avail for the code - she asked me to hold for a minute while she typed in notes. This made me a little nervous since I hadn’t made any changes to my ressie.

I later received an email of my reservation confirmation which I only receive if I make a payment or change.

Well none of my dates, etc. was changed but I did notice a few add-ons which I didn’t understand.

For the last 4 nights of our trip, my parents are joining us. Since that only makes 5 people total I didn’t book anything under “Grand Gatherings”. On my confirmation I noticed that I was now assigned a “Grand Gathering Travel With ID”. What do you think this does? I had requested connecting rooms - and that is also noted on my confirmation.

One more thing. Under the “special requests” (which was just connecting rooms) it says:

Please Note: D

Does anyone know what this means??? I’m sure it’s no big deal and what she added will probably just make it clearer that we want rooms together. But do you think the “D” has something to do with the fact that she asked if we were celebrating anything special and I said my bday?

Maybe it’s a designation code. For a desired location. I’m not sure. I thought you had to have at least 8 in a party for Grand Gatherings. Who knows. I would call back and try to get your questions answered.

“please note:D” might mean please apply discount?

I’d call again and talk to a supervisor. I’d also make sure to tell them in no uncertain terms you don’t appreciate having to be spending all this extra money on toll calls to sort out their errors and mistakes.
As far as I know, Grand Gatherings are for parties of 8 or more, and I believe those are for special GG events anyway. It’s not like you get any reduced rates because you’re a GG group.

Do you have more than one room ressie? Because when I booked 2 rooms they linked them together noting a grand gathering even though there are only 5 of us.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;874390]I’d call again and talk to a supervisor. I’d also make sure to tell them in no uncertain terms you don’t appreciate having to be spending all this extra money on toll calls to sort out their errors and mistakes.
As far as I know, Grand Gatherings are for parties of 8 or more, and I believe those are for special GG events anyway. It’s not like you get any reduced rates because you’re a GG group.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure this would strike the right tone. Whomever gets on the phone is not responsible personally for the last phone call so maybe start off a little more conservative. You catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar I have always been told.:cool: