Reservations

[B]If we booked reservations for regular dinning no meal plan and we end up with the free dinning do we have to make new reservations or will the original reservations be ok?[/B]

No you do not. They don’t know if you are on the meal plan or not until you tell them when you show up for your ADR.

Lisa

You will have to make a new reservation, I think. Or you need to call them and add the dining plan to your reservation. But I am sure that you cannot just drive up and say “well here we are, give us food” :wink:

Nope. They ask if you are on the plan when you book, but never know when you check in for the meal…lol I don’t think payment method really matters.

Of course not.
Reservations have nothing to do with the dining plan.
Reservations just make sure there’s a table waiting. How you pay for your meal is up to you.

Dopey:nonono2:

Why? what did I do? :crying:

Thanks all! I’ll post are choices shortly.

SoundGod is right, no new reservation is required. How you use your dining credits is up to you and the staff at the restaurants will emphatically tell you that. So, keep the same and use your credits at the restaurant. Just let them know before you place your order so that you may get the meal you are supposed to.

The only thing that you may want to call for is anything that charges your credit card upon reservation such as Dinner Shows or CRT. If you booked without the dining, they want your credit card, if you tell them that you have the plan, then they don’t.

I still had to give a CC confirmation for both CRT and Poly Luau even though I am on the full dining plan… I reserved online (linked to my resort reservation) though. That may make a difference. :slight_smile: Not sure…
I have some dining that I will pay OOP and some that will be DDP. Last year, we let our server know when we sat down. Usually they ask if you are on the DDP right away.

Don’t worry about it. Make your reservation and let them know when you get there.

As Zoey said, they want the credit card deposit to hold the reservation whether you’re on the dining plan or not.
The reason is to guarantee that you either show up or cancel in a reasonable amount of time so they can give your table to someone else, not for prepayment purposes.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1027193]As Zoey said, they want the credit card deposit to hold the reservation whether you’re on the dining plan or not.
The reason is to guarantee that you either show up or cancel in a reasonable amount of time so they can give your table to someone else, not for prepayment purposes.[/QUOTE]

Guess I should have said, if you need those funds for other things…:wink:

Because they have been known to charge the card right away if DDP was not mentioned when making the reservation. I don’t know that that is a standard, but it has been done.

Thanks for clarification :smile: