Reserving Ride times :(

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/entertainment/2011/february/209387/Skip-the-lines--Disney-guests-could-soon-reserve-ride-times-from-home?cid=rss

feeling 50/50 about this, trying to think positive.

they do a similar thing in Sesame Place in Pa.

Abby’s Unlimited Magic Queue

Abby’s Unlimited Magic Queue allows you the opportunity to bypass the lines at certain attractions. Each pass allows the bearer UNLIMITED line bypass Elmo’s World Live! Show, Big Bird’s Balloon Race, Grover’s World Twirl, Flyin’ Fish, Peek-A-Bug, Blast Off, Sunny Day Carousel & Vapor Trail (weather permitting). Additionally, guests with wristbands can enter the park using the Season Pass Entrance Line.

I believe its for an extra 30.00 per ticket

Don’t worry just yet!

Disney is always looking for ways to make the Guests’ time at the parks more enjoyable and I see this as something they would do for EVERYONE ~ just like Fast Pass. I don’t see them making this an added expense (like Sesame Place and Universal does) but an additional way to help Guests manage their time while at the resort.

At least I would hope so :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jen;1067280]Don’t worry just yet!

Disney is always looking for ways to make the Guests’ time at the parks more enjoyable and I see this as something they would do for EVERYONE ~ just like Fast Pass. I don’t see them making this an added expense (like Sesame Place and Universal does) but an additional way to help Guests manage their time while at the resort.

At least I would hope so :)[/QUOTE]

I hope so, i just hope it doesn’t upset people some guest who might think its not fair.
you have to consider people that do spur of the moment trips, ya know, oh well, guess we’ll have to wait and see how it pans out.:blush:

Sounds like a great idea! I’m sure it will work in tandem with fastpass. Once you get the ride time reserved you would not be able to get a fastpass or schedule another ride for a period of time. Disney knows their stuff. They would not make it so you could just schedule rides back to back to back. It would never work. For people like me who like to plan things out in advance this will be wonderful.

I remember when fastpass was not available to everyone. There were people then who thought it was unfair that they could not get one. Even now sometimes I hear people at the machines who are upset that they cannot get more than one fastpass at a time.

I am sure this new system will work out great and I absolutely love the idea of getting my keys and bypassing check-in completely!

I am trying to see the positive, I know its Disney and they don’t want to upset guest.
Thanks for your positive feedback Scott :wink:

Well my friends think I plan every minute of my Disney Day already…just my ADR’s…but this would require so much planning it might take the “fun” out of vacations. And just like everything else it would benefit the people that know how to use it (us) and just anger everyone else. I find that people who just show up in Disney without doing much research come home complaining of the lines, not able to get a sit down meal, etc… Seems you will have more of the same…those “in the know” will know and those that aren’t won’t.

I’m with you, Pixiemom. I have mixed feelings. However, I don’t know that I completely understand how it works and Disney is really good about making changes that truly benefit their guests. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

I also like the idea of getting my hotel passes in the mail. The idea of knowing which room I have ahead of time would reduce the stress for me.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1067291]I’m with you, Pixiemom. I have mixed feelings. However, I don’t know that I completely understand how it works and Disney is really good about making changes that truly benefit their guests. It will be interesting to see how things pan out.

I also like the idea of getting my hotel passes in the mail. The idea of knowing which room I have ahead of time would reduce the stress for me.[/QUOTE]

exactly!!! :blush: I am sure Disney will think this through thoroughly.

and the room passes early would be awesome!!!

I don’t like it. They are taking all the spontinatity (sp?) out of a day at the parks. Fastpass works just fine. Its the best of both worlds, people who plan, and people who just decide to get on a ride. When you start adding a third option, that may mess up the flow of the other two.

I think I have mixed feelings too. All the proposals sound good in theory, but I can’t imagine how you would even begin to implicate such radical changes? I guess Disney will certainly spend time and money thinking this through and it will be interesting to see how many of the proposed ‘on-line’ ideas actually come to fruition.

I don’t have any mixed feelings - I think it’s ridiculous. Now - along with planning for parking openings, closings, adrs and what have you, we have to plan to be at a certain ride at a certain time? Is this suppose to be fun? This doesn’t sound like much of a holiday to me - and I can’t see it creating anything but a lot of griping. Enough already - are people becoming so impatient they can’t wait 10 minutes? 20 minutes? Our society has turned into a bunch of spoiled, instant gratification brats. And it’s not making us any happier; just more stressed. Now I’ll get off my soap box.

I think some of you are misunderstanding what is happening. From what I have gathered from different sources, you can basically get your fastpasses for the day planned out in advance. I don’t see third lines or anything like that. It would be basically impossible. At worst fastpasses would be gone sooner but I don’t see this being overly used. I really can’t see a downside to this.

Go Janice!!:heart: Yay- tell it like it really is!-:laugh:

:laugh: I’m just tired of this “I’ve got to get there first” “I have to be ahead of every one else” “I’ll have a better time if I can get in 30 seconds before”. I don’t care what the system is - we don’t need anymore “systems”. Look at the stress on this Board; I’ve seen posts where people are literally crying because they can’t get the right ADR or the reservation site is down. Worrying that they might miss one EMH; planning is fine, but enough already. This is the way you have fun on a holiday?

Actually the more planning I can do in advance the better I like it. Of course then we get there and everything changes. :smile: It’s all good though. If I can’t get an ADR or make a show it’s no big deal but playing around with them are fun. If they can throw me more fun then let them. I don’t see where this will hurt anyone. If you get stressed with all the planning then don’t do it.

I have seen the most stressed out guests in the parks are the ones who DON’T plan enough.

I can see how some may think this is too much planning, but for a family that has just traveled from the other side of the world for their one and only WDW vacation, anything that would allow them less time in line and more time having fun is a positive thing.

And like many of the members here on the board, there will be Guests who will like to just go to the parks and resorts and play it by ear. Any new system implemented would not change the opportunity to do just that.

I can’t see a downside to this.

It would be ok it is doesn’t incur an extra cost. It would allow them to see if they need to add extra shows and people would know which parks are potentially going to be jammed packed…could help to even out the crowds…etc.

What happened to having fun? Planning until you can’t plan anymore which would include what rides at what time is just rediculous in my mind. We have gone to WDW for a week and only ridden 3-4 rides because of the crowds, and other times we have gone for a week and ridden every single ride so many times we couldn’t keep track. Those are the things that make our vacations memorable, both good and bad.

I think too much focus is being put on this and I don’t like the idea of scheduling your ride times. I really don’t care for the Fast Pass concept either. We have only use it a few times and it worked just fine, but I’m really not in favor of it. I think it is the whole concept of putting someone in front of someone else just because they have a little piece of paper.

Life can’t be perfect, we can’t plan everything we do, and some vacations are better than others.

If the FP system is still in tact after they implement this new plan, I don’t see it being an issue. I don’t think I would go as far as to pay extra to schedule ride tiems. It’s stressful to think that I would have to plan and be on time for meals AND rides. (I have serious issues with being late to a point where I have to be early for everything and can’t enjoy what I am doing if I know a deadline is coming up) What’s next FP to the potty or worse still reserving the toilet? I do know that FP gives you a time to come back, but if a flexible time back…lol I have spent to many years racing around the “World” and upetting myself and those around me to be at a certain place on schedule. I am SO over it!

I think that a normal amount of planning is important for a WDW trip, but this is too much. There are so many variables when you are on vacation, that this adds a whole other unecessary level of worry.