Resort a day early?

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has done this and who do I call to do it. I read a similar thread like this, but not the same question.

We are going to POP next month for 8 days. We may leave a day early which means a day early arrival in FL. We were thinking of making a room only reservation at POP for the early first night, so when we get up the next day, our package with tix and dining and everything kicks in.

My question is, should we hook the room only ressie in with our package? Would we have to check out and check back in possibly having to change rooms?? Or can I call Walt Travel Co and add a room only night to my reservation.

Ok, in other words, has anyone else had this situation, and what did you do to make it run smooth. I’m all about smooth while on vaca.

If anyone understands what the heck I’m trying to say above, thanks for your input!

cloverboy

You can not hook in a room only night (or nights) to a package reservation.
It will always be treated as two separate reservations because they are.
Many times we’ve added a room only night before or a night after our main reservation.
Changing rooms is a different matter. While it is not guaranteed, the hotels front desk staff will do their best to keep you in the room you started in, provided the single night is the same room class as the package.
That is, if you’re in a preferred room for the package, they might try to put you into the preferred room a night early if it’s available. On the other hand, if you got a preferred room for the first night and a regular room for the rest of your stay, you will almost certainly be moving.

Now, even if you do get to stay in the same room, you still have to make a stop at the front desk in the morning in order to “check out” and check back in for your package, where you’ll be given different room keys with the park tickets and dining plan credits.

We are doing this in a few weeks. We had to book our package starting on Aug. 14th because that’s when the special started, but we’re arriving on the 13th, so we booked a room only reservation for the 13th at the same resort. The CM told me that she made note on both reservations that it is a continuing reservation, so that way we should most likely not need to change rooms. I would suggest that you tell them when booking so that you can have a similar note placed on your room only reservation.

Due to our length of stay, we always have to have two reservations to enable us to have two lots of free dining. We have never been moved as the CM has always managed to let the room ressies run one after the other. But yes, you do have to go up to front desk and re-check in for new room keys, new parking permit, etc. Its really not a problem.

I would add it in to your package and just start your trip a day early. If you are not looking for the cost of the ticket to be added, don’t add them to the night. You can do that. If you are on the meal plan, you must add that however.

Ok, so after much thought and confirming our ability to leave a day early for FL, I called Disney Travel today and…no rooms available in any of the value resorts. They did offer me Coranado Springs for $110. I told them I would call back and see if there were any cancellations in the coming days and week.

So then here is my next question. Tried the AAA website, says no rooms available. Tried the DisneyWorld website, said no rooms available. Tried Expedia website, said they had rooms available. What gives??!! Why would Expedia show rooms available there, and everyone else says no way!!

Who should I believe, and should I risk it making the ressie??

This is too stressful. I plan down to a fault, but I HATE when things don’t go my way!!! Wah!

cloverboy

[QUOTE=cloverboy9;1085067]Ok, so after much thought and confirming our ability to leave a day early for FL, I called Disney Travel today and…no rooms available in any of the value resorts. They did offer me Coranado Springs for $110. I told them I would call back and see if there were any cancellations in the coming days and week.

So then here is my next question. Tried the AAA website, says no rooms available. Tried the DisneyWorld website, said no rooms available. Tried Expedia website, said they had rooms available. What gives??!! Why would Expedia show rooms available there, and everyone else says no way!!

Who should I believe, and should I risk it making the ressie??

This is too stressful. I plan down to a fault, but I HATE when things don’t go my way!!! Wah!

cloverboy[/QUOTE]

Disney promises a certain amount of room will be available to other booking sites to get them to put the rooms on the web. Don’t worry, we have had this happen to us also.
If you are going to get there a day early you can book the CSR room for $110 and asked to be placed on a wait list for an opening at POP. Or you could book a room at a Downtown Disney hotel. All of them have great deals going on. Or just pick a cheap room at a national chain off site for even less.

If you are at CSR you can carry your bags over to POP, check in, drop your bags, get your tix and play in the parks. They will call you when your room is ready. Same thing for an off site hotel. Or you can have CSR deliver your bags to POP. But you will still need to go to POP to get your tix for that first day, so you might as well make sure the bags get to POP on your own.

Ok, well to follow up, I went online last night and being persistant, I plugged in the date I needed and the resort, and lo and behold there was availability. So I quickly booked the room only night, not risking losing it. I booked it through the Disney website, and as I go back again today, it’s not showing any more availability, so I guess its a matter of right place right time.

So I thank whomever out there that cancelled for that night, or the Disney Reservation System Gods that made me a room. We all appreciate it…

cloverboy

[QUOTE=cloverboy9;1085167]Ok, well to follow up, I went online last night and being persistant, I plugged in the date I needed and the resort, and lo and behold there was availability. So I quickly booked the room only night, not risking losing it. I booked it through the Disney website, and as I go back again today, it’s not showing any more availability, so I guess its a matter of right place right time.

So I thank whomever out there that cancelled for that night, or the Disney Reservation System Gods that made me a room. We all appreciate it…

cloverboy[/QUOTE]

So glad you got it sorted-:happy:

Congrats. Anyone who has gone to the world more than once has learned to be persistant.

Yes, and that includes ADRs and walk ups!

Glad to see you got your room. We are arriving the 20th. Hope the parks aren’t packed:confused:

We always go the night before but we always try to stay that one night at a different resort than the one for our general stay. This gives us a chance to see other resorts and try them out. Good luck, check that out. We usually get that one extra night as a last minute or one of the big discounts on Travelocity or Expedia. This summer we got a Board Walk Villas Studio for $165 as a last minute deal.