Resort choices

Thinking of staying on site this summer for a couple of days prior to a cruise. During the stay we will celebrate our 15 wedding anniversary and our two dd will be with us. My question is we are not planning on doing any parks those days we are planning on hanging out at the resort or doing Disney Springs and just relaxing before the cruise. We are thinking of Wilderness lodge or one of the other following, Animal Kingdom, New Orleans- Riverside, or Boardwalk resorts. Any suggestions?

Beach Club has an amazing pool… Port Orleans Riverside is huge, but it is nice. It is nice to walk around if you are not tired from the parks. and you can walk to French Quarter which is really unique. Have not stayed at the others, so I cannot comment. However, Animal Kingdom looks amazing- if you can see the animals. Have fun on the cruise- it is fantastic.

Ok so talked to the DW last night and we looked at the resort options for our two day stay at WDW before the Disney cruise. The winner is going to be the Port Orleans- riverside resort. We are booking a Royal room pool side room. The price is going to be about $80 more a night than a preferred value room, however, we will upgrade to two queen beds, a pool which has a water slide, carriage ride options on the resort (which planning to do as part of our wedding anniversary).

POR is our favorite place. Good choice. We are staying there next month.

You can’t go wrong with either POR… Have a great trip!

I love Riverside. I haven’t stayed there much since joining DVC but I miss it!

This is actually our first time staying in several years. We are trying one of the Royal rooms so it’s something new for us.

We’ve been staying at the value resorts but this trip and next month’s trip to DL and Aulani are for our 20th anniversary so we decided to step it up.

I can relate we will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this trip. That is one reason why we are looking at something other than a value resort. I am also looking at a royal room that has a pool view.

I can relate we will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this trip. That is one reason why we are looking at something other than a value resort. I am also looking at a royal room that has a pool view.

I know the choice was made, but just to throw in my 2 cents…We’ve love AKL as a resort. Beach Club has that pool but also lots of activities on the boardwalk without going into a park.

The choice is very hard to make.

Double post

grrrrrrrrrr

And as I tried to leave the page and it warned me my post could be lost. Instead it posted twice.

Ok I have a change we are not doing the cruise until 2017 now. so I am planning on staying onsite a few more days for a stay of 5 days after our week offsite at our timeshare. The question is if we get a package with tickets on a magic band, if I add the water park and more option can we use the water tickets tickets during the week before our checkin to the resort on property? I know that they expire 14 days from the first day of use but did not know if I could use any of the days before my check in date on site