Resort ? for DVC owners

This will be our first trip as DVC owners. I understand the 4th day mousekeeping and extras you can purchase, but here’s my question. If when we check in and survey our room, if we need more towels, blankets or pillows are we charged extra if we request them right away? We usually always need more than are first supplied in the room. Thanks.

As I understand it, if you want more towels, yes you will be charged. I’ve never seen a listing of a charge for extra blankets or pillows. Now from time to time, you will hear a report that someone ask for more towels and was never charged but I wouldn’t count on that to happen.

I’ve never asked for either, so I don’t have first hand experience with it.

I’ve asked for an additional pillow and blanket, and didn’t get charged. If you have a one bedroom or larger, you will have a washing machine, so you can wash your towels (acutally, a studio has access to free laundry also, its just more inconvenient because you have to go to the DVC laundry room). But, if you definitely need more towels, we just head down to the pool and grab some. They look different than the room towels, so when done with them, just drop them back into the return bin at the pool later.

We’ve been DVC members since 2000 and we have never been charged for requesting extra towels, pillows, etc.

We’ve never been charged for extra towels. And also remmeber that you can run the towels through the dryer each morning to fluff them and not have wet towels hanging around all day. It’s a nice option.

We always have a room with a washer/dryer, so we usually do not have an issue with towels, but I do not think they will charge you. If you want extra towels and you have the washer/dryer, just put a couple in a drawer and whent hey come to restock you will have a couple extra.

If you ask Mousekeeping, as you see them in the hall, they usually provide you some without a hitch. We’ve never been charged and I have 127 of them at home.

(j/k)

Thanks all!

We have a studio, so no washer/dryer in the room. For the girls and me, I like 2 towels each. One for the body and one for the hair, hence the extra.

I need the need the extra pillows & blankets because the girls will have to sleep together, which means I have to build the Great Wall of China between them to keep them from entering each others space and killing one another. :angry:

Geesh, traveling sure was easier BC(before children):blink:

[QUOTE=simplytall;1124007]Thanks all!

We have a studio, so no washer/dryer in the room. For the girls and me, I like 2 towels each. One for the body and one for the hair, hence the extra.

I need the need the extra pillows & blankets because the girls will have to sleep together, which means I have to build the Great Wall of China between them to keep them from entering each others space and killing one another. :angry:

Geesh, traveling sure was easier BC(before children):blink:[/QUOTE]

If you happen to see the maid cart you can always “borrow” a couple towels

…I do this in any hotel…I like two towels per person as well…

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1124006]If you ask Mousekeeping, as you see them in the hall, they usually provide you some without a hitch. We’ve never been charged and I have 127 of them at home.

(j/k)[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as you REUSE your refillable mug from previous trips it’s OK! :laugh:

Needing extra of something is different than having mousekeeping service the room - there is an extra charge for mousekeeping provide additional cleaning.

Be nice and ask politely!

We’ve never been charged for additional towels, etc when we’ve asked.

We have had a few occasions where towels from the pool found their way back to the room too. :whistling

YMMV.