Resort Hopping

During our trip in Dec 4-12 we would like to hotel hop one day to see all the decorations. What is the best way, both time wise and money smart, to get from hotel to hotel?

I know there is no Disney bus from resort to resort and I really didn’t want to rent a car just for this because of the hassle with parking at each resort just to visit for about 30 mins, so any suggestions??:simba:

Get to MK and take monorail around to see GF & Poly. (Contemporary is not worth the stop IMHO.)

Back to MK. Take roundtrip boat ride to WL.

Get to Epcot (bus from resort or monorail from MK). From Epcot you can walk to BC, YC, and BW.

AKL is a roundtrip bus ride from Epcot or any other park.

I think that covers the better stops.

[QUOTE=Elmo;1002266]Get to MK and take monorail around to see GF & Poly. (Contemporary is not worth the stop IMHO.)

Get to Epcot (bus from resort or monorail from MK). From Epcot you can walk to BC, YC, and BW.

AKL is a roundtrip bus ride from any park.

I think that covers the the better stops.[/QUOTE]

This is something that we love to do as well. We usually hotel hop on our first night there. We however always rent a car. Elmo said it best, he has the best plan without a car. The decorations are amazing and well worth the effort.

This is our Thanksgiving Day plan - it was great a few years back.

Nice slow morning with the Macy’s parade for a bit. Out to tour the resorts for the day as the parks get crazy. Then dinner at Mickey’s BBQ!

[QUOTE=Elmo;1002266]Get to MK and take monorail around to see GF & Poly. (Contemporary is not worth the stop IMHO.)

AKL is a roundtrip bus ride from Epcot or any other park.

I think that covers the better stops.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a really good plan, Thanks

Should I consider going to POFQ, POR, CB, CS or SSR?. Never been to any of those resorts ever.

I would add the Swan and Dolphin to the Epcot resort tour. They are right next door to BC/YC and BWI, and they do quite a lovely job there decorating as well.

Elmo’s plan is perfect…

…I wouldn’t add any of the Moderates unless you are willing to put in a loooong day. It can be very exhausting adding them to a resort-hopping trip because the only way to get to them is to take buses from park to resort, resort to park, park to resort, resort to park, on and on. After a while it starts to feel like work instead of fun. :laugh:

The white poinsettia tree in the lobby last year was gorgeous!

Perfect question… My DW and DS will be there 12/14 - 12/22 and they want to hit the other resorts to see the decorations also. I will have to pass this route along to them. Thanks

I never thought about the Swan and Dolphin (how da of me).

I also thought the moderate hotels were very time consuming to get to.

Thanks for all the info and I’m glad others can use the info also, that’s what so good about this site.

Upon further review - I can see where to eliminate an extra leg of the trip.

Instead of the round-trip boat from MK to WL - take the boat to WL. From WL you can take the bus to Epcot for the walking tour of the BW resorts.

If you bus to Epcot you have to go through Epcot to get to teh Board Walk Area.

I would Do the MK resorts finishing at the contemporary. Boat to WL. Bus to MGM and Walk up the Path to Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach. Bus to AK and transfer to AKL.

We will also resort hop while we are there, in much the same fashion that Elmo described. The only difference is that we will select the resorts based upon the park we are visiting(e.g. the monorail resorts on a MK day). Since we have no children in our party, and can forego naps, resort touring will represent our mid-day break from park touring. We are probably going to skip the moderate and value resorts, and concentrate on the deluxe. I am hoping this will serve us well, not only so we can see as many decorations as feasible, but also as an adequate way of resting between park tours.

[QUOTE=bribren;1002390]If you bus to Epcot you have to go through Epcot to get to teh Board Walk Area.

I would Do the MK resorts finishing at the contemporary. Boat to WL. Bus to MGM and Walk up the Path to Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach. Bus to AK and transfer to AKL.[/QUOTE]

Possibly a good idea… but I’ve done this. While the walk isn’t terribly long, it’s amazing how that one 20 minute walk tires everyone out.

If you don’t want to use a park pass, I truly recommend taking a bus to DHS and then taking the boat to Swan, Dolphin and BW.

My last suggestion is try to make AKL your last stop with a dinner reservation at Boma’s. AKL has such a terrific Christmas atmosphere that is MUCH better at night. From there, you can take a bus to DTD and switch to a bus for your resort.