Resort parking?

Can I park at our resort bright and early the 1st morning we are in WDW, even though we won’t be able to check in yet?

I want to be at MK at rope drop, but don’t want to pay for parking and know we can’t check in until afternoon. I have our tickets already (from Undercover Tourist). Can we go to WL and “check in” our van so we can park there for the day, then just come back when it’s time to officially check in and get our room key cards?

We just did that this summer!

We drove all night to WDW, and checked into the Grand Floridian at 6:00 AM! They were actually able to get us a room - if not, we were prepared to change in the locker rooms by the pool.

You don’t even have to check in if you don’t want to - just tell them that you’ll be checking in that day.

We’ve also gone straight to the parks before and just told the CM at parking that we were checking into our resort that day, and they’ll waive your parking fee.

Whatever way you decide to do it, you won’t have to pay for parking!

Thanks Victoria, that’s what I was hoping to hear! We are staying with DH’s grandma the night before (driving all night the night before that), she lives an hour from WDW, so we just need to park and go…yay!!

Yes, just like Little Miss said, the guard will have your name on his list at the gate and will definitely let you in that resort any time that day. We have done it a couple of times. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks!! I am so ready, it’s been a long couple of weeks full of craziness around here and I need a vacation, so this just can’t come soon enough!!

I tried this before and they wouldn’t let me… I even showed them my confirmation. I was able to be reimbursed when I checked in.

Ah, maybe it depends on the CM. It’s worked for us twice before. I know it’s supposed to be free, whether you don’t have to pay or have to get reimbursed.

[QUOTE=emamasa;1093948]Can I park at our resort bright and early the 1st morning we are in WDW, even though we won’t be able to check in yet?
[/QUOTE]

You can check in before the break of day if you want.
You’ll get your park passes, room keys, and meal plans all on one Key to the World. You just won’t be given your actual room number if your room isn’t ready.
You’re also given the paper parking pass that allows you to park at all of the parks for free. They’re also handy when you go visiting other resorts and lie about going to shop and instead go to Epcot for a few hours:rolleyes:

And if your room is ready (it does happen frequently), you can even go to your room.

“It’s all there for you!” (That’s what Mr. Voice on the Bus always says:dry:)

Welll, we’ll see how early we get moving as to whether or not we check in right away or come back and do it. I really want to be in MK for rope drop. so the plan will be to park at WL (check in if we get there early enough) and then get to MK for rope drop. I think the bus is the fastest, right?

Thanks for the help ya’all!

[QUOTE=emamasa;1093948]Can I park at our resort bright and early the 1st morning we are in WDW, even though we won’t be able to check in yet?

I want to be at MK at rope drop, but don’t want to pay for parking and know we can’t check in until afternoon. I have our tickets already (from Undercover Tourist). Can we go to WL and “check in” our van so we can park there for the day, then just come back when it’s time to officially check in and get our room key cards?[/QUOTE]

I parked at my resort at 4:30am…and checked in even though there was no way that room would be ready. I also have them store my luggage…I was at an EMH rope drop.:pirate:

what Soundgod said - we ALWAYS check in around 6am, hop on a bus, go eat breakfast, and then hit a park until they text me the room is ready…

you driving I assume, where from, how long of a drive?

they’ll text me when the room is ready?! awesome!!

yes, we are driving but Saturday it’s only an hours drive…haha! we are leaving Indiana on Thursday night - still haven’t decided if we are leaving when DH gets home at 6 or if we’ll sleep a few hours and leave at 2am. We’ll drive straight through to Leesburg, FL - to stay with DH’s grandma Friday. Then get up bright and early Saturday and head to MK!

[QUOTE=emamasa;1094206]I think the bus is the fastest, right?

[/QUOTE]

Take the boat to the MK from WL, always.

[QUOTE=emamasa;1094228]they’ll text me when the room is ready?! awesome!!

[/QUOTE]

If you gave or give them a cell phone as your contact number while on vacation, they will definately text you when the room is ready. It’s SO much better than calling that stupid number every hour and asking “is it ready yet?” "how about now? " “ready now?”…lmao that can go on for HOURS!

Texting will be great - thanks!!

Boat from WL to MK? OK! I read somewhere that the bus is faster…ahhh!! now I may need to rethink all of my transportation plans, lol!!

The boat is at most a 10 minute ride (in normal slow times of the year)… PLUS it is a different form of transportation. Just not good in the rain. My kids loved walking straight out of the Mk, and on to a boat… HAve fun with it!