Resort Pool Question

My brother and sister are staying at the Polynesian in Jan 2011. They want to have a friend come meet them for lunch and then go in the pool. Can their friend go in the pool also? Not sure what the restrictions are.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

As long as they bring an old refillable mug it’s ok. :whistling

Officially, the pools are for resort guest only. That said, it’s a slow time of year and Poly isn’t one of the “cool” pools like Stormalong Bay so it probably won’t be a problem for anyone.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1046821]As long as they bring an old refillable mug it’s ok. :whistling

Officially, the pools are for resort guest only. That said, it’s a slow time of year and Poly isn’t one of the “cool” pools like Stormalong Bay so it probably won’t be a problem for anyone.[/QUOTE]

Hey now, don’t be haten on the Poly pool:laugh: j/k.
Go for it while you’re there.

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1046775]My brother and sister are staying at the Polynesian in Jan 2011. They want to have a friend come meet them for lunch and then go in the pool. Can their friend go in the pool also? Not sure what the restrictions are.

Can anyone shed some light on this?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I could not say about this pool , But at the resorts i have stayed at i have never seen the “POOL POLICE” :fork_off:
I would be discrete about it and use the pool… but if you want to stand at pool side and make a public announcement that the friend is not resident at the resort you could try it and see:nonono2:

i guess the official line is the pool is for resort residence only:wub:

hahaha “I’M NOT A GUEST BUT I’M STILL IN THE POOOOOL!”

how’s the water???

funny vid at the pool:biggrin:

YouTube - Life Guard Had To GO Pee N Orders Everyone out Pool

please don’t be offended… if you are please delete:whistling

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1046775]My brother and sister are staying at the Polynesian in Jan 2011. They want to have a friend come meet them for lunch and then go in the pool. Can their friend go in the pool also? Not sure what the restrictions are.

Can anyone shed some light on this?[/QUOTE]

If they are staying there they can have a guest visit.

It is perfectly acceptable for hotel guests to have guests at the pool, so long as the guest is with their guest. Just don’t abuse the privilege by bringing a group of 10 off property guests with you.
I mean 10 people beyond the people actually staying at the Poly, not 10 total.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1046952]It is perfectly acceptable for hotel guests to have guests at the pool, so long as the guest is with their guest. Just don’t abuse the privilege by bringing a group of 10 off property guests with you.
I mean 10 people beyond the people actually staying at the Poly, not 10 total.[/QUOTE]

Unless they ALL have last years (or older) refillable mugs. :laugh:

Only a couple of the pools actually have pool police. Stormalong has CMs that check room cards and do wrist bands. Even there a couple of guest probably wouldn’t be a big problem.

Others just have electric fences and you need a room key to open the gate.

CM told me it had something to do with Boss Mouse. She also showed me that they are now armed with 2500 volt tazers, just in case! :whistling

the lifeguards will not save you if your not a guest…

Thanks Boss. :nonono2:

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1046987]Unless they ALL have last years (or older) refillable mugs. :laugh:

Only a couple of the pools actually have pool police. Stormalong has CMs that check room cards and do wrist bands. Even there a couple of guest probably wouldn’t be a big problem.

Others just have electric fences and you need a room key to open the gate.

CM told me it had something to do with Boss Mouse. She also showed me that they are now armed with 2500 volt tazers, just in case! :whistling[/QUOTE]

A couple of yrs ago, Dixie and I were meeting for a bit and then her family was going to eat at beaches and cream. Her DH and DD tried to sit in the pool area and was chased away.

Last trip, my DH and I stayed at BC. Our DD and family stayed somewhere else. We asked MS if it would be ok to take our 4 yr old DGD to the pool. We were told she thought taking her was ok, but not if the whole family tried to come too.

Hmmm, tasers and water…now that would be a light show !!!

[QUOTE=jimbo;1046869]
YouTube - Life Guard Had To GO Pee N Orders Everyone out Pool[/QUOTE]

This is what got me into trouble. I didn’t get out of the pool. And I had eaten asparagus.

hahahahahahaha! no passing gas in the pool either!

No homemade hot tubs needed either :laugh:

hahaha good one!

That’s funny.