Resort Pools and floatation devices

Hey! Does anyone know if the resort pools allow for flotation devices such as floaties or life jackets on our kids and if so, do they provide life jackets or do we need to bring our own! I can’t remember, we haven’t made time for swimming in two trips! I am drawing a blank!

Thanks!

They do have life jackets at the pools. I could never find the right size for DD because people had the ‘hoarded’ at their chairs even though they werent using them.:glare:

The pools we’ve been in allow arm floats and I know the pool at BC had life vests for guests to use. I think you have to leave a room key to use them but they were available. If it’s a make or break thing throw the arm floaties in case all the life vests are out for the day.

Id take a back up just incase they are all out! Im pretty sure most resorts have the jackets.

We just got back, and Boardwalk and Saratoga Springs both had plenty of jackets to borrow. We also borrowed noodles.

It was funny, because they required nothing to borrow the $50 life jackets, but we had to leave a room key for the $3 noodles! :laugh:

We’ve always had lifejackets available for use at all the resorts we’ve stayed at. We’ve brought pool toys, baby float seats, balls etc to use and never had a problem. We also always leave them or pass them on for others to use during their stay as well. No sense in packing them again.

Also, all the water parks also offer life jackets for use as well. On our last trip we saw a couple take a life jacket from the resort to Typhoon Lagoon. :glare: I believe it is the intention of the resorts to have the life jackets stay at the pool and not for them to be brought back to your room or to other parks!! We saw some of this happening for the first time at CBR this year. I was quite surprised that some people thought it was their oportunity to just keep the jackets for personal use throught their stay.
But, not much surprises me anymore when it comes to people.:blink:

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;967696]Also, all the water parks also offer life jackets for use as well. On our last trip we saw a couple take a life jacket from the resort to Typhoon Lagoon. :glare: I believe it is the intention of the resorts to have the life jackets stay at the pool and not for them to be brought back to your room or to other parks!! We saw some of this happening for the first time at CBR this year. I was quite surprised that some people thought it was their oportunity to just keep the jackets for personal use throught their stay.
But, not much surprises me anymore when it comes to people.:blink:[/QUOTE]

At one point you could get a life vest for the length of your stay, I don’t know of that’s still the case but it used to be that way.

We would definately bring our own vests, and I think we have in the past, but I was just curious! I have been to places before that have not allowed floatation devices of any kind!

I agree with you Mickey Mom, people astonish me, but nothing should anymore!

Thanks for that info, I didn’t know that. I’m not sure if that is still the intention now or not. Seems to me that if you were to take a life jacket for the length of your stay you should be required to leave some sort of credit card or something and the CM’s should be distributing them. The life jackets are currently kept in bins around the pool at the resorts for people to help themselves. It would seem to me a better use of Disney resources (and more fair) to have a notice at pools that all life jackets should stay in the pool area rather than have life jackets sitting in rooms while people are at parks.

When we were at SSR in Dec/Jan they had life jackets but I bought the big floats and the life guard said that they were not allowed. We were able to use the beach ball i purchased.

When my DGD was there in dec 07, we signed out a jacket for length of stay, but you had to return it at X time on your departure date or be charge 50 bucks or something. I think this next trip my DD will bring something from home. It’s like a vest. She got from the “Y”. Much easier than wondering if they will have one or getting it back someplace on time.

I’d call the hotel and ask to speak to someone who’d know. We always swam at night and I never saw a vest. We brought our own wings, small kiddie tube, and baby float for the 2 youngest kids. We usually swam at night and for the life of me I truly do not even remember seeing a vest. Have fun!

If my kids needed them to be able to enjoy the pool, then I wouldn’t take any chances on them missing out and pack my own. And like MickeyMom said, if you buy something cheap for the trip, you can leave it there for the next guest to use.