Resort Price...oh my!

I decided to check and see the room rates for a trip next March…into the first week of April. It is quoting me $178 a night for Pop Century!! I just about had a heart attack!! Does anyone know why this price is so high?:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I just saw that unbelievable…

Whoa! That is incredibly high! We need Dana here with an explanation!

Perhaps there is something special going on there—some competition or something and Pop is almost full. I wonder if they are doing like any other business and upping the price for the few rooms left or something? Just a thought.

If not—rates must have really gone up!

Hmm… Maybe cause it’s Spring break? The same exact room is $95 in January, February and then goes up for Springs break season which is March and April and then drops back down in May…it’s kinda a holiday, high traffic time.

Ok—I just went and tried some dates in March and dates in February—Pop would be $180 and CBR would be $245!!! Geezie Peezie!!! They must have really raised the prices for next year!!

It must just be the dates that I am trying in February then!!!

Presidents weekend? I just did February and did not come up with $180 a night. Yes, prices went up.

I see what you are talking about - below is my price screen…

Date Rate per Night
Sun, Jan 05 - Wed, Jan 08
$ 95.00
Thu, Jan 09 - Sat, Jan 11
$ 120.00
Sun, Jan 12 - Thu, Jan 16
$ 95.00
Fri, Jan 17 - Sun, Jan 19
$ 125.00
Mon, Jan 20 - Thu, Jan 23
$ 95.00
Fri, Jan 24 - Sat, Jan 25
$ 109.00
Sun, Jan 26 - Thu, Jan 30
$ 95.00
Fri, Jan 31 - Sat, Feb 01
$ 109.00
Sun, Feb 02 - Mon, Feb 03
$ 95.00

Ahhh…that must be it then…I was just putting random dates in…it probably is over the holiday weekend!!! I tried the first week in Feb and the rate is back down!!! Phew

That scared me!! I know they have to increase it a little, but —whoa.

I remember when there were just certain times that rates went up during the year, and the rest it was value…When I think of Spring Break I think of the week before Easter.

I wonder if our long weekend trip we used to make when my daughter was in elementary school is a “high season” rate now? We used to go over the Columbus day weekend because she was out of school for that Monday and then Tuesday for teacher workday. Rates were value then…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1136037]Ahhh…that must be it then…I was just putting random dates in…it probably is over the holiday weekend!!! I tried the first week in Feb and the rate is back down!!! Phew

That scared me!! I know they have to increase it a little, but —whoa.

I remember when there were just certain times that rates went up during the year, and the rest it was value…When I think of Spring Break I think of the week before Easter.

I wonder if our long weekend trip we used to make when my daughter was in elementary school is a “high season” rate now? We used to go over the Columbus day weekend because she was out of school for that Monday and then Tuesday for teacher workday. Rates were value then…[/QUOTE]

I think they raise them then as well.

They are sneaky like that!

Oh well…:laugh:…I don’t go at that time anymore anyway…

The values went up for full rack rates more than any other this year. And Spring Break is ridiculously priced. They went up over 10% for some nights. For that price, you are better off at a moderate.

If you want a heart attack, go look at New Year’s rates. The Grand Floridian is starting at over $900 a night. The values start at $200 a night. The mods nearing $300, and no less than $500 for any deluxe resort.

The Ritz Carlton is going for $450/night for the same week. Same for the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1136052]If you want a heart attack, go look at New Year’s rates. The Grand Floridian is starting at over $900 a night. The values start at $200 a night. The mods nearing $300, and no less than $500 for any deluxe resort.

The Ritz Carlton is going for $450/night for the same week. Same for the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek.[/QUOTE]

$900!:blink:

…if someone pays it…they will keep selling the room at that price…

I personally would never pay that much to stay there but I know someone will…otherwise they wouldn’t charge that amount.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1136055]…if someone pays it…they will keep selling the room at that price…

I personally would never pay that much to stay there but I know someone will…otherwise they wouldn’t charge that amount.[/QUOTE]

And we have a winner! DING DING DING!

This is so disappointing!! When I checked the DVC calculator, its not even high season for their prices!! Might be better to rent points!! Do they always do discounts on room for pass holders? I am considering annual passes since the kids and I are going twice next year!!

it seems to me it is higher then before all year.