Resort question

hi everyone im a newbie here and iv been to disney world 8 times and im going on my 9th time in april and all the times iv been there the closest iv been inside the resort is the downtown disney area at the best western lake buena vista all the other times where outside the resort.

this time im going to stay inside the resort for the first time at the carribean beach resort and iv seen pics of the resort and it looks great.

im very excited about this trip ,everybody has told me that there is a big difference staying in the resort than outside it.

im just wondering if anybody else here has had any expieriences at this resort and what do i have to look forward to and what should i do first when i get there,

thanks.:slight_smile: :nervous :whistle:

Well…welcome to DC! Everyone here is great and you should like it! The Caribbean Beach Resort is a very, very nice place to stay. My answer for what to do first is sleep! lol…Well thats what Id o when I get to the hotel usually…take a nap… I’ve never stayed there but have had friends stay there and I’ve visited. Spent a few hours there. You’ll definitely enjoy it!

hi metalfan im going on sat april 17 to sat april 24 i arrive at 3pm and i still have to get my baggage etc,etc,etc. do you think i would have enough time to go to dtd and enjoy pi or should i just stay at the resort and go for the parks on sunday.

oh i also have another question,i rented a car and i have heard that if you stay in the park that you get complimentory parking now i have takin the buses befor and i found it convenient but but i took about 20 minutes each time to wait for a bus and a friend of mine told me its better to take your car cause its more convienent and faster to get in and out of the park.

:confused:

You have plenty of time to go to DTD and PI. As for the car…yeah you get free parking…but I never take my car anywhere.

We always arrive around 3 p.m. on a Saturday and we always head straight for DTD once we have checked in to our resort. As for the car question we always have a rental car and wouldn’t do it any other way, as long as you are staying at a Disney resort you get free parking at all of the parks. I/we don’t like having to wait for buses to get where we want to go or to leave a park when we are ready. We also always make at least one trip to cocoa beach so the car is definately a necessity for us. This time we are staying at the Poly so we probably won’t use the car half as much as we usually do but we are still going to get one.:wink:

1gr8fan, welcome to DisneyCentral !!!
We have stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort more then any other WDW resort. It truely is beautiful.
One thing it has that the other moderate resorts do not have … in room coffee makers!! and they will leave you free packs of coffee every day … decaffe or regular. I would suggest that you try for Jamacia or or Martinique buildings.
We are like Metalfan, we never take our car …it stays parked at the resort the entire stay :slight_smile:

I just dont like using the gas!!! lol…But another thing…whe I go for Super Soap Weekend or for festival type things I dont mind waiting for the buses (they usually run them quicker because thy know the lines build up…last year the longest we waited was less than 5 minutes for a bus)…But I like intereacting with people on the bus. It helps at 6:30 am…lol…Talk about their plans, exchange stories from the day before, etc. It makes it fun!

Hi 1gr8fan!!

Welcome to DC!!! I too, am from MA!!! Not to many people here are, it’s nice to have a neighbor;) !!

Anyways, we stayed at the CBR in Sept, we enjoyed our stay there. It is themed very nicely. It is a HUGE resort, my suggestion is to get a guide book and decide which is most important to you, do you want to be in a quiet section? Or right in the “hub” by the pool and the food court? Check out Allearsnet.com also, they have a resort map in the accomodations section for you.

About a car, we always rent one, we always use it. We like being able to get in and go and not wait on the buses. Try the buses one day too, they are fun, we use them as an attraction too!!

The first thing we always do when we get to the resort after check in is to go and check out the room, jump on the bed doing the “we’re at Disney dance”:laugh and then go and check out the pool!!!

Lauren

hi everyone,you guys are great and thanks for all the responses keep them coming you guys are giving me aloy of ideas.:wink:

laurengold, what part of mass are you from,im from dartmouth.

also i have a question my family and my neighbors that we are going with want to go to the dinner luau at the poly and also want to see the fantasia show at mgm studios.

no for this particular week that im going we are going i have been told that we should seats ahead of time(like now) cause it will be to late to book seating by the time we get there.

what does everyone think i should do :confused:

Originally posted by 1gr8fan
[B]hi everyone,you guys are great and thanks for all the responses keep them coming you guys are giving me aloy of ideas.:wink:

also i have a question my family and my neighbors that we are going with want to go to the dinner luau at the poly and also want to see the fantasia show at mgm studios.

no for this particular week that im going we are going i have been told that we should seats ahead of time(like now) cause it will be to late to book seating by the time we get there.

what does everyone think i should do :confused: [/B]

I would call and book them. Definately. Try for the Fantasmic! dinner package for any of the nights you are going to be there. Hollywood and Vine and Momma’s were both great places to eat, but I would go with any to avoid waiting in the long line to get in the theater to see the show. As for the luau, just call and see what is available.

thanks alot for the responses.

(another question)
is it easy to get in and around the park or is it a little tricky.im just asking cause iv never hopped around in the park :confused: and i dont wanna get lost:(

my neighbors are staying at the o.k.w.r. and im staying at the c.r.b.:smiley: how easy is it to get to one resort to the next .im just asking cause they want to have breakfast with us every morning before we hit the parks.:cool:

also im taking my rental to the parks as apposed to taking the buses.how easy is it to get from the resort to the parks and vise-versa.

thanks for the help. :rolleyes: :cool: :nervous :confused: :laugh :flowers:

[B]thanks alot for the responses.

(another question)
is it east to get in and around the park or is it a little tricky.im just asking cause iv never hopped around in the park :confused: and i dont wanna get lost:(

my neighbors are staying at the o.k.w.r. and im staying at the c.r.b.:smiley: how easy is it to get to one resort to the next .im just asking cause they want to have breakfast with us every morning before we hit the parks.:cool:

also im taking my rental to the parks as apposed to taking the buses.how easy is it to get from the resort to the parks and vise-versa.

thanks for the help. :rolleyes: :cool: :nervous :confused: :laugh :flowers: [/B]

Getting aropund the parks will be easier if you get familiar with the layouts of the parks before you go. You can print WDW parks maps from this site, disney.com and many others or you can grab yourself a new 2004 passporter they have them in there.

As for getting around from resort to resort. I’m not certain I understand your question. If you are using the reosrt buses, you take your resort bus to the closest park…like MGM, and trasfer buses to the resort you are going to. With your rental, you would have to look at the maps of WDW. I’m not certain, but it doesn’t look to hard to find each one.

1gr8fan, Dana is right …you really need to get familar with WDW property if your planning on doing all that driving.
You said your neighbors want to have breakfast with you every morning before hitting the parks …so I understand this as you will all be having breakfast at the CBR? Or will you all be having breakfast at OKW? Since your going to be driving … you really need to allow a bit of extra time though because, I think all cars have to stop at the park entrance … and of course the good thing is since you are staying at a Disney resort your parking will be free. but again …you really need to get maps and become familar with the WDW property ahead of time because it is a huge place!!

Welcome to DC 1gr8fan! Im also a gr8fan of disney but im also a disney fanantic and thats how my s/n came about. You will absolutely love Caribbean Beach. It is my second favorite next to the Wilderness Lodge. It has awesome Disney Theming. The pool areas are great. Just about every section has its own pool and all sections are named after Caribbean Islands ie Barbados, Aruba, and Trinadad. There is also a themed central pool in the middle of the resort. That’s all I’m gonna tell you because I don’t want to spoil the experience so you can go in with an open mind. But have fun!!!

hi everyone,:slight_smile: thanks once again for the responses:cool: keep them coming.

now you guys mentioned (maps) i can get these maps at disneyworld.com and are they available at the entrance to the resort:whistle: cause last time i was there everything looked like it was pretty well marked out with sign and graphics.

im just curious i dont wanna get lost the first day im there:(

does any body have any links i could use to make it easier for me to find the resorts and parks:dazed

as for telling me about the resort thats fine tell me as much as you can that way its easier for me to know where i am and what to look forward to:laugh

thanks for everything you guys are gr8;)

Greetings from another newbie. We’ve stayed at CBR 4 of the 11 times we’ve been to WDW. Of the moderate resorts it’s by far our favorite. Yes, it is really spread out, but if you stay in one of the centrally located buildings it’s not that bad. Even if it is really spread out, it’s WDW and that’s still better than any other place. You should really enjoy CBR.

Originally posted by Okie Bill
Greetings from another newbie. We’ve stayed at CBR 4 of the 11 times we’ve been to WDW. Of the moderate resorts it’s by far our favorite. Yes, it is really spread out, but if you stay in one of the centrally located buildings it’s not that bad. Even if it is really spread out, it’s WDW and that’s still better than any other place. You should really enjoy CBR.

thanks,what else in the CBR do i have to look forward too,im just asking cause im trying to figure out an itinerary for me and my family and neighbors so we can have the best time ever,

any suggestions,i cant wait till i go!:slight_smile:

The CBR isn’t necessarily a resort with lots of things to do. What we like is the atmosphere. It’s very laid back and relaxing. A hammock on the beach after a day at the parks is heavenly. I guess that after a full day at the parks, we aren’t necessarily looking for something else to do. We’re just wanting to relax in order to prepare for the next day.

[B]

[/B]

SORRY!! I didn’t see this!! I’m from Hopkinton originally (start of the marathon;) ) And now We live in Northbridge/Whitinsville *no matter which one you say, the person your telling always knows the other:laugh * Its about 15 minutes out of Worcester!!

I hope your having fun planning your trip, it can be overwhelming!!

Lauren

P.S.- as far as getting lost, we always have a rental car too, WDW is pretty well marked, it can just be confusing-familiarize yourself with what area your resort is…example…CBR is an Epcot Resort, sometimes the signs will say to CBR other times it will say to ALL Epcot Resorts…

i cant wait till my family and i go:smile: from what everybody is telling me on this thread my family is gonna have the best time ever:)

i have another question :rolleyes: i was planning on going to the parks when they open, do most of the rides, leave at about 2-3 pm and then come back for a show or fireworks:hmmm this is one of the reasons why i want to take my rental so i dont have to wait for the buses:(

it just seams to me that you can get around alot faster with a rental as apposed to taking the bus:laugh

does anyone agree:whistle: