Resort Restrictions for POSSIBLE Free Dining?

Hello all,

It is good to be back!

I’d like to make my reservation for August or September before a possible free dining code is advertised. However, I think I recall having read that the package, when and if it is offered, is not for all resorts.

So, my question is, are the packages not always available at all resorts because they sell out or is it just that the package is only for selected resorts period? I’d really like to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge since this may very well be my last year going for a short while.

Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=DereksMom713;940967]Hello all,

It is good to be back!

I’d like to make my reservation for August or September before a possible free dining code is advertised. However, I think I recall having read that the package, when and if it is offered, is not for all resorts.

So, my question is, are the packages not always available at all resorts because they sell out or is it just that the package is only for selected resorts period? I’d really like to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge since this may very well be my last year going for a short while.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back! To answer your question, we’ve been lucky to have enjoyed free dining in the past- and you’re right- it’s not offered for every room and resort. It varies so much that if you make a tentative ressie now hoping for Free dining, you might need to change resorts or levels to get the free diding package. By the way, it might be cheaper to rent points for AKV and pay for the DDP!

Thank you so much for your advice, LeslieH.

I called Disney and was given suggestions by a CM. I asked her IF Disney were to offer free dining in the fall would it be, or has it been in the past, restricted to specific resorts (basically the same question I posted). Without hesitation, she told me “no” and suggested I reserve my preferred resort immediately. One can never assume or go on the courtesy of a CM. But, I like to think she was soooo helpful and quick to answer because there will definitely be a general Free Dining promotion for everyone.

Of course, I would not want you to quote me on that. :whistling

I am hoping for free dining too around the same time as you late August/early September. We had it last trip and it made such a huge difference to our budget-fingers crossed they release it again.

I believe that it is restricted to certain resorts once the deal is offered. I believe that if you already have an existing reservation somewhere and the deal comes out that you can apply it to your existing reservation. I know in the past that we had a reservation at WL and a 5+2 deal (much like the 4+3) was offered but only for values and AKL. We called and were able to apply it to our reservation at WL because the reservation was already made.

Thanks Mystic! What you’ve stated pretty much goes in line with what the CM alluded to. So, I’ll go on ahead and make my ressie today.

Thanks again everyone!

So what you are all saying is that it is better to book your MYW Package now and then add the free dining? Does that mean you are not booking with any dining option and then adding it when/if it comes out?

I’m guessing it’s better to book without dining because if free dining doesn’t come out or comes out late, it will cost you to remove it once your inside 45 days. However, this is kind of moot because for it to work they need to announce free DDP more than 90 days (ADR deadline) or free diners won’t be able to get ADR’s.

I’m speculating, but I imagine the free DDP promotion is like room discount promotions. It’s not so much limited to certain resorts as much as WDW limits how many and what class rooms at each resort can be booked with a free DDP package. For example, there might be 100 rooms set aside at WL for free DDP packages.

Do you think they will extend the free dining if avail as they did with the Get 3 free promo?

This is exactly how I thought it worked. When I had a Visa cardholder discount last time, I had to change resorts because all the discounts for that resort had been used.

I’m also hoping for a good discount for the fall! I was surprised they extended 4+3 through summer since that’s a peak season. Hopefully because the fall is value/reg season they’ll offer some great incentive too! A mom can hope, right? I wanna take my baby girl!

Yikes, there sure are lots of options and combinations!

I know the answer is probably “no”, but is there a simple rule of thumb at this time on how to easily assess the best deal?

Or do we always need to get our our slide rulers? :laugh: