Resort reviews

So, I have the Wilderness Lodge trip advisor page pinned to my phones home screen so I can check reviews on a regular basis. Plus, I get to see the resort on my homepage lol. But I just read a review from someone who gave it 2 stars BC he couldn’t find it. He didn’t have a GPS and said that he only saw one sign for the whole resort. Then he had to take a lukewarm shower. Wouldn’t you have a)called the resort to have them guide you there and b)call the front desk about the water? He said it was overpriced as well…Disney nickel and dimes you.um. You’re in Disney. Don’t compare it to NY hotel…lol

I know this is random, but it just really got on my nerves. You can tell this person is a negative Nancy! Lol

That’s why I rarely read reviews and when I do I discount reviews like that. To rate it lower because he couldn’t find it is stupid. Sure, the cool shower is fair game but I would call and see what was going on if it happened more than once.

Sounds like someone who will complain about anything just for the sake of complaining. Some people just suck.

They really do. Sounds like his daughter conned home into going and he didn’t want to spend the money he actually said “I’ll never stay on Disney property again as long as I live!” really? Dramatic much!?

That’s just one more open room for us.

I think some people just are miserable whenever wherever—and yes—even at Disneyworld. It’s hard to please chronic complainers—you can’t win. I too look at the overall picture if I read reviews but I would rather take someones opinion here than just a random review. At least I feel that here, “anything can and will be held against you.” :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait—I didn’t say that did I? :closedeye

Can you imagine living in that household? Everything is always someone elses fault. Too much stress! And, yes, as I had said in another thread, the review is as good as the attitude of the person.

I just don’t understand how you can be miserable in Disney. My DH is a very cynical person and the second we get on the ME he is 8 years old lol. People need to get over themselves! Nothing exists outside the walls that are Disney! Lol. Leave all problems at home!

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1119025]So, I have the Wilderness Lodge trip advisor page pinned to my phones home screen so I can check reviews on a regular basis. Plus, I get to see the resort on my homepage lol. But I just read a review from someone who gave it 2 stars BC he couldn’t find it. He didn’t have a GPS and said that he only saw one sign for the whole resort. Then he had to take a lukewarm shower. Wouldn’t you have a)called the resort to have them guide you there and b)call the front desk about the water? He said it was overpriced as well…Disney nickel and dimes you.um. You’re in Disney. Don’t compare it to NY hotel…lol

I know this is random, but it just really got on my nerves. You can tell this person is a negative Nancy! Lol[/QUOTE]

Don’t bother with those reviews!!!
I just got back from WL and have stayed there many times in the past.

Everything is just fine.
Stay at WL and don’t give it a second thought.

That’s my review.

WL is the least costly of the Disney deluxe resorts, and AKL is tied with it as far as rates. I doubt you can get a room in Times Square for 150% of WL’s cheapest rooms.
And yes, compare it to NY and Vegas’ best. It is a 3.75 to 4.25 star resort.
Five stars being the best.

PS: There’s PLENTY of hot water!
How can there not be when there’s a geyser on the grounds of the hotel :wink:

[QUOTE=DisneyFan722;1119025]So, I have the Wilderness Lodge trip advisor page pinned to my phones home screen so I can check reviews on a regular basis. Plus, I get to see the resort on my homepage lol. But I just read a review from someone who gave it 2 stars BC he couldn’t find it. He didn’t have a GPS and said that he only saw one sign for the whole resort. Then he had to take a lukewarm shower. Wouldn’t you have a)called the resort to have them guide you there and b)call the front desk about the water? He said it was overpriced as well…Disney nickel and dimes you.um. You’re in Disney. Don’t compare it to NY hotel…lol

I know this is random, but it just really got on my nerves. You can tell this person is a negative Nancy! Lol[/QUOTE]
You are completely right. A couple of phone calls would have remedied this guys problems. There’s always someone who has complaints.
Disney does a good job. The water wasn’t hot enough? call and let them know. I am sure they appreciate the heads up and make good on this.

When I ask my guests if everything is alright during their stay, I don’t ask because I am fishing for compliments, I am asking so I can fix things or whatever. Same with any other place.

Great, more room for the people who want to be there and couldn’t because this a$$ took the room

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1119077]
PS: There’s PLENTY of hot water!
How can there not be when there’s a geyser on the grounds of the hotel :wink:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh: the geyser :laugh::laugh:

I could almost see it through the trees from our third floor balcony:blush:

I would not worry at all. Some people just love to complain. We have stayed their twice, the most recent last fall. Everything was very good. No issues to speak of. Your going to love it and, in my opinion, it is one of Disney’s most beautiful resorts. As far as being overpriced, you get what you pay for. If you don’t like the price stay somewhere cheaper - simple.

Don’t forget to ask if they have any openings for the “Family of the Day” while you are there. It is a really cool experience if you are lucky enough to get a spot.

Have fun!

I’d like to add where he could place the geyser during his shower but this is a family site.:eek::laugh:

:ph34r: I am glad you remembered the designation of this site :closedeye

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I’m glad I read the thread before I posted without context:blush:
:eek:

Hey, speaking of the shower, I’ve come to the opinion that I don’t like the shower heads they have, even if they’re Kohler.
I was seriously thinking about bringing one of our Showerpik handheld things and temporarily installing it in our room so I can get a better body rinse.
I decided against only because I didn’t feel like bringing tools and plumber’s tape.
In the end I decided I could deal with 6 showers without all the comforts of home.:happy:

And it’s not something I’m going to complain about.
Maybe some day I’ll send them a comment, but this ain’t no deal breaker.

I give him two stars for failure to navigate. Looozah!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1119123]I’m glad I read the thread before I posted without context:blush:
:eek:

Hey, speaking of the shower, I’ve come to the opinion that I don’t like the shower heads they have, even if they’re Kohler.
I was seriously thinking about bringing one of our Showerpik handheld things and temporarily installing it in our room so I can get a better body rinse.
I decided against only because I didn’t feel like bringing tools and plumber’s tape.
In the end I decided I could deal with 6 showers without all the comforts of home.:happy:

And it’s not something I’m going to complain about.
Maybe some day I’ll send them a comment, but this ain’t no deal breaker.[/QUOTE]

The longer I hang around here, the more I realize some of us have issues. And yes, you’re included. :laugh::laugh::laugh: