Resort Shuttle

As we were leaving Disney world last week we noticed a couple of buses that had “internal Shuttle” written on the front and side. It was at OKW

We have not seen this before, Is this something new that Disney are trying.
Im thinking its a shuttle between resorts but it could also be just a shuttle going around the massive OKW?

can anyone shed some light on this?
:ohmy:

It is a shuttle to get around OKW. I have only seen one in the two times we have stayed there but it is as it says. Internal transportation to get around OKW.

They run those buses at OKW all the time - or I have been oddly lucky each time I have stayed there. Caribbean Beach supposedly has them as well, but I have never stayed there ,so I am not certain.

The Ft Wilderness campground has them too…

I could have used a shuttle 20 years ago when my DD got too big to carry back to the room at Dixie Landings late one night…they didn’t have the bus stop at Magnolia Bend back then and it was a long walk from the front to our room!

I wonder how much this is used? Is it a regular bus size or a smaller van type bus that they use?

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139096]The Ft Wilderness campground has them too…

I could have used a shuttle 20 years ago when my DD got too big to carry back to the room at Dixie Landings late one night…they didn’t have the bus stop at Magnolia Bend back then and it was a long walk from the front to our room!

I wonder how much this is used? Is it a regular bus size or a smaller van type bus that they use?[/QUOTE]

It’s a regular WDW bus. Forgot about FW! I am kinda surprised that POR and CSR doesn’t have them as they are super big!

…that’s one of the reasons we started staying at POFQ…short walk everywhere. We had to stay at CSR twice due to availability and yes that can be a “long walk” from the bus stops there too.

It would be nice to have a shuttle at all the larger properties…even if it’s just a smaller van…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139101]…that’s one of the reasons we started staying at POFQ…short walk everywhere. We had to stay at CSR twice due to availability and yes that can be a “long walk” from the bus stops there too.

It would be nice to have a shuttle at all the larger properties…even if it’s just a smaller van…[/QUOTE]

I agree especially for when you have little kids who are so tired at the end of the day or for people who don’t get around so well, but don’t require a scooter.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139101]…that’s one of the reasons we started staying at POFQ…short walk everywhere. We had to stay at CSR twice due to availability and yes that can be a “long walk” from the bus stops there too.

It would be nice to have a shuttle at all the larger properties…even if it’s just a smaller van…[/QUOTE]

Snap. We love POFQ

I was getting my hopes up that Disney was running a shuttle between some resorts. We actually love the disney transport but just wish sometimes there was a Disney coach to get to some dinning reservations. This last trip we did very little resort dining due to this.
POFQ is our home now :laugh::laugh::wub:

[QUOTE=jimbo;1139107]Snap. We love POFQ

I was getting my hopes up that Disney was running a shuttle between some resorts. We actually love the disney transport but just wish sometimes there was a Disney coach to get to some dinning reservations. This last trip we did very little resort dining due to this.
POFQ is our home now :laugh::laugh::wub:[/QUOTE]

Agree on POFQ and also wish there was a quicker way to get to a resort meal without having to use two modes of transportation. I end up cabbing it way too often.