Restaurants You'll Never Eat In Again

All this talk of trying new restaurants got me to thinking of places I’ve tried once - and never would go back to. Whispering Canyon and California Grill are on the top of my list. We had terrible experiences in both places - in terms of food and service - and I’m not willing to give them a second chance. What are yours?

The restaurant in Mexico. I’ve eaten there twice and really didn’t care for it either time.

Food was bland and really so so.

I think the cantana outside is much better.

Tried Tony’s in the MK and would not go back. Waited a considerable amount of time past our ADR time, and when we were seated the services was slow, and the food was bland. I thought is was a bit pricey at the time for the quality and size of the portions (compared to other sit downs throughout the World).

I do have to add that was 2 or 3 years ago, so things could be different now. It was nice to rest our feet and get cool on a hot day at the MK.

[QUOTE=QueenofHearts;1065523]Tried Tony’s in the MK and would not go back. Waited a considerable amount of time past our ADR time, and when we were seated the services was slow, and the food was bland. I thought is was a bit pricey at the time for the quality and size of the portions (compared to other sit downs throughout the World).

I do have to add that was 2 or 3 years ago, so things could be different now. It was nice to rest our feet and get cool on a hot day at the MK.[/QUOTE]

Forgot about Tony’s - yep, that’s another one on the list. The noise was deafening and the food was - meh.

50’s Prime Time. The food was just so-so, service was okay. However, every single one of us got sick afterwards and ended up missing Fantasmic because of it.

Mine is (shame on me) the Rose and Crown at Epcot. Every time we’ve eaten there the food has been dire. The other was Cinderella’s Royal Table (lunch) ours was absolutely awful. The only good thing was being in the castle!

Again, I love how we all have different experiences. My bad might be your great, and vice versa.

Bad for us:
Wave- rotten food and service twice in 1 week. But others have raved about it. Funny.
Everything in China. I can get the same cheap food down the street.
Hollywood &Vine- very average meal not worthy of the price.

The Coral Reef, the food was lousy, overpriced and the service was slow.
I agree with Rich, everything in China…nothing too special.

The places I can think of are
Olivia’s-food was meh and service was terrible
Mexico (inside)-bad food

There are probably more that I can’t think of.

1. Coral Reef
  2. Tony’s
  3. Biergarten - sorry, I don’t drink beer and the food was just not good. If was a drinker I could see this being fun.
  4. Garden Grill

Giving 1 more shot b/c they have impressed in the past

1. Prime Time
  2. Mexico

I guess we have been pretty lucky so I can’t say much on this post except that I could agree that Hollywood and Vine twice now was just okay for us.

But I am a little concerned because we are trying Coral Reef this upcoming trip because we heard in the past people really liked it but I am a little worried now!! Price isn’t as issue since we will be on dining plan- I think I will keep our ressie though and give it one shot.

The Coral Reef food soso and the service was slow.

Columbia Harbour House. food=:blow:

[QUOTE=Toriadavis;1065568]I guess we have been pretty lucky so I can’t say much on this post except that I could agree that Hollywood and Vine twice now was just okay for us.

But I am a little concerned because we are trying Coral Reef this upcoming trip because we heard in the past people really liked it but I am a little worried now!! Price isn’t as issue since we will be on dining plan- I think I will keep our ressie though and give it one shot.[/QUOTE]

If you have kids or dig the aquariums then Coral Reef is good for a try. I think the food when went about 14 months ago was hit or miss. They froo frood it a little too much for me…too much froo and not enough food. Inconsistent - my wife’s food was an 8.5 and mine was a 5. The scenery is good for at least 1 visit IMO…Dont fret - we are trying Whispering Canyon and I have heard different reviews on that but your at WDW - try new things I say :wink:

The only restaurant I won’t return to is Coral Reef, bad food and even worse service.

Mama Melrose. The sauce tasted like Ragu. Service was extremely slow. It took us 2 hours for our meal - waste of 1 hr park time!

Cinderella’s Royal Table was nice for a one time experience, but I would not use 2 dining credits to do it again.

We will NEVER do lunch at Akershus in Norway again! It was absolutely horrible!

The only one that I can think of that we will not return to is Aukershus. We did not like the food very well. We would go back for the experience (decor and princesses) with other people, but will not be going back on our own. Another annoying thing about Aukershus is that they MAKE you get your pic with Belle. We were tired, our table was ready, and we just wanted to eat. Belle is great for the kids but DW and I really did not need one. :dry:

I will never go back to Tusker House ever again.
We went there for breakfast on our second morning. The food did not look good. I don’t know why we didn’t just walk out. The food was not fit to feed the hogs with.
If I had had a gun for the next three days, I would have used it.

It ruined 3 of our Disney days.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1065597]I will never go back to Tusker House ever again.
We went there for breakfast on our second morning. The food did not look good. I don’t know why we didn’t just walk out. The food was not fit to feed the hogs with.
If I had had a gun for the next three days, I would have used it.

It ruined 3 of our Disney days.[/QUOTE]

Now that’s the worst comment on a restaurant I think I ever heard.

For us, we’ve had several that were “service was slow or food not quite up to par”, but not “I’ll never go back again”. The only place we tried that we and we just didn’t care for was the CS at morocco.