Review with photos - Sanaa@Kidani Village, Jiko on a dime

I have finally gotten around to posting a review about our dinner at Sanaa on my blog page. I have included pictures of the food and the restaurant.

[B][COLOR=“Blue”]Jiko on a Dime?[/COLOR][/B]

What’s the deal with having to take a bus from the lobby?
Isn’t the building connected?
I know Beach Villas, Boardwalk Villas, and VWL as well as BLT all share the main hotel’s bus stop.

No, like most of the DVC add-ons the buildings are separated. But unlike BCV, BLT or VWL they are much further apart. If you are familiar with AKL pre Kidani. The lobby for Kidani sits right on the spot where the animal barn was for the Sunset Savanna. We took the bus because you can’t see the other building from the entrance of Jambo House so we did not know how far away it really was. It is only a 7 to 10 minute walk and we ended up walking back to the Jambo House after dinner.

“Only a 7-10 minute walk” he says:rolleyes:

Now I’m looking forward to this meal even more!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;966638]What’s the deal with having to take a bus from the lobby?
Isn’t the building connected?
I know Beach Villas, Boardwalk Villas, and VWL as well as BLT all share the main hotel’s bus stop.[/QUOTE]

It’s about 1/2 mile. That’s why the uproar that there is no CS at kidani.

Of course I think I walked that far at CBR from those furthest buildings.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;966806]It’s about 1/2 mile. That’s why the uproar that there is no CS at kidani.

Of course I think I walked that far at CBR from those furthest buildings.[/QUOTE]

Heck, I think I walked that far each day from the lobby to my room at Boardwalk! When they say “last door on the left” they MEAN IT! Whew… still tired. :laugh:

I think we stayed in the same room at BWV!

Everything looks YUMMY! I can’t wait to eat there in August.

Thanks for the pic’s my DW is thinking of going there now.

Been there too, stayed in the Crest -O-the Wave section, What a hike:crying:

You will not be disappointed. We are returning in August but are going to different places with one exception, The Cape May Cafe`, hoping they will still have the crab legs.:wub:

Thanks for the review and pics. We don’t have time to visit AK on our next visit in Sept. but I’m thinking this might be a way to get a little of the AK experience!

I think I recently saw a thread that said the crab legs are still there but will be off the menu soon. If I find the thread, I will post the link.

Then I will go to voice my disappointment to the manager:mad:

What a great looking place to eat! I love the whole AK theme…