Reviews of Whispering Canyon Breakfast

Please tell me your experience, the good, the bad and if an ugly on Whispering Canyon Breakfast? We would probably order from the menu and not do the all you can eat, DH and DS are way too picky for that one.

It was OK. If I were staying at WL, I’d do it again.
I don’t know if I’d make a side trip over there from somewhere else, other than perhaps BLT of Contemporary because they have direct access via boat. Same goes for the breakfast buffet at Ft. Wilderness.

I agree. The food is pretty good, and it’s good, rowdy fun. If I were staying at WL, it would be a definite breakfast pick, but I don’t know about making the journey from other resorts. Only if I was visiting MK that morning… but then I would prefer lunch over breakfast.

WC is great if you are staying at the Lodge or Villas. Breakfast is eggs, toast and hash browns. I can get that at WC or anywhere else in the world. I would not make a special trip unless you plan on doing some resort hopping.

We’ve done it a couple of times and it was fine. Like others, I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there, the food isn’t anything too special. If we’re staying at WL it’s easy and fun.

We did it back in 2005, as others have said it’s not worth going out of your way for…IMOP all breakfast places are pretty much the same, same for the character “buffets” (the food part anyway)…with that said…the breakfast places that did stand out for us were CRT & Kona Cafe (both we are doing again on our upcoming trip) and Rainforest Cafe (which we might do again before one of our AK days).

Chef Mickey’s is a must for us every trip…but honestly if it were just me & DW making the trip, we wouldn’t go out of the way for there either…reason again is the food is average at best and I can get plenty of the characters in the parks!!!

[FONT=“Arial Black”]Make sure you ask for ketchup!!! [/FONT] :laugh:

Food was decent, nothing special, but it is a bottomless meal, so you will leave full.

It is fun, my daughter loved the ketchup bit. Plus she did the “horse race” and thought that was fun.

It is a neat place, but I agree with SG, only if you are staying there or have easy access.

WC was a little too much for me, I have trouble hearing the people I am with in a loud room ( bad tinnitus ) and breakfast is usually the meal where we plan our day out.

At least one breakfast HAS to be Tonga Toast at the Poly!

Chef Mickey was a must when the kids were younger, and now with DGS.

And if we think far enough ahead we will get ressies for the buffet at Crystal Palace

-Harry

It’s been a long time (we ate there for bfast in 2002), but we realyl enjoyed the meal. We did the family-style all you care to eat meal and it was really good. It’s much quieter than their dinner, but still a good time.

Which brings up a good point, Whispering Canyon serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I know I haven’t done lunch there, and I honestly can’t remember if I’ve eaten dinner there. I think I had reservations last October, but I’m drawing a blank.

Its been hit or miss for us. I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there. Fun atmosphere, but it can be a bit much especially in the morning.

You can ask to be excluded from the “fun”. The “fun” is optional and you don’t have to be subjected to it if you don’t want it.
They can even seat you out of the line of fire if you wish.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1080111]Which brings up a good point, Whispering Canyon serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I know I haven’t done lunch there, and I honestly can’t remember if I’ve eaten dinner there. I think I had reservations last October, but I’m drawing a blank.[/QUOTE]

We have also done L&D and I would term the menu as good old comfort food. Nothing fancy, good selection, plenty of it, and leaves you in need of a walk after you are done.

And we ALWAYS ask for ketchup. And refills on my soda.

Thank you everyone. It would have been a side trip and then off to MK. We’ve only booked dinners and I am a breakfast loving person. I thought maybe I could squeeze a new one in. It would have been out of pocket so I will pass.