Ride Swap

Someone please explain this to me. We didn’t have to do it last year as I was hugely pregnant and banned from a lot of rides.

I know it involves telling a CM about you’re needing to swap but what do you do? We’re going next Feb/March and it’s only dh and I and I know all the kids won’t be able to ride all at once with 1 adult.

Thanks!

The way it works is one parent and kids go get in line and request a Rider Switch pass from the CM at the front of the line. You all need to be present to get this pass. After the first parent goes, the other parent takes that pass and goes through the Fast Pass enterance with it. It is good for up to 3 people.

Ok, so we all wait in line, we get the pass, then split up he or I ride while the other waits, when the 1st rider is done I or he can then take the 2 kids to the Fast Pass line. Have I got it? Man I think I’m going to miss my in laws this trip. :laugh:

Wow, that’s how they do it now? They used to just let one parent wait in a separate area or room close by to keep the child. Seems like more of a pain to have to go back through even the fast pass line.

It does take a little longer using the Fastpass line, but usually it hasn’t been too bad. It was definitely nicer when they just let you wait near the loading area. I think at Test Track, I waited at the exit and then was allowed to enter the loading area with my rider switch pass via the exit ramp. Now you wait outside and head back through the fast pass line.

If its only avail for 3 people what happens if you have a family of 7?

We did a ride swap at Star Tours, and we all went through the regular line and told the CM at the loading area. We went on the ride with one grandson while my son, daughter-in-law, and 1 year old grandson waited right by the loading area. When the ride was over, they came into the ride car and we took the baby; older grandson got to ride with them. We went out and waited in the gift shop. Very easy process.

Are you serious?!?! FP is great, most of the time, but there’s other times when we’ve stood there for up to 1/2 hour in that line as well. When we’ve done this at other parks the ride share parent waited at the top of the line and was considered “first on” once the other had gotten off.
We never used RS at WDW since most rides can accomodate any age. When ours were younger and it came to a ride they couldn’t/wouldn’t go on DH or I just did w/o on that one. We picked which were really important to each and just chose an alternative (show/bathroom break) on the rest.

We’ve always done the same thing. We take turns sitting out and it usually works out for us as one child always needs a washroom break/snack, is sleeping, or is scared of the ride! The Disney juggle we call it!

I’m so confused!
In both of our previous trips we didn’t use RS (probably because we didn’t understand!) but this year, it would be fun to ride more stuff. My littlest diva (3) doesn’t ride much of anything- you know, the breeze messes up her hair-:ohmy: but with a 12 yr old & 6 yr old it would be fun to ride with Mommy not just Daddy~ maybe the best thing would be to ask a CM about RS when we get to the parks. :confused:

[QUOTE=3DisneyDivas;968549]I’m so confused!
In both of our previous trips we didn’t use RS (probably because we didn’t understand!) but this year, it would be fun to ride more stuff. My littlest diva (3) doesn’t ride much of anything- you know, the breeze messes up her hair-:ohmy: but with a 12 yr old & 6 yr old it would be fun to ride with Mommy not just Daddy~ maybe the best thing would be to ask a CM about RS when we get to the parks. :confused:[/QUOTE]

With RS, your 12 yr old and 6 yr old get to ride it twice. Once with mom and once with dad. You can also do a Fast Pass/Baby Swap together, but that is a seperate discussion.

Ok, so I was right. I originally thought it was what a previous poster said. RS parent and child(ren) stood to the side at the FRONT. Glad I asked this then. I have an odd #of children who can ride 90% or more of the MK rides, and other areas. Most of the rides are 2 people MAYBE 3, which means no room for #3 child. Makes us almost wish we would have a 6th just to keep the rides even. :laugh: