Ridemakerz

Has anyone been to Ridemakerz in DTD? I read that it’s a “limited engagement” in the Celebrations magazine. Wondering what that means and if it’s worth checking out. This might be right up DS’s alley but we’re not going until December. Anyone know anything?

It’s build-a-bear but with CARS and TRUCKS - VERY COOL!!

If I get around to a TR I will post the pics . . . it was crowded and looked like a lot of FUN!!

You pick at body, sound, tires, engine, you put it all together and then add stickers. We guessed around $50 minimum when all was said and done.

Here is info from the Disney Blog!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1036097]It’s build-a-bear but with CARS and TRUCKS - VERY COOL!!

If I get around to a TR I will post the pics . . . it was crowded and looked like a lot of FUN!!

You pick at body, sound, tires, engine, you put it all together and then add stickers. We guessed around $50 minimum when all was said and done.

Here is info from the Disney Blog![/QUOTE]

Thanks. DS LOVES designing cars so he would be soooo excited about this. Did they give any indication how long they would be there? (I haven’t checked out the blog, yet.)

It’s set up in the old Virgin Store . . . I haven’t read anywhere it was for a limited time, and it seemed really busy. I’m going back in July - I’ll ask around.

In the latest issue of Celebrations it said “for a limited engagement.” If you could check in July, I’d be forever indebted to you! Oh, and if you could talk them in to staying until at least Dec. 11, I’ll be indebted to you for even longer than forever. :happy:

My DS6 was thrilled to make his own remote control car. This place was really cool. We were a little overwhelmed when we arrived at the store, but we just went up to someone that worked there, and asked how to get started. They walked us through the process, and Jimmy ended up with a yellow corvette remote controlled car. You can see pics in my blog post:

Click on the link right here to take you directly to this part of our blog:
The Goode Life: RIDEMAKERZ a cool store in Downtown Disney. You get to make and design your own remote control car.

We ended up spending $80 total. You can spend less too, and much, much more. It costs $25 to make it remote controlled - the rest of the price depends on the type of tires, and other extras you put on it. They have many inexpensive items to choose from as well…but if you want the remote controlled option, you will spend a minimum of $40.

I’ll do my best! :heart:

In the Mickey Monitor it doesn’t say anything about being “limited”??

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1036177]My DS6 was thrilled to make his own remote control car. This place was really cool. We were a little overwhelmed when we arrived at the store, but we just went up to someone that worked there, and asked how to get started. They walked us through the process, and Jimmy ended up with a yellow corvette remote controlled car. You can see pics in my blog post:

Click on the link right here to take you directly to this part of our blog:
The Goode Life: RIDEMAKERZ a cool store in Downtown Disney. You get to make and design your own remote control car.

We ended up spending $80 total. You can spend less too, and much, much more. It costs $25 to make it remote controlled - the rest of the price depends on the type of tires, and other extras you put on it. They have many inexpensive items to choose from as well…but if you want the remote controlled option, you will spend a minimum of $40.[/QUOTE]

Very cool. Thanks! I sure do hope DS gets a chance to do this!

If not, you’ll have to plan a trip to DL - it’s a permanent feature there! :laugh:

Does anyone know if they hace 2010 Camaro Concepts?? My bf is obsessed… lol

We purposely stayed away from it when we were waiting for my second cousin at PH because my 6 year-old DS would have never left the place. We walked around the area but steered him away from seeing it.

Well, I guess I might just have to take a look the next time we’re in DTD and hopefully that will be some time in the next month.