Rides... Money.. Camera.. $ (?!)

Another question!! :confused:

When you visit a theme park of course you always have with you some sort of backpack with your wallet inside and a video camera or a regular camera to take pictures… :donald:

What do you do with all that stuff when you wanna get inside a ride??! Do you carry it with you? I guess not but can you leave it somewhere SECURE? :dry:

That’s the beauty of the “Key to the magic” ID/CC/Room Key in one! :wub:

And most rides have a small pouch/net/basket to secure your things while you are enjoying the ride.

Welcome to MB!!!

To be honest, I always have my camera around my wrist. I always have pockets for my $ so I never bring a pocketbook. Sometimes I will bring a backpack but its light enough to ride with me on the rides.

We usually carry something small enough (camera back, back pack, fanny pack or bag) to accommodate our “stuff” that we can either strap to ourselves or slip in the little cargo carrier net on the ride.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;896082]Welcome to MB!!!

To be honest, I always have my camera around my wrist. I always have pockets for my $ so I never bring a pocketbook. Sometimes I will bring a backpack but its light enough to ride with me on the rides.[/QUOTE]

I am with you on this we carry our camera in a hip pack on our waist. I get rid of all other junk I normally would carry a purse not when I am the parks.
I carry my room key that is my cc/id/park hopper. Cash/photo pass. additional cc if I think I may need it, and cell phone that is it. Oh and a small bottle of purell.

My kids are older and they pretty much carry the same in their hip packs. They all carry disposable cameras. They don’t want to loose their good ones.

We usually carry everything in our pockets (so…not very much!) At major theme parks where rides go upside down a lot they usually have small cubbies at the entrances to the rides where you can leave your stuff. Disney doesn’t have that though and personally I’d be skeptical about leaving the goods out in the open. Since Disney rides typically don’t go upside down (except for RnRC) your stuff is generally safe tucked near your feet.

[QUOTE=senacm;896093]I am with you on this we carry our camera in a hip pack on our waist. I get rid of all other junk I normally would carry a purse not when I am the parks.
I carry my room key that is my cc/id/park hopper. Cash/photo pass. additional cc if I think I may need it, and cell phone that is it. Oh and a small bottle of purell.

My kids are older and they pretty much carry the same in their hip packs. They all carry disposable cameras. They don’t want to loose their good ones.[/QUOTE]

I like using a fanny pack too. They’re nice when you get on a ride because you can still keep them fastened around your waist, you might just want to adjust it to the side so that the lap bar can come all the way down

My husband is a smoker, I know…no one has to say a word on that.
Well we were looking for a hip pack that would keep his stash from getting wet.

We bought a cheap little camera hip holder. It is water proof, holds his cigs and fits on his belt loop like a regular hip pack. We made sure it was not bulky. It works better then most of hip packs we have tried for him. I however have a Mickey Mouse hip pack. I just slide it to where I need it when I get locked into my seat for rides.

Many times I have a computer backup (I put in magazines to read, we go to the parks so often, that sometimes we just like to sit down and read somewhere while in the parks). I have no issues with bringing it on the rides. The only exceptions I could think of is would be Splash Mountains or the River Rapids where it may get wet.

BTW: There are lockers in the parks, except for Epcot they are near the front entrance, after you enter. EPCOT Center has 2 locker locations, one near the front entrance and one near the International Gateway (the entrance from the Boardwalk between Great Britain and France)

I have a Mickey bag that I carry my stuff in, and on some rides there are mess nets where you can store them, if not I just hook the bag around my leg.

Don’t carry too much, make your bag as light as you can, after a while it feel like you are carrying a bag of rocks instead.

CArrying your stuff or using a locker are the only secure ways to deal with it. Fortunately, every attraction makes it easy, with a place under the seat or something along those lines.

NOTE: Kali has a “dry well” for your stuff in the middl eof each raft. BALONEY… those things haven’t been dry since the ride opened. LOL

i have the luxury of a stroller to be our “catch all” for the big stuff (sunscreen, water bottles, snacks, small bag with medicines like tylenol and moleskin, princess costumes to change into at a moments notice, etc). i leave that stuff in the stroller while we are on rides, and haven’t ever had a problem

i usually bring a small backpack (it’s 1/3 of the size of a regular one) or a sling type of bag that holds my wallet, camera and video camera, tissues, lip balm/lipstick, etc. and just take it on the rides with us - i haven’t had a problem finding a spot to stick it on rides at all! oh - i do put the camera/video camera in waterproof holders inside the bag, just in case!

next years trip though, DD is really too old for a stroller (or so we are telling her, she isn’t buying it) - so i’m not sure what we’ll do. i think i’ll still bring it, just in case - she and her sister both get tired and since we are park commandos, it may be best to take it just in case!

well I’ve always put my stuff in my pockets but that was when i was on a group trip or with the family I wasn’t the one having to tote it all. but now when me and my fiance went this last time we were just going to use her small purse but we found a better way of toting our stuff around, (sun screen, camera, money, maps, ext) and we found it right by the magic kingdom. I was a jack Skellington bag that slung over your shoulder! and its so nice you just move it forward and on your lap when you get in a ride or if there is a bar you put it between your legs because the strap adjusts it was perfect for our needs and we have dubbed it “The Disney Bag” we plan to use that for all our Disney trips now because of diversity and how convenient it is.

We carry one backpack and place the necessities in it; we then take tuens carrying it, so no ONE person is stuck with it all day. We also make sure that only necessary items go in, so as to not weigh it down. At home i am NEVER without my purse, at WDW, I didn’t carry my purse all week, makes me wonder what I need it for??!?!? And we took that backpack on every ride and didn’t have any problems at all.

Hi welcome to mousebuzz.

Mmm your firs visit to Disney world WOW you will want to make it as magic as possible.
Like everyone Say’s if you can get away with it carry everything on you, small camera, money either on your belt or in fanny bag. but if you need small child changing things just take with you for the time your in the park, don’t be tempted to take loads of stuff. make use of lockers if your going to be there all day long without going back to your resort.

Don’t forget to get any purchases delivered back to your resort or if your staying off property get things delivered to the entrance to collect at the end of the day (Universal and sea world do this also)

also take advantage of photopass

And welcome to Mousebuzz!! I love your avatar…too cute!

Hi and welcome- can’t really add to the good advice already given, but just to say I’ve never had any problems taking stuff on rides- so dont worry too much about that.

Just wanted to say welcome and have an amazing time on your first trip! Disney is not strict about carry-ons the way parks like Six Flags or Universal are. You shouldnt have any trouble. Be careful on Buzz Lightyear though-- I lost a camera bag off that one once! (my own fault)

I use a Sherpa to carry my stuff.

You have to carry it with you on the rides. You can get a locker but what good would your camera, money do there. I carry a small wallet type purse and a tote bag with a zipper. It’s pretty light. I’d rather carry nothing but with my camera, rain coats & everyones bottle of water; I have to.