Rides?

My child who will be 5 at the time of our trip might be ride bound :eek:. Not exactly sure if it’s a good idea or not though. He will be over the height requirements for Splash Mountain and Test Track. He is excited about it as well, and really wants to ride it.

He is also looking forward to the pirates ride, and the jurassic park ride when we go to Universal for 1 day.

I will have to hang on tight to him (and the ride) :laugh:

:laugh: they grow up so fast, don’t they.

You’ll have fun and he’ll learn to hold on tight all by himself. I am excited for a ride report from you

With DD2 she was 4 when we first went, the only mistake we made was taking her to Honey I Shrunk The Audience, to this day (almost 20 years later) she is still uncomfortible in 3d movies.

The thing we did right was not forcing her to ride anything. If I remember right we did Pirates, Haunted Manson, she was not big enough for any of the mountains, she LOVED all the rides in Fantesyland, except that she was terrified by Snow White.

Most of the folks here have been with young ones, I am sure some of their memories are a little more current then mine, lol.

Enjoy,
Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1108679]With DD2 she was 4 when we first went, the only mistake we made was taking her to Honey I Shrunk The Audience, to this day (almost 20 years later) she is still uncomfortible in 3d movies.

The thing we did right was not forcing her to ride anything. If I remember right we did Pirates, Haunted Manson, she was not big enough for any of the mountains, she LOVED all the rides in Fantesyland, except that she was terrified by Snow White.

Most of the folks here have been with young ones, I am sure some of their memories are a little more current then mine, lol.

Enjoy,
Harry[/QUOTE]

Nice post, which actually brought back memories from 2 years ago. He turned 3 then and we were in WDW for his birthday. He loves the Bugs Life movie, so our first day at animal kingdom why not take him to It’s Tough To Be A Bug? Freaked him out, and the rest of our trip he was nervous to do anything including the fireworks.

I guess we didn’t think that through that great and we felt horrible about it. It’s funny because our youngest who is 2 years older would fly down the zip line with tinker bell… lol. We will be more thoughtful this trip…

My children have been told mom & dad will NOT be doing “baby swaps” this trip, which means, unless mom doesn’t want to ride it, everyone rides.

I know if sounds harsh, but I remember at age 12 my dad forced me to ride Big Thunder Mt., my first rollercoaster. I cried in line the entire time. After the ride ended, I asked if we could ride it again.

Tower of Terror here we come!

[QUOTE=Cavey;1108686]My children have been told mom & dad will NOT be doing “baby swaps” this trip, which means, unless mom doesn’t want to ride it, everyone rides.

I know if sounds harsh, but I remember at age 12 my dad forced me to ride Big Thunder Mt., my first rollercoaster. I cried in line the entire time. After the ride ended, I asked if we could ride it again.

Tower of Terror here we come![/QUOTE]

Dictator :pirate:

[QUOTE=Cavey;1108686]My children have been told mom & dad will NOT be doing “baby swaps” this trip, which means, unless mom doesn’t want to ride it, everyone rides.

Tower of Terror here we come![/QUOTE]

I’m with you. With DD once she was 6 we forced her on TOT she cried the entire time and the lady in front of us was very vocal about how horrible we were. The lady behind us was great and encouraging DD. We know our DD, we knew once she did it and overcame the fear she would love it. She rode it bravely and LOVED IT! We did both help hold her down and hold onto her for a little comfort for her and me! She immediately also asked to do it again. Now DS on the other hand may be a different story altogether. My point is you know your child best, if you know it they can’t handle it don’t force it. If you know they can then try to encourage them. We’ve always told our kids Mickey doesn’t make anything that will hurt you and that helps.

[QUOTE=tjrey;1108684]Nice post, which actually brought back memories from 2 years ago. He turned 3 then and we were in WDW for his birthday. He loves the Bugs Life movie, so our first day at animal kingdom why not take him to It’s Tough To Be A Bug? Freaked him out, and the rest of our trip he was nervous to do anything including the fireworks.

I guess we didn’t think that through that great and we felt horrible about it. It’s funny because our youngest who is 2 years older would fly down the zip line with tinker bell… lol. We will be more thoughtful this trip…[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen more kids freak out at Tough to be a Bug than any other attraction at WDW. It’s scary!:eek: Huge spiders dropping on your head! I’ve even seen adults freak.

We never forced anyone to ride anything at WDW or US. Shoot there still are a lot of things we won’t go into or ride and we are all adults now.

When my daughter was young, we let her decide what we were to see and do—we were there for her not us. Our first visit with her when she was 3, we all (grandparents too) had to ride Smallworld 6 times!!! Each time she sang the song with glee while we were ready to tear our hair out—but she had great tales to tell to her preschool after we came home! The next trip—we only rode it 4 times! :laugh:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1108705]We never forced anyone to ride anything at WDW or US. Shoot there still are a lot of things we won’t go into or ride and we are all adults now.

When my daughter was young, we let her decide what we were to see and do—we were there for her not us. Our first visit with her when she was 3, we all (grandparents too) had to ride Smallworld 6 times!!! Each time she sang the song with glee while we were ready to tear our hair out—but she had great tales to tell to her preschool after we came home! The next trip—we only rode it 4 times! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I would never force them to do anything. We will see what they want to do when the time comes, there are lots of other things to do.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1108705]We never forced anyone to ride anything at WDW or US. Shoot there still are a lot of things we won’t go into or ride and we are all adults now.

When my daughter was young, we let her decide what we were to see and do—we were there for her not us. Our first visit with her when she was 3, we all (grandparents too) had to ride Smallworld 6 times!!! Each time she sang the song with glee while we were ready to tear our hair out—but she had great tales to tell to her preschool after we came home! The next trip—we only rode it 4 times! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Nope, kids don’t pick the agenda. I’m paying for the trip. I’m setting the agenda. Having said that, I’ve always set the agenda with the kids in mind. My kids might want to ride IASW 6 times, but I know that once I get their whiny butts off it, they’ll be enthralled with the next thing.

Our Disney discussion last night was about how we are not going to be held hostage by attitudes. I directed this towards the older two. “If you want to whine and cop an attitude because we’re doing something you’re brother wants to do, then next ride, you can sit out with me, and I’ll make sure it was one you wanted to ride.”