Rising prices

We noticed at several restaurants that the prices had gone up and many of the former snack options will no longer be so as they are not under $4 any more.

Examples:

We went to Cosmic Rays for chili cheese fries, they are no longer a snack option.

At O’Hana the meal price went up by $2.
At Trail’s End, same thing.

I checked on All Ears before we went and they are not yet showing the new prices. Just wanted to let you know.

Did anyone else who went recently experience this?

[QUOTE=timkelmom;935909]We noticed at several restaurants that the prices had gone up and many of the former snack options will no longer be so as they are not under $4 any more.

Examples:

We went to Cosmic Rays for chili cheese fries, they are no longer a snack option.

At O’Hana the meal price went up by $2.
At Trail’s End, same thing.

I checked on All Ears before we went and they are not yet showing the new prices. Just wanted to let you know.

Did anyone else who went recently experience this?[/QUOTE]

We have noticed that as well and that even the snacks are no longer single serving snacks.
It was to be expected that they would stuff that loophole, wasn’t it?

I was always a big supporter of the DP. No more. They used to let you take any food item under $4. at the resort markets. Dw and I always got a half gallon of milk and used a snack option. they do not allow that anymore. No app, or gratuity. I do not see the deal anymore.

That’s really frustrating about the snack options. Disney is just making the DP less and less worthwhile. Basically it’s about the convenience now, not about the value. (And really, how convenient is it if you never know what you can use your credits for? :dry:)

[QUOTE=Dopey;935930]We have noticed that as well and that even the snacks are no longer single serving snacks.
It was to be expected that they would stuff that loophole, wasn’t it?[/QUOTE]

I guess so. It’s too bad though.

We have only used it when it has been offered for free. We have never paid for it because I agree that it is not as much of a deal as it used to be, more of a convenience really.

Yeah, now it is tough to get the same snacks you once did. You show up for something only to find out it is no longer offered on the DP.

I can’t imagine how frustrating that is for the CMs as well as the guests. I’m sure it makes for a lot of guest tantrums! :pinch:

It is a deal if you have the deluxe plan and your dinner bill is around 200.00 a night :wink: That is including drinks but still, the bills for food were never under 150.00 for the two of us :wink:

They have hardly any snacks anylonger that qualify.
The snacks have to be 1 piece, “something that can not be shared” as I was told and the packages show it. Everything in bags has a little note on it that says something like “fun to share” or something to that effect :pinch:

I got a lot of rice crispy treats and those special, pretty shortbread cookies and of course water.

The only time we ever used our snacks was for water and maybe ice cream…just to keep us cool. We hardly ever got actual food because most of the time we were still full from our last meal.

Our main snacks were the rice crispy treats too and gallons of water. I still would take the DDP as for us with such long lengths of stay it really is a good option especially last vacation when it was free.

[QUOTE=Dopey;935974]It is a deal if you have the deluxe plan and your dinner bill is around 200.00 a night :wink: That is including drinks but still, the bills for food were never under 150.00 for the two of us :wink:

They have hardly any snacks anylonger that qualify.
The snacks have to be 1 piece, “something that can not be shared” as I was told and the packages show it. Everything in bags has a little not on it that says something like “fun to share” or something to that effect :pinch:

I got a lot of rice crispy treats and those special, pretty shortbread cookies and of course water.[/QUOTE]

Ms. Stubbs and Wooten has an expensive palate.:mellow:
:laugh:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;936025]Ms. Stubbs and Wooten has an expensive palate.:mellow:
:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I do? :glare:

When we were at the parks (in January), a CM pointed out there was a new symbol next to or on items that were now on the dining plan. I can’t find the symbol, except on this pin, which is part of a new pin series.

But when you are looking at the menu boards, it is now next to the items that are covered under the plan.

This is what it looks like:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;936044]When we were at the parks (in January), a CM pointed out there was a new symbol next to or on items that were now on the dining plan. I can’t find the symbol, except on this pin, which is part of a new pin series.

But when you are looking at the menu boards, it is now next to the items that are covered under the plan.

This is what it looks like:
[/QUOTE]

I don’t think that is new. I have seen it many times over the years.

Did you ask a CM at Cosmic Rays, or was the symbol not there?

We were able to get Chili Cheese Fries as snacks at Pecos Bills…we got the Chili and the Cheese on the side and easily fed 4 of us with 2 snack credits. Nice quick lunch! :laugh:

We have never left with any credits left on our cards. We get really good use out of our snack credits. To me water is a waste of a snack credit when it is free at any quick-service.

I love getting treats to take home if I have credits left at the end. We eaten lunch on snack credits, although, it was not the healthiest of lunches. :blush:

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;936061]Did you ask a CM at Cosmic Rays, or was the symbol not there?

We were able to get Chili Cheese Fries as snacks at Pecos Bills…we got the Chili and the Cheese on the side and easily fed 4 of us with 2 snack credits. Nice quick lunch! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

The symbol was not there and we did ask the CM she said it is no longer a snack option. This was last week.

Gee I wonder if the smoothies at Aunt Gravity’s and the dole whips still count as snacks now…

Ya know, I meant to check on the Dole Whips and the line was always so long I could not get near the place (it was very hot).

I will be upset if you can no longer get Dole Whips.