Rising Ticket Prices

Just saw this on MouseSavers.com…thought I’d share:

[B]LATEST NEWS & HOT DEALS
AS OF 8/3/10[/B]

Confirmed: Walt Disney World and Disneyland ticket prices WILL go up on Thursday, August 5.

That was enough of a push to buy tickets for my DS and wife…can we say Christmas LOL We got them thru a link on mousesavers at undercover tourist …2 - 6 day hoppers $557

Direct from disney with mailing cost would have been 607. I think that’s a nice savings.

Under normal conditions, my APs expire in late October.
With the extra 3 months we were given last year. they now expire in late January. It is far too early for us to renew and honestly, money is getting tight, so we might not have $900 or so to renew in January. Might just have to delay and eat the extra cost for new APs when we do.
Meanwhile, nice move Disney!:glare:
Thanks for the 2 day warning!:fork_off:

Our DVC AP’s expire on 8/19. I guess we should renew tomorrow (Wed)? :confused:

I was not looking to do it so soon but if AP’s go up about $10 each, we would save $50.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1043016]Under normal conditions, my APs expire in late October.
With the extra 3 months we were given last year. they now expire in late January. It is far too early for us to renew and honestly, money is getting tight, so we might not have $900 or so to renew in January. Might just have to delay and eat the extra cost for new APs when we do.
Meanwhile, nice move Disney!:glare:
Thanks for the 2 day warning!:fork_off:[/QUOTE]

I’m growling to myself here, too. Ours expire in November, but I’m in the same boat as you, Soundgod. Another extra 3 months for free promo would be nice right about now.

OK, my wife has called the DVC three times today and got a different answer three times on what a DVC annual pass renewal price would be. She even asked the last CM what the price was tomorrow vs. today and the person only said that she could tell her what the price was as of August 5th (tomorrow).

These people are driving me nuts. Does anyone know what an DVC annual pass cost this past year?

Yea! I can answer this one.

We bought DVC APs on 7/22/10 and the price was 414.29 including tax. We paid 1,242.87 for three adult passes–that price includes $75.87 in FL tax.

Thats why I bought ours today to try and beat the 5th of August price rise.

I am on phone with DVC right now. Apparently the adult renewal rises $10 tomorrow so we are forking over the cash. They also are offering 15 months instead of 12 through the end of the month.

I am told that all I have to do is go to Will Call with the confirmation number and we will then have annual passes through 11/19/11!!! :cool::cool::cool:

[QUOTE=skwak;1043164]I am on phone with DVC right now. Apparently the adult renewal rises $10 tomorrow so we are forking over the cash. They also are offering 15 months instead of 12 through the end of the month.

I am told that all I have to do is go to Will Call with the confirmation number and we will then have annual passes through 11/19/11!!! :cool::cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

Are you renewing APs to get the 15 months?

Well honestly, to beat the price increase we renewed today. We could have waited two weeks and still got the 15 months (expires 8/31, I am told).

All of this just makes us go more and more. It is a crazy cycle.

[QUOTE=skwak;1043168]Well honestly, to beat the price increase we renewed today. We could have waited two weeks and still got the 15 months (expires 8/31, I am told).

All of this just makes us go more and more. It is a crazy cycle.[/QUOTE]

It is a crazy cycle.

I wish the 15 months applied to new APs as well as renewals. I think we’ll still get two more trips out of our APs but the extra time would have been nice. Now we just have to decide if we’re going to renew or not next year. I’m thinking we’ll let them expire and buy new ones the following year and get two trips out of those.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1043169]It is a crazy cycle.

I wish the 15 months applied to new APs as well as renewals. I think we’ll still get two more trips out of our APs but the extra time would have been nice. Now we just have to decide if we’re going to renew or not next year. I’m thinking we’ll let them expire and buy new ones the following year and get two trips out of those.[/QUOTE]

We have gone both ways (expire or renew) on these. I will say that if we have them, we find a way for an extra trip and that is just fine with me!

That’s the problem, to save a little on the renewal we’ll spend thousands on an extra trip!:whistling

I see no problem!! :biggrin:

:laugh: It’s a good problem!

I’m glad we’re going to get one more trip out of our APs.

When will it stop? I guess they need to pay for the FantasyLand expansion somehow.

Here is a link that shows the increases:

Disney Ticket Prices Increase – By the Numbers | Chip and Co.

I think ticket prices go up about this time every year.