Roaring Fork Breakfast?

We are staying at WLV & thought about going here for breakfast on a morning we aren’t planned to be anywhere early (we typically eat a quick breakfast in the room). Reviews?

Another option would be to go to another spot for breakfast that morning (CS only please). Suggestions? The CS at Poly looks yummy (Tonga Toast).

We were just at the Lodge August 28 -Sept. 4. We had breakfast there several times. They have delicious specialty waffles there, One is strawberries and orange whipped cream, one has maple butter and toasted candied pecans and the other is a chocolate dream according to my 14 year old son!:biggrin:They have the traditional bounty platter and egg sandwiches. They also have oatmeal and different toppings besides pastries and yougurt. We enjoyed it and always found a seat as well.:tongue:

I was once skeptical about Disney food court omelets, but have decided that if Pop Century can do one right, so can the rest (or at least the should).
Same would hold for Mickey waffles considering they use a standard batter across the property. At least it’s the same batter as a base.

Of all the food courts, I would have to say that Roaring Fork is the best I have had. We had some late evening sandwiches there a couple years ago that were great, and I have had some early morning coffee and muffins there too. Not bad at all. I was nowhere near as happy with Contemporary or Grand Floridians version.

ok this may be a silly questions but…are all of the waffles Mickey shaped?

It was a silly question right up until I was left scratching my head to recall where there are those thick Mickey waffles and where there are standard Belgian waffles.
I think that all of the buffets feature Mickey waffles, the food courts could be a toss up and I’m guessing that the restaurants that serve waffles ala carte or as part of a plated breakfast serve Belgian waffles.

The key operative phrase above is " I THINK".
That means I am not 100% sure.

so the waffles at roaring fork are…?

:slight_smile:

I really liked the breakfast at Roaring FOrks when we ate there this past Spring Break.

[QUOTE=emamasa;1091079]so the waffles at roaring fork are…?

:)[/QUOTE]

…made from flour, eggs, milk, sugar, and some other ingredients:angel:

OR:

[QUOTE=emamasa;1091079]so the waffles at roaring fork are…?

:)[/QUOTE]

…nonexistent because they only have pancakes on the menu according to All Ears:tongue:

Roaring Fork - Fast Food - Wilderness Lodge

This was why I thought there were waffles there. Hmmm…Guess I’ll just have to try it out in 50 days!

:wink:

[QUOTE=emamasa;1091146]This was why I thought there were waffles there. Hmmm…Guess I’ll just have to try it out in 50 days!

:wink:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read that post too.
It is equally possible that they are now offering waffles but All Ears hasn’t gotten an updated menu.

I guess you’ll just have to go with the flow whatever they’re offering when you’re actually in line.
I’d like to think you’ll be a happy camper after you eat.

Yes, they really do have waffles there, no they are not Mickey shaped. (at least the adults are not)They are all mini waffles 3 to a serving for the specialty ones not sure about the plain ones. Oh BTW I forgot they also have bananas foster as well. They also come with bacon.

mmm, bananas foster…mmmmm…

They are indeed Mickey shaped. And yummy!! :slight_smile:

Bananas Foster with bacon?
Doesn’t sound Kosher to me:whistling

You know Bananas Foster with bacon is about a step removed from the Denny’s bacon milkshake.:ohmy:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1091298]Bananas Foster with bacon?
Doesn’t sound Kosher to me:whistling

You know Bananas Foster with bacon is about a step removed from the Denny’s bacon milkshake.:ohmy:[/QUOTE]

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Of course I meant that the waffles are served with a side of bacon!

denny’s has a bacon milkshake. eww. though we have this amazing marshmallow company here that makes a bacon marshmallow I’ve heard.

That’s different.
Never mind.

Denny’s offers new bacon sundae - The Business Journal

Denny’s offers new bacon sundae

Everything tastes better with bacon. Even ice cream, according to Denny’s.

Denny’s, which has several Triad locations including restaurants in Greensboro, Kernersville and Thomasville, is now offering its Maple Bacon Sundae, a concoction of “maple flavored” syrup, vanilla ice cream and, of course, bacon.

The roughly $3.00 treat is part of the company’s “Baconalia” menu, which also includes bacon flapjacks and bacon meatloaf. Check out the bacon menu here.

So what’s next Denny’s? A bacon milkshake?

I was sure I heard ads for a bacon milkshake as well.

:blow::blow::blow: