Rollaway bed?

Is it there any type of roll away beds that you can get for the POR (standard)rooms?
Thanks~

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1026320]Is it there any type of roll away beds that you can get for the POR (standard)rooms?
Thanks~[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe there are roll away beds. they will charge you 15.00 per night for it.

Truddle beds are available in the Aligator section I believe. It’s going to be crammed and the beds are smallish and meant for a child.

I think the roll away beds are standard in the Alligator Bayou section as Dana said as every room we’ve had there have always had a roll away tucked under one of the beds.

Last time I ordered one it rolled away…

ROLLED AWAY - get it? hahahahahahahaha
(all this rain and I still got it)

A roll away bed is different than a trundle which POR provides in the bayou part of the resort, Dixie.
A roll away is a fairly good size bed that folds up and has casters.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1026428]A roll away bed is different than a trundle which POR provides in the bayou part of the resort, Dixie.
A roll away is a fairly good size bed that folds up and has casters.[/QUOTE]

oh ok, thanks for that Iris:heart:no I haven’t ever seen those in POR rooms, I must mean the trundle:blush:

Thanks for the info everyone.
My nephews just realized they had to share a bed and are totally annoyed so, I figured they could pay the $15.00 for a trundle and every one would be happy again :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1026440]Thanks for the info everyone.
My nephews just realized they had to share a bed and are totally annoyed so, I figured they could pay the $15.00 for a trundle and every one would be happy again :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Trundle is free and tiny and on the floor
Rollaway is up like a normal bed, it’s just movable :blush::closedeye:cool::pirate::laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1026442]Trundle is free and tiny and on the floor
Rollaway is up like a normal bed, it’s just movable :blush::closedeye:cool::pirate::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Got it! thanks.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1026442]Trundle is free and tiny and on the floor
Rollaway is up like a normal bed, it’s just movable :blush::closedeye:cool::pirate::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Do any other resorts offer a rollaway bed for five people in a room? I know POR allows 5 with a trundle, but I’m looking for some alternative resorts.

Everywhere I have looked, they offer a “rollaway” bed for around $ 15.00 and in the more upscale resorts I think they charge around $25. per night.
you know, sometimes people don’t want to or can’t share a bed, that’s where the rollaway comes in. I definitely know that they used to offer it but I cannot tell you where I saw that. It is entirely possible that I read that on some literature from Disney

Being a family of 5, last year when I called to book a room I was told by a CM that only POR and the Deluxes could accomodate 5 due to fire codes and that no other Mod or any of the Values would with the exception of a suite at ASMu. For the life of me I could not understand this since if you are a family of 5 with a child under 2, you were allowed to stay. :huh: 5 is 5!?! Also, if you only had 4 but put a rollaway in that still consumes the space.
Anyone care to take a stab at this with another reason other than $$$.:blink:

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1026482]Being a family of 5, last year when I called to book a room I was told by a CM that only POR and the Deluxes could accomodate 5 due to fire codes and that no other Mod or any of the Values would with the exception of a suite at ASMu. For the life of me I could not understand this since if you are a family of 5 with a child under 2, you were allowed to stay. :huh: 5 is 5!?! Also, if you only had 4 but put a rollaway in that still consumes the space.
Anyone care to take a stab at this with another reason other than $$$.:blink:[/QUOTE]

That’s the answer you get from someone who has no clue and is making these things up on the spot.

:laugh::laugh:hey I like that one, esp since it’s so plausible.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1026482]Being a family of 5, last year when I called to book a room I was told by a CM that only POR and the Deluxes could accomodate 5 due to fire codes and that no other Mod or any of the Values would with the exception of a suite at ASMu. For the life of me I could not understand this since if you are a family of 5 with a child under 2, you were allowed to stay. :huh: 5 is 5!?! Also, if you only had 4 but put a rollaway in that still consumes the space.
Anyone care to take a stab at this with another reason other than $$$.:blink:[/QUOTE]

That was my understanding as well. You can have a rollaway, but still max 4 people (not including babies) unless you go to POR or Poly or a Suite. I know there are firecodes regulating hotels, but being a family of five I wish Disney had more options available.
We have looked into buying into DVC recently and this is one major component that keeps us away from it. It costs us a lot more points than if we were a family of four because most resorts require us to book two rooms.

Another unanswered question is if you have 4 in a room that consist of 2 adults/2 kids + a rollaway you’re only paying extra for the rollaway. But take the same senerio and one of the “kids” is a 19 yr college student instead of a 16 yr old high school student then not only are you paying for the rollaway but for the addtl “adult” as well. What gives??? 4 people are 4 people whether the 4th one is 16 or 19, esp when both are still students.
And yes these extra charge amts are what we were told when we considered taking our nephew several years ago.
Another way of making more $$$ :pirate: