Roof of Haunted Mansion

Have heard from WDW CM’s that the stone turrets on top of the Haunted Mansion (HM) resemble chess pieces since the developer, Ken Anderson was a devout chess player.
I’ve heard that every piece is represented except the knight.

Just read in a book on HM from 2003 that the resemblance is just coincidental.
Anyone know or have any thoughts???

Thanks.

Frank

Thats very interesting Frank and something I shall look for when I next visit. However, it does make you wonder why the Knight wasn’t represented if this is correct?

Story I heard was that Ken Andreson’s fav was the knight and he portrayed himself as the knight…something like that.
Frank

it is these litle details that truly make disney one of a kind…i love hearing about stuff like this.

here is a great site about the haunted mansion - you can lose yourself in this site for hours…

Welcome, Foolish Mortals… to DoomBuggies - a Tribute to Disney’s Haunted Mansion > Free email, fan forums, multimedia and more…

Heard this tonite about the knight…
>>the punchline is… ‘because it’s always (k)night inside.’<<

Interesting!!!

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1060139]Heard this tonite about the knight…
>>the punchline is… ‘because it’s always (k)night inside.’<<

Interesting!!!

Frank[/QUOTE]

OOH ouch:laugh: but makes sense Frank!

[QUOTE=chris24;1060133]here is a great site about the haunted mansion - you can lose yourself in this site for hours…

Welcome, Foolish Mortals… to DoomBuggies - a Tribute to Disney’s Haunted Mansion > Free email, fan forums, multimedia and more…[/QUOTE]

That is a great site- I almost forgot I was on MB as I was reading loads of really cool stuff on there- thanks for that:heart:

i like learning about all the “tricks” the imagineers use to accomplish all the illusions that we see…really a very cool website…

here is one for the pirates of the caribbean:

Dead Men… TELL NO TALES!

[QUOTE=chris24;1060297]i like learning about all the “tricks” the imagineers use to accomplish all the illusions that we see…really a very cool website…

here is one for the pirates of the caribbean:

Dead Men… TELL NO TALES![/QUOTE]

Wow thanks again, more procrastinating for me:laugh: