Room charge: different limits/cards now allowed

GOOD NEWS!

It used to be that setting up different room charge accounts for different people within the same room, or setting up different limits for different people within the same room, was difficult to do. And at times, cast members didn’t know how to do it and even said it was impossible (when it wasn’t); front desk cast members weren’t properly trained in what was called a “share” procedure, and getting it done required help from a supervisor or someone in rooms control . Anyway, it was a big hassle.

However, since December, Disney has been phasing in a new system at the front desk. One of the cool changes is that the new system allows a separate room charge limit to be set for each Key To The World card within a room, and allows for easily assigning a separate room charge account for each KTTW card (if that is desired).

Reportedly, the front desk staff have been well-trained in these new procedures, and can easily make such arrangements upon request.

That’s great news if the CMs actually do know how to do it.

I love that idea. Never liked the kids having such a large limit on their cards. Although we trust they wouldn’t abuse it, my worries were more of lost cards.

This is great news. I was never worried about DS abusing either, but rather loss of the card as well.

This is pretty cool! We were able to block our daughter from spending but it would have been nice to give her a small limit. I like this idea.

love it!

My DD age 8 “accidently” purchased an arcade card for $25 during our past trip. :ohmy:

This is great news for when you are staying in DVC Villas with more than one family!

Great idea, I was never happy with the amount on DD’s card. It wasn’t so much the limit it was the fact she can be so careless with stuff- Nice to know a lower, safer limit can be set.

Can you use a debit card when you check in to activate room charge, or is it just credit cards?? And along those lines, do they block an amount on your card, and how much??? Can’t remember 4 years ago what we did…

cloverboy

[QUOTE=cloverboy9;1067177]Can you use a debit card when you check in to activate room charge, or is it just credit cards?? And along those lines, do they block an amount on your card, and how much??? Can’t remember 4 years ago what we did…

cloverboy[/QUOTE]Room charge can be set up not only with a credit card, but also with a VISA/MasterCard branded debit card, travelers checks, cash, Disney Dollars or Disney gift cards.

If you do use a credit card or debit card, they DON’T pre-charge your account, they DON’T place any hold on it, nothing like that at all. They run the card for a charge like one cent or one dollar just to make sure it’s a real card on a genuine account, but they don’t even check to see if you have enough available credit or available balance.

The limit on your room charge is set by you level of resort: $500 for Value resorts, $1,000 for Moderates and $1,500 for Deluxes. You can also request lower if you want.

The amount you charge on your room charge doesn’t get charged to your credit/debit card until you reach your room charge limit OR it gets to be the early overnight hours of your check-out day, whichever comes first.

I’m glad this isn’t anything I need worry about.
When it’s just you and your spouse, you don’t really need to worry about segregating charges.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1067189]I’m glad this isn’t anything I need worry about.
When it’s just you and your spouse, you don’t really need to worry about segregating charges.[/QUOTE]

Accept when your spouse loses his room card at Typhoon Lagoon. . .twice. :blush:

That’s great news!
Now if I can get my DD credit card number…??

SHHHHhhhhhh DW doesn’t know charging on the room key was EVER possible.

We did this in December with our adult daughter and her BF. We have asked before and were told ‘no’ but we asked this time and were told ‘sure’. We were surprised but knew it would make things so much easier. Since it was just starting, I guess all CMs weren’t real familiar with the process. On check out, she checked her bill and …they had put all charges on her card! :laugh:
It was a simple matter to get it separated but she was sure in shock for a few minutes thinking she and BF had consumed that many adult beverages!! :redface::laugh: