Room charge headache

We just got back from a WDW trip with friends. We had a two bedroom and a studio at BCV, each room had two different families and needed two different credit cards on record and the charges separated. We were told at check in that it was no problem to separate the charges and it only took a few minutes to get each room set up. The reality was it ended up being a huge headache and took several hours of our vacation time to get things straightened out.

The studio ended up being only a small problem, one person couldn’t charge but the other keys worked and the charges went to the correct account. We left that room as is because we were afraid that trying to get the one person’s key to work would mess up the charges being separated.

My family and another family were in the two bedroom and we had to go down to the front desk three different times to fix issues and still had to have our charges separated by had and pay in person to be sure the right charges went to the right card. On our first full day we spent nearly two hours at the front desk with three different CMs and still didn’t get the problems fixed. The charges my family made were rolled to the wrong credit card two different times early in our trip long before we reached the $1500 credit limit.

We did get 2 bottles of wine and one fastpass for each person in our party for the time we spent at the front desk trying to fix our charging issues. The CMs were all very nice and worked hard to resolve the issues but in the end no one could solve our problem completely.

Whew! What a pain in the neck! However, I think the 2 bottles of wine might have made me feel a little better about spending so much time trying to sort the situation out. :blush: :laugh:

Oh I’m sorry to hear this Stephanie, what a nightmare- and really, is it so difficult to apply two different charges to two different rooms? I dont think so. It should have been quite straightforward- I know they kind of compensated you a little for the mess up, but I think I would still put it in writing to the appropriate department.

So some of your charges were posted on your card and some were posted on your friend’s card? That’s down right scary. I’d feel better if all the charges had gone on the wrong card, but to hit and miss, who knows what else could have happened?

Actually, I think all our charges went to one card. My card was charged once when the first CM started to sort things out for us in the middle of our first day. I think she needed to clear the charges and start over, once she did that all the charges went to one card and that card was charged a couple of times at random times. It was weird, we weren’t close to our $1500 limit yet the charges were rolled over and our account cleared.

You’re right, it should have been easy to do but there must be some issue in the computer program. I was talking to a friend who stayed at the BC a couple of months ago and she brought up their room charge issue w/o me mentioning it. They had the exact same problem and spent a similar amount of time trying to work it out

That really stinks, especially to waste precious park time!!! I have found that you always get two different answers with almost everything down there. I truely think that all CM’s throughout the entire WDW should be retrained and trained the exact same way. How difficult is it to correctly code a charge card to a room, really!?

The wine did help! The CM first asked if we had park tickets, of course we did at that point but I wonder what she would have offered had we said no. Seven of the eleven in our group had APs but a few one day passes would have been nice.

Apparently it’s pretty difficult because we visited the front desk three times and still couldn’t get it resolved. Each CM seemed to be willing to work on the issue and assured us it was fixed but it never was. We were even told that our charges would be separated by had each night or early each morning to be sure things we correct.

I am sure you have already drafted your letter to Disney to complain??? Can’t hurt since you are going again in July:blush:

What a pain! At least you got wine!:happy:

We learned the hard way to always check our bill at regular intervals through our holiday. One year we were shocked to find on the last day that we had been charged for a completely different room PLUS our room. Now dh goes down every few days and checks the charges. And he’s found errors more often than not.

As much as I love Disney there is no company more adept at passing the buck than they are. You have to be persistent and insistent.

I haven’t but our July trip has been on my mind since we’re sharing a two bedroom again. Until this afternoon I honestly haven’t been home for more than about 18 hours total since our plane landed Friday night.

[QUOTE=llama;1079940]What a pain! At least you got wine!:happy:

We learned the hard way to always check our bill at regular intervals through our holiday. One year we were shocked to find on the last day that we had been charged for a completely different room PLUS our room. Now dh goes down every few days and checks the charges. And he’s found errors more often than not.

As much as I love Disney there is no company more adept at passing the buck than they are. You have to be persistent and insistent.[/QUOTE]

That is really scary. I look over our charges but not regularly during our trip. I usually wait until the day before we check out to get a copy of charges. I think I’m going to be checking things more often now.

At least now that everyone knows this can happen, we can tell them at check-in that we are concerned and ask them to take any steps to keep charges separate. So glad they did something nice and acknowledged the problem… we just checked out of a Marriott where our entire wedding party and family were staying, and they
sort of arbitrarily decided that our charges should go to my SIL and we should get all of her charges. It ended up being such a bother, we just paid the individual bills and I sent her a check for the difference. And we didn’t get a drop of wine! Boo Marriott!
Hope the rest of your trip was lovely!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1079946]At least now that everyone knows this can happen, we can tell them at check-in that we are concerned and ask them to take any steps to keep charges separate. So glad they did something nice and acknowledged the problem… we just checked out of a Marriott where our entire wedding party and family were staying, and they
sort of arbitrarily decided that our charges should go to my SIL and we should get all of her charges. It ended up being such a bother, we just paid the individual bills and I sent her a check for the difference. And we didn’t get a drop of wine! Boo Marriott!
Hope the rest of your trip was lovely![/QUOTE]

I guess it’s not just Disney.

Our trip was wonderful. We went with three families, eleven people total, and had a blast.