Room Key Question

Is the room key at DLR like the ones at WDW?

I am heading to DL in August for the D23 Expo and I have been purchasing gift cards each week with my groceries. So I was wondering, is it possible to have all of the cards I have accumulated added to my room key for purchases?

[QUOTE=bransworld;1079906]Is the room key at DLR like the ones at WDW?

I am heading to DL in August for the D23 Expo and I have been purchasing gift cards each week with my groceries. So I was wondering, is it possible to have all of the cards I have accumulated added to my room key for purchases?[/QUOTE]

Um, er, having never stayed on property at Disneyland, I haven’t a clue. I’ve done the cheap priceline gig to get the Hyatt for $50 a night…

Since this IS Disney, one would think such an arrangement is not only possible, but that they do it on a regular basis.

Hope someone knows an answer.

Yes, you can add charging previliges to your room keys at the DL resort and pay for those charges with gift cards, credit card, cash, etc. We have done this for stays at the VGC where we add a credit card to our keys but pay the balance (or as much as we can) with our Disney Rewards Card before the CC is charged. Similar to WDW, they charge your card once it reaches a certain limit or the last day of your stay.

Thanks! That works for me.