Room Request Fax

I wanna send a room request fax to the Poly.

This is what I wrote…Please give me your opinion before I send it.

Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Attn: Room Assigner
Date: Monday, September 20, 2010

Greetings from Chicagoland!
Our long anticipated Walt Disney World vacation is finally upon us and I wanted to see if you could possibly accommodate our room requests for our stay September 24, 2010 – October 2nd, 2010. We will be arriving at the resort late in the evening on the 24th (around 10:30pm) but I have completed early check-in.

We have a standard view reservation and we were hoping for a 1st floor room in the Rarotonga or Niue buildings. We are traveling with two other “reservations” and would love to be kept together. (Connecting rooms not necessary)

The reason for my request is that it seems as if these particular longhouses will be closest to the Great Ceremonial House and transportation. My mom has gifted this trip to my brother, myself and our families. She recently battled…and beat breast cancer and then was hit by a bus and broke her neck and damaged her back. While she was recovering from her injuries she would talk about how she wanted to take her family to Disney World after she got better. She has stated that during her grueling therapy this Disney World vacation, with her kids and grandchildren, was her motivation! I am hoping to save her some steps at the resort, seeing as toward the end of her day she gets achy and tires easily.

I understand the possibility that it may not be possible to grant our request but I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my request.
Have a wonderful day!

Lisa Haney: Reservation #: 0FF0000
My Ma: 0FF0000
My Bro: 0FF0000

On the bottom of the page is a pic of Mickey saying thank you.

What a well-written request! And a trooper of a mom! :heart:

I would also call and have a CM place it right on your reservation. (This is what I did for my daughter - who LOVES Disney but is allergic to the sun)

Disney does a great job of making dreams come true. This fax (and a phone call) just helps them to plan before your arrival.

Have a great trip!

I think your fax sounds great!

But I agree with HappyCamper, and the week before leaving to go I would aslo call the Poly direct and tell them your story again and see what they can do for you.

No matter what time of year I go I always reconfirm my reservation and check on any requests I made. Anytime I have booked with Disney and made a request, I always seem to get what we asked for. So if your request is at all possible I’m sure the Disney Staff will do everything they can to make your Mom’s trip as easy as possible for her.

I hope your Mom and your family has an amazing Disney vacation, and she has a full recovery!

I think your letter sounds great but it’s really long. I would call CRO and have your request noted on your reservation, I’ve heard that gives you a better chance than a faxed request. I have read on another board that not all the room assigners even read faxed requests.

Lovely letter. God bless your Mom and your whole family. Kudos to her for fighting so hard! She deserves a break and I think this is the least Disney can do for you and your family.

Let us know if you get a response before you go and let us know how it went when you get back.

[QUOTE=DisneyOnMyMind;1048052]I think your fax sounds great!

But I agree with HappyCamper, and the week before leaving to go I would aslo call the Poly direct and tell them your story again and see what they can do for you.

No matter what time of year I go I always reconfirm my reservation and check on any requests I made. Anytime I have booked with Disney and made a request, I always seem to get what we asked for. So if your request is at all possible I’m sure the Disney Staff will do everything they can to make your Mom’s trip as easy as possible for her.

I hope your Mom and your family has an amazing Disney vacation, and she has a full recovery![/QUOTE]

When I call would I ask to speak to the room assigner?

Lisa

When I make my reservations, I usually make my request. Then I call the hotel direct about a week before I’ going to make sure the have my request in the computer. I usually just ask for the reservation desk and speak to whom ever answers the phone. I then make sure they have my request noted in the computer. A day or two before I go I call again and see if they can accommodate my request. This really depends on how badly I want whatever it was I was requesting.

Yeah, I have also read that the room assigners don’t look at the faxed requests. I would call and have the requests added that way. Good luck and see you at WDW!