Room requests

So this September we’re bumping up to Moderate :wub: & staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time. From my research I thought we would be more comfortable in the Magnolia Bend section… My wonderful AAA travel agent called yesterday & made our request so does anyone have any feedback about Magnolia Bend or POR in general or any ways to increase your chances of getting the section you want??:confused:

Having it noted on your reservation and then requesting it again at check is all you can do. WDW does try their best to honor all requests. Since your request is simply a secion and not to specific, it will be easier for them to grant it.

Having four or fewer people in the room will also help since all the rooms with the extra trundle bed are in the other section.

Another thing that helps is getting to the resort as early as possible on check-in day and re-stating your request…that whole “earlybird…worm” thing can work in these cases. I know this from my job, as I am a hotel/motel reservationist (non-Disney version…:frown:)

When DW and DS went in December she spoke with a cast member who sugested calling 3 days in advance, directly to the resort. She was told the resort figures their room assignments then. She did and got the room she wanted. First floor next to the quiet pool facing the lake.

That may squeeze us out then, since we have 5 total:eek:

YOU DO NOT want to use the TRUNDLE bed!! It’s HORRIBLE!! We stayed at POR this weekend, and I was so so so disappointed. :frown: The resorts grounds are stunning, the pools are beautiful but the ROOMS??? They are in dire needs of a refurb. :blow:

We pulled out the trundle, and the sheet on it had about 3" of dust, the bathrooms were run down and OLD, OLD, OLD, mold and chips on the tub. I was dusting and cleaning before we unpacked.

IF you MUST go to this resort, and want a trundle room, see if they have any newly refurbed rooms. OR maybe go back to the values and get two connecting rooms. (honestly POP! is newly refurbed and nicer then POR)

Also, my DD is 6 and weighs 48lbs and the trundle was ALMOST too small for her. IMHO opinion you may want to rethink your resort pick.

CSR is newly refurbed with Queen beds, and it’s right by MK. POR is far out there, since it’s near the DTD area.

This is the 3rd time I’ve stayed at POR, and the 3rd time I’ve been very disappointed - (and I never have anything negative to say about Disney :heart:) I’ve been in Magnolia Bend and the Alligator Bayou side.

I will not be going back to this resort anytime soon. (Sorry, just had to let you know - I wouldn’t want you disappointed too) :frown:

Magnolia bend is by far our favorite section of the resort although that being said Alligator Bayou is still lovely. Arcadian building beautiful. I would just say re-request it when you get there and if you are not happy with what you get, just tell them and ask again…we have always found the CM’s very helpful and as accomodating as they can be.

P.s POR is a LOVELY resort- good choice!!! xx

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1036353]Magnolia bend is by far our favorite section of the resort although that being said Alligator Bayou is still lovely. Arcadian building beautiful. I would just say re-request it when you get there and if you are not happy with what you get, just tell them and ask again…we have always found the CM’s very helpful and as accomodating as they can be.

P.s POR is a LOVELY resort- good choice!!! xx[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Ariel, both those sections are our favourites too. We have always had our rooms assigned on check in, and it is then we ask for Alligator Bayou or Magnolia Bend.

However, I do have to also agree with Mickeyzgirlz too. Some, or most of the rooms are desperately in need of a refurb and we found Housekeeping left alot to be desired too. I spent alot of time re-cleaning the room up to our standards. But…we always stay at POR again and again because of nostalgia, our DD has practically grown up there and we consider it our ‘home’ resort. So do bear in mind these positives and negatives.
And if you do stay at POR and things are not up to scratch or unacceptable, complain! Things dont get changed unless they are brought to the ‘powers that be’ attention. After all, no Disney vacation is cheap and we do expect some sort of standards for what we are paying.

Thanks for the tips guys! I will certainly keep all of it in mind ~ we’re excited to try a new resort so I don’t think we’ll change our reservation, but I’m fairly outspoken & have no problem bringing a problem to someone’s attention, especially when I’m paying sooo much for it!! :biggrin:Keeping my fingers crossed!!

We always stayed wherever Disney put us until we traveled with my sis-in-law and her kids. I requested adjoining rooms (ASM). They said they would try. When we got there we had adjoining rooms.