Room Service

My mother in law is going to be joining us on our Thanksgiving trip and is wondering if any of the resorts offer room service, other than pizza. Thanks!

Any deluxe category rooms should! I can only speak first had for AKL and I know they do! You’ll pay for it though $$$!

We stayed at WL and they have room service.

Polynesian’s in room menu

Breakfast
Served daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Tonga Toast - Our famous thick French toast stuffed with ripe Bananas and rolled in Cinnamon Sugar, served with your choice of Ham, Sausage or Bacon $14.99

Blueberry Pancakes - Three Pancakes served with your choice of Ham, Sausage or Bacon. Pancakes $13.99

Steak & Eggs - Grilled 5 ounce strip steak with 2 eggs cooked your way, potatoes and biscuits $17.99

“Da’Kine Omelet” - Three egg omelet with Mushrooms, onions, ham, cheddar, American or Swiss cheese with potatoes and biscuit $13.99

Aloha Eggs - Two Eggs any style served with Potatoes, biscuit and your choice of Bacon, Ham, or Sausage $12.99

Continental Breakfast - a basket of Breakfast Pastries, Juice and choice of Coffee or Hot Tea $11.99

Fruit Plate - fresh seasonal fruit served in a fresh pineapple with banana-nut bread $11.99

Egg Beaters are available upon request.

Cereals
Raisin Bran, Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Fruit Loops or Corn Flakes - served with milk $4.49
Add Bananas, strawberries or blueberries $1.59 each

On The Side
Ham - $3.99
Seasonal Fruit Bowl - $5.99
Potatoes - $4.99
Danish $3.99
Bagel and Cream Cheese $4.99
English Muffin or Toast $2.99
Blueberry or Bran Muffin $3.99

Keiki’s Korner
Children 9 and Under Served 7-11:30
All served with choice of 1% milk, bottled water, or juice

All Items $6.49

Mickey Cake - Mickey’s favorite Pancake served with choice of Bacon or Sausage

Minnie French Toast - topped with cinnamon sugar served with choice of bacon or sausage

Donald’s Choice - Scrambled Eggs served with Bacon or Sausage

Fruit Plate

Beverages
Soft Drinks (12 ounce can) $2.99
Iced Tea or Lemonade $2.99
Pot of regular or decaf coffee (for two) $6.99
Pot of Tea $6.99
1% Milk, Chocolate Milk $2.99
Hot Chocolate $2.99
Juice - Orange, Tomato, Apple or Grapefruit $2.99
Evian 750 ml $7.99 (for two); Perrier 750ml (for two) $7.99

Lunch Menu
Served from 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Appetizers
Kona Salad - Mixed Greens, Maytag Blue Cheese, Fruit, Red Onions, and Smoked Almonds with a citrus vinaigrette $5.99

Lump Crab Cakes - with Asian tartar sauce and pineapple relish $12.99

Potstickers - Wok-seared duck dumplings with a creamy ginger soy sauce $11.99

Shrimp and Curry Coconut Soup $8.49

Sticky Wings - glazed honey ginger chicken wings with a tangy mustard drizzle and toasted sesame seeds $11.99

Entrees
Stir Fried Asian Noodles - with sliced chicken, pineapple, seasonal vegetables and a house-made Polynesian sweet and sour sauce (can be made vegetarian) $19.49

Beef Teriyaki Salad - grilled beef, mixed greens, vegetables and noodles tossed with Asian vinaigrette $20.49

Angus Chuck Kahuna Burger - Char-grilled with bacon and your choice of cheddar, Swiss or American cheese $15.49

Kona Turkey Club Sandwich - served with Asian vegetable slaw and house-made chips $14.49

Island Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast with bacon, Swiss cheese, curry-mango mayonnaise, and fried onions on a Kaiser roll served with Asian Vegetable Slaw or House-made chips $16.99

Sustainable Fish - with tostones, vegetable salad, and macadamia nut beurre blanc sauce $26.49

Desserts
White Chocolate Cheesecake $6.99
Chocolate-Chocolate Cake $7.49
Pineapple Upside Down Cake with lemongrass and caramel sauce $7.49
Ice Cream $9.99 pint (serves two)
Seasonal Fruit Bowl $5.99

Dinner Entrees
Available 4:30 - 10 p.m.

Appetizers

Kona Salad - Mixed Greens, Maytag Blue Cheese, Fruit, Red Onions, and Smoked Almonds with a citrus vinaigrette $5.99

Lump Crab Cakes - with Asian tartar sauce and pineapple relish $12.49

Potstickers - Wok-seared duck dumplings with a creamy ginger soy sauce $11.99

Sticky Wings - glazed honey ginger chicken wings with a tangy mustard drizzle and toasted sesame seeds $11.99

Entrees
Coconut Almond Chicken Breast - sauteed chicken breast served with Asian greens tossed with honey lime dressing, golden pineapple, strawberries and toasted almonds $21.99

Ginger-crusted Rib Eye - with Tamarind jus, mashed yukon gold potatoes, and stir-fried broccolini $34.99

Teriyaki-style NY strip - grilled pineapple teriyaki glaze with sticky rice and stir fried broccolini $34.99

Pomegranate Barbeque Pork Loin Chop - served on pan-roasted fingerling potatoes and applewood bacon braised with Swiss chard $27.99

Pan-Asian Noodles -Asian egg noodles with sliced chicken, pineapple, seasonal vegetables and a house-made polynesian sweet and sour sauce $21.99

Sustainable Fish - with tostones, vegetable salad, and macadamia nut beurre blanc sauce $26.49

Kona Turkey Club Sandwich - Asian vegetable slaw and house-made chips $14.49

Beer, Wine and Cocktails also available

Desserts

Keiki’s Korner
Children 9 and under
11:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Meals served with chicken noodle soup, a garden salad and choice of
1% milk, bottled water or juice

All Items $9.49

Grillled Fish of the Day - with whole grain pilaf
Grilled Chicken Strips - served with pasta and topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella
All Beef Hot Dog
Hamburger
Mickey Ravioli
Fruit Plate

French Fries and assorted Coca-Cola soft drinks available upon request.

Pizza Delivery
4pm - Midnight

Traditional Cheese Pizza $17.99; Additional Toppings each $2.00: Onions, Green Peppers, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Pineapple, ham, sausage or pepperoni.

Hawaiian Pizza - cheese, pineapple, ham $21.99

The Works - $29.99

Soft Drinks (12 ounce can) - Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Caffeine Free Coke or Ginger Ale $2.99

Domestic Beer $4.50: Bud, Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite
Import Beer $5.75: Heineken, Corona, or Amstel Light
Premium Imported Beer $6.75: Bass Ale or Stella Artois

Late Night Menu
10 p.m. - Midnight

Chicken Noodle Soup $7.99

Beef Teriyaki Salad - grilled beef, mixed greens, vegetables and noodles tossed with Asian vinaigrette $20.49

Angus Chuck Kahuna Burger - Char-grilled with bacon and your choice of cheddar, Swiss or American cheese $15.49

Kona Turkey Club Sandwich - Asian vegetable slaw and house-made chips $14.49

Desserts

Assorted Snacks

Potato Chips, BBQ Potato Chips, Pretzels or Nacho Tortilla Chips $3.39 each

Snickers, Nestle Crunch, Skittle, M&Ms, or Peanut M&Ms $2.29 each

Crisped Rice Treat $4.19

Apple Sauce or Gelatin $2.29

Whole Fruit - Banana, Apple, or Orange $1.99

All of the deluxe resorts offer room service, as noted. Coronado Springs also has real room service.
One thing to keep in mind is that kitchens close down between 10:30 and 11 PM and the menus shift to sandwiches and lighter fare that doesn’t need to be cooked from scratch.
So, from 11 PM until breakfast at around 6 AM, your choices will be really limited. But it is still there and it isn’t cardboard pizza.

Looks like I need to mention that it looks like there is no longer 24 hour room service and it shuts down around midnight I guess. Also, it looks like room service breakfast is not served until 7 AM.

Thanks! She is really interested in room service breakfast. I will definitely use this info when booking our resort.

The Yacht Club has the best cheese burgers on their room service menu.

I bet you that the Beach Club’s burgers are their equal :wink:

Take me on your trip,and I’ll happily go out and bring back any kind of food your mom wants. Tip included!

From personal experience I can confirm this. Both are fantastic. Back when I didn’t have to watch my calorie intake there was nothing like a room service burger after a hard evening at the parks!

Ah those were the days! ! !

-Harry

My Mom in law would LOVE that Cavey! :laugh: I think we have decided to use her grandchildren as her room service delivery folks and opt for a moderate resort. Especially since it looks like my FIL is going to pay for us all to leave town and leave him home for a week. :heart: We will pocket the extra for spending money!

LOL, I sent my DW and DD2 to Mexico one year for just that reason, of course I explained it to them as a girls bonding trip…

-H

Darn! I wish my family would send me away!

No, no you have to take the kids with you! The whole point is hubby alone time. Of course mine usually comes with a pretty big Honey Do List!

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1110975]From personal experience I can confirm this. Both are fantastic. Back when I didn’t have to watch my calorie intake there was nothing like a room service burger after a hard evening at the parks!

Ah those were the days! ! !

-Harry[/QUOTE]

And of course, in those days, they still had hot food 24 hours from room service, so that helped. Right Harry?

Well, the real reason is that Yacht and Beach share their room service kitchen:cool:
Kind of hard for one to be better than the other when you think about it.

Tangential question, which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold.

Go!

Tick tick tick tick tick tick:laugh:

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1111001]No, no you have to take the kids with you!
-H[/QUOTE]
Oh Drat:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1111002]

Tangential question, which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold.

Go!

Tick tick tick tick tick tick:laugh:[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know…1lb. feathers = 1lb. gold

Now here is one for you SG. Why is one pound on my plate equal to 5lbs on my hips? Can you explain this oh wise, Soundgod?:laugh:

[QUOTE=simplytall;1111005]

Oh, I know…1lb. feathers = 1lb. gold

Now here is one for you SG. Why is one pound on my plate equal to 5lbs on my hips? Can you explain this oh wise, Soundgod?:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Wah waa wah wah waaaaahhhhhh!!!
The Price is Right losing horn - YouTube

Sorry, a pound of feathers weighs more than a pound of gold.
Gold is weighed by the Troy ounce, which is smaller than an ounce.
A pound of gold weighs around 12 ounces.

The answer to your question is that the female human is genetically predisposed to automatically reposition every last extra calorie on her hips for maximum effect.
This is unlike the male which has a predisposition to the development of moobies and Dunlop’s Disease.
Dunlop’s is usually harmless, though unsightly as it causes one’s belly to have “done lapped over” one’s belt.

Dagnabit. Today is not my day. My hat’s off to you, SG.