Rooms booked for BIG Family Trip

Phew!

After months of debates and emails and pro and con lists, the rooms for our April 2011 Family Extravaganza are booked! Or at least the DVC part of the trip.

I just booked two 2 Bedrooms and a Studio at Kidani Village for 4/16 through 4/20 next year.

Excuse me while I go hyperventilate over how much we will have to pay for airfare out of Boston during school vacation week. :ohmy:

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1035127]Phew!

After months of debates and emails and pro and con lists, the rooms for our April 2011 Family Extravaganza are booked! Or at least the DVC part of the trip.

I just booked two 2 Bedrooms and a Studio at Kidani Village for 4/16 through 4/20 next year.

Excuse me while I go hyperventilate over how much we will have to pay for airfare out of Boston during school vacation week. :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

Is it not overwhelming or what :eek:! We priced it out (of Providence, RI) one vacation, it was over $1500.00 for the THREE of us! I just couldn’t justify it.
I know you live in the Boston area, but sometimes RI is cheaper.

Ok, lay it on us, how much??

I agree about the RI thing…sometimes it’s just much cheaper to take a drive down there and fly out though not all the time. It’s ridiculous how much airfare can cost depending on certain weeks. :pinch:

I wish I could tell you for sure! Right now only Delta is booking that far out and nonstop is coming up over $1000 PER PERSON. Clearly, we will not be doing that. With a stop it comes down to just over $400 per person which is still insane.

I am hoping to be able to book a group rate through JetBlue but they aren’t booking for those dates yet. We are also considering driving to Manchester or Providence and flying from there if it is a lot cheaper.

Glad you decided on a place. Kidani sounds great!

At least you have a while to watch for cheaper flights. I agree that Providence is often cheaper.

Ahhh!!! We stayed in a 2 room at Kidani in December and absolutely loved it. I hope you have an awesome time.

Could you book a quick business connector hop to Newark, Kennedy or Laguardia seperately and then a direct to Orlando?

We just went in April not Easter or spring break weeks and the Providence and Boston flights were just not possible. Southwest wanted $3200 and Jetblue from Boston was $4000 for 4 of us !!! Criminal if you ask me. I did a park stay fly out of Newark for $1300 all included. Well worth a 3 - 4 hour drive for me. Now we have a big family trip planned for school vacation and it is Easter week too! Same week as Karen . I know airfare will triple that week. Newark may be the way to go.

Thanks for the advice on Newark/NY. One of our family members actually mentioned that and we thought he was crazy, but the higher the airfares are, the more I think he might be on to something.

I understand the airlines have to make a profit but I do find it really terrible that they mark up the fares SO MUCH during school vacation week because they know people are traveling.

I am even more nervous this year because I have been pricing airfare to MCO for October which is typically not pricey from here and it is running $50 to $100 more RT than I would normally pay. Ugh.