Rough afternoon in MK

Killing time waiting for a client to arrive and I hit the WDW icon to see what was up in the world. Not a good day to be hitting the rides as of 3:50pm Friday:

Astro Orbitor- down
Dumbo- down
Jungle Cruise- down
Barnstormer- down
Magic Carpets- down
Tom Sawyer Island- down
Liberty Square Riverboat- down

As long as the Dole Whips are working and the Bier Garden is open I’m still ok.

Would not want to be there with small children right now!

-harry

Good sized cell over MK right now. This would be a point where we would be in Pirates until the rain stopped and then head straight for BTMRR.

Better head right over to IASW. :whistling <cue evil laughter>

We spent a good deal of time in the castle walk thru one rain storm. It got really crowded in there. Someone recently told me that now, in many places at WDW they will not let you stay out of the rain because you are blocking others—safety issue I guess. I can understand that…

I know last summer we came out of Haunted Mansion and it was raining and we walked as far as we could under cover trying to put our ponchos on—the CM was insisting we move on move on…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1135325]We spent a good deal of time in the castle walk thru one rain storm. It got really crowded in there. Someone recently told me that now, in many places at WDW they will not let you stay out of the rain because you are blocking others—safety issue I guess. I can understand that…

I know last summer we came out of Haunted Mansion and it was raining and we walked as far as we could under cover trying to put our ponchos on—the CM was insisting we move on move on…[/QUOTE]

We were in the Haunted Mansion when a storm blew up. Once we got off the ride, they showed us through a door and right back into a doom buggy. We went around about 4 times. That was fun.

Wow…they didn’t do that for us…:crying:

I bet that was fun…

Oh Janice, that would be a dream come true for me, lol That is still one of my 5 all time favorite aatractions, ever, anywhere!

-Harry

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1135329]Oh Janice, that would be a dream come true for me, lol That is still one of my 5 all time favorite aatractions, ever, anywhere!

-Harry[/QUOTE]

The originals just can’t be beat.

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1135329]Oh Janice, that would be a dream come true for me, lol That is still one of my 5 all time favorite aatractions, ever, anywhere!

-Harry[/QUOTE]

Yep…HM and Pirates…I remember watching them from DL on Wonderful World of Disney wayyyyyyy back when…I dreamed I would go see those dancing ghosts…but my DM said we didn’t have the money to go to CA…didn’t get to see them until about 20 years later at WDW…I would implode if they ever take those out…

When our yongest was about two they left us stay on the great movie ride thru a storm. We rode it four or five
times.

Yeah, yesterdays storm was a MESS…but only for about 30 minutes lol

-Harry[/QUOTE]

Me too - after all these years I still love it and try to find something “new”’ everytime I ride. We were so surprised when they asked us if we just wanted to keep riding till the storm passed. Just one of those nice WDW memories!

Just a friendly note, the little mermaid queue is NOT mostly indoors and is NOT a good place to escape the rain. the good new is as soon as we got to the indoor part it stopped raining :slight_smile:

On May 25, 2009 (yes, I remember the exact day because it was a day trip to meet up with old friends) we were in Epcot watching the Beatles clones around 5:30 when the skies opened up. Well, I was part of the throng holed up in the England bathrooms. We’re talking a serious downpour. And because this was before I had a smart phone, I had to call a friend at home to look at radar to tell me what I was dealing with. The rain did eventually slack after an hour or so, but it never stopped. The rain was so bad that there was standing water under Spaceship Earth.
Edit: OK, the water wasn’t standing, it was draining. Still, the drains were unable to keep up with all the water that was rushing downhill. The area in between SE and the Pin Trader kiosk also had water deep enough to submerge an adult foot.
I eventually got to my car and I was thrilled that I’d thought ahead and had dry shoes, socks, and shirt waiting for me. So, being it was so close to time for Illuminations, I waited in my car to see if that show and Wishes (both set for 9 that night) were going to happen. And they were both rained out. That’s heavy. I’ve seen both shows in light and light steady rain. But this downpour completely rained them out. I can only imagine Fantasmic didn’t happen either.

Find something new?
They added so much in the last update I’m still taking it all in. But I remain most impressed with the MC Escher staircases. I would love to have the ride stop in front of that area for about 10 minutes, just so I could take in all the details.

I…knock on wood have only gotten one major rainstorm down there. We were in AK it was awful lol

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1135349]On May 25, 2009 (yes, I remember the exact day because it was a day trip to meet up with old friends) we were in Epcot watching the Beatles clones around 5:30 when the skies opened up. Well, I was part of the throng holed up in the England bathrooms. We’re talking a serious downpour. And because this was before I had a smart phone, I had to call a friend at home to look at radar to tell me what I was dealing with. The rain did eventually slack after an hour or so, but it never stopped. The rain was so bad that there was standing water under Spaceship Earth.
Edit: OK, the water wasn’t standing, it was draining. Still, the drains were unable to keep up with all the water that was rushing downhill. The area in between SE and the Pin Trader kiosk also had water deep enough to submerge an adult foot.
I eventually got to my car and I was thrilled that I’d thought ahead and had dry shoes, socks, and shirt waiting for me. So, being it was so close to time for Illuminations, I waited in my car to see if that show and Wishes (both set for 9 that night) were going to happen. And they were both rained out. That’s heavy. I’ve seen both shows in light and light steady rain. But this downpour completely rained them out. I can only imagine Fantasmic didn’t happen either.[/QUOTE]

…reminds me of the year we went with a friend and her son in a stroller to Sea World. The storm was so bad that day it knocked out the power to the back up pumps there…the whole park was inundated with water up to mid calf!!! old trash and a slick of oil was floating around. They closed the park and we had to make our way out to the front in a foot of water…I had sneakers on that were ruined because of the oil and dirt…(I didn’t want to walk barefoot thru the dirty water) What a mess. You would have thought they would have battery back up pumps or something right?

Sea World gave us a refund but it had to be used within 7 days…we were not too happy but too soggy to stay and argue about it…

We just got stuck in a MAJOR storm in May. If you were following me on Facebook, you would have seen my daughter pretending to swim in the “hard” rain better known as hail…yes, it was hailing and that crap hurt when it hit you. It went on for what felt like forever, but in actuality was about 45 minutes or so. We watch a duck play in the puddles for about 20 minutes or so. He was very entertained. Apparently, hail doesn’t bother them.

WDW pirates ride is not long enough for that cell…the ride is just not long enough period…no comparison to DLR’s …