Rudeness abounds in WDW this week

Just wanted to say that I was astounded this week as rudeness was at an all-time high. Of course it did not ruin anything for us, I just can’t believe some people.

First of all - farting in line and in a resturaunt is NOT okay. Okay? Especially if you are a grown up! :blow::blow::blow:

Second, PLEASE DO NOT EVER TOUCH A PERSON’S CHILD. Especially mine. I am like a mamma lion. I will rip you apart. During the one time that we were in a horrible crowd leaving the MK my DH and I had our DS in the middle of us, hand-in-hand, walking in a row. A woman and her teenage daughter were trying to cut through us and actually took my son’s hand and tried to seperate it from my husband’s. I will not go into the rest but, are you serious?!?!?!??!

Five minutes after that a man told his stupid wife really loudly that he couldn’t get to her side of the street to see the parade better because people were holding hands and he couldn’t get through. I had choice words that time as well.

Then today, a girl was sitting we her legs across the steps leading to Splash Mt. Um - WHAT??? People were stepping over her! I said to my husband, “That’s a great place to sit” and she yelled at me, “HEY, youse got somethin’ tah say to me”? :laugh: Um yeah, I do do. “You are a stupid idiot and your parents should be ashamed.” What is with people???

At Earl of sandwhich my son and I were at the little area where you get napkins and stuff. My pet peeve anywhere is someone reaching into my space. What makes you think you can put your arm over across where I am? My family doesn’t even do that at the dinner table because it is basic etiquette. This sweaty, big hairy monster man put his armpit right over my sons head and almost hit me in the face to get himself a straw. No excuse me, no waiting until we were done - just did it. Again, I had to say something. :redface:

Thanks for reading.:ph34r:

OMG!! Your stories made me LOL. Sorry!! I know they p’ed you off (I woulda been livid if someone tried to break apart my child’s hand from me!) - but just reading them late at night and picturing your reactions sorta made me snort/laugh.

:heart:

We hate that also.

We step back and make fun of them. It breaks the tension.

I can’t understand what someone is thinking trying to separate a child’s hand from a parents!!! Especially during that time of night, Main st is packed!!! I would have had a few words to say myself!
Sorry you are dealing with rude people this week. I definetly would have had problems with everything you listed too.
Hopefully you don’t run into anymore rude people the rest of your trip. :wub:

Farts are fun

omg! I am the same way when it comes to touching. First off…dont touch my kid (my nephew in this case or step son) and second…dont touch me… lol When i was my nephews nanny, people would come up and pinch his cheeks or rub his legs. DONT TOUCH THE KID! I wanted to put a sign on him lol. Oh, and a side note…dont rub pregnant womens bellys either! lol Not without permission, and if it is a stranger, dont even ask! lol

OK, sorry for farting - couldn’t be helped.

Wow - this takes me back to out last trip and all the rude things we noticed…Here is my list of things I thought rude.

1. Pregnant Women (especially one pushing a stroller) get a pass. I saw several pregant women with small children get run into, broken in front of, standing on the bus while perfectly healthy MEN sit and watch them stand - RUDE.

2. I love WDW - one reason is how hard they work to keep it clean. I cant stand to watch people trash it. Yes, I know people get paid to pick up but c’mon.

… and seriously - a fart w/ some good reverberation? Very funny.

:laugh:

See, I am rude because I have been known to “accidentally” step on/kick people like that. “Oh, sorry! Didn’t see you! Didn’t expect anyone would be dumb enough to be sitting there!”

It’s like people lose all common sense when at a theme park. I would be a mama lion too if someone touched my child. You don’t know if this person is a perv or not. Yea, DON’T touch a child or me for that matter. Ewww and to sit in the middle of some steps, really… if you are that tired go back to the hotel room and take a nap. I will keep an eye out for the “rudeness level” when we go down

See, I am rude because I have been known to “accidentally” step on/kick people like that. “Oh, sorry! Didn’t see you! Didn’t expect anyone would be dumb enough to be sitting there!”[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I would have done/said. The only thing that would make it more enjoyable is if her Momma or Daddy came to defend their ignorant spawn.

I don’t think that it is limited to Disney-people are idiots everywhere… and totally unthoughtful of others…
Sorry that you had your fill of it there though…

See, I am rude because I have been known to “accidentally” step on/kick people like that. “Oh, sorry! Didn’t see you! Didn’t expect anyone would be dumb enough to be sitting there!”[/QUOTE]

Oh…we would be so dangerous if we traveled together! LOVE IT!:cool:

Boss…You are such a boy!!:laugh::laugh: Living in a house where I am outnumbered 3 to 1(not counting Miss Fuzzbutt Suger-the ferret), I have come to …um…er…appreciate(?)…nay…maybe understand boy humor:glare::laugh:

[QUOTE=alicefan;1050377]Just wanted to say that I was astounded this week as rudeness was at an all-time high. Of course it did not ruin anything for us, I just can’t believe some people.

First of all - farting in line and in a resturaunt is NOT okay. Okay? Especially if you are a grown up! :blow::blow::blow:

Second, PLEASE DO NOT EVER TOUCH A PERSON’S CHILD. Especially mine. I am like a mamma lion. I will rip you apart. During the one time that we were in a horrible crowd leaving the MK my DH and I had our DS in the middle of us, hand-in-hand, walking in a row. A woman and her teenage daughter were trying to cut through us and actually took my son’s hand and tried to seperate it from my husband’s. I will not go into the rest but, are you serious?!?!?!??!

Five minutes after that a man told his stupid wife really loudly that he couldn’t get to her side of the street to see the parade better because people were holding hands and he couldn’t get through. I had choice words that time as well.

Then today, a girl was sitting we her legs across the steps leading to Splash Mt. Um - WHAT??? People were stepping over her! I said to my husband, “That’s a great place to sit” and she yelled at me, “HEY, youse got somethin’ tah say to me”? :laugh: Um yeah, I do do. “You are a stupid idiot and your parents should be ashamed.” What is with people???

At Earl of sandwhich my son and I were at the little area where you get napkins and stuff. My pet peeve anywhere is someone reaching into my space. What makes you think you can put your arm over across where I am? My family doesn’t even do that at the dinner table because it is basic etiquette. This sweaty, big hairy monster man put his armpit right over my sons head and almost hit me in the face to get himself a straw. No excuse me, no waiting until we were done - just did it. Again, I had to say something. :redface:

Thanks for reading.:ph34r:[/QUOTE]

I can’t even imagine how someone begins to believe that it’s OK to try and take a child’s hand out of their parents hand:eek:

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1050411]OK, sorry for farting - couldn’t be helped.

…[/QUOTE]
I beg to differ. It can be helped and it should be. If you can’t “help it” then please step outside and get back to the end of the line!

I know exactly what you mean about all those rude people who where there latly! It seemed to be every corner we tured we ran into somebody just trying to ruin someone elses day. I couldnt stand those people who clearly seen me yet went ahead and tried to walk though me as though I was invisible then looked at me like it was my fault they rammed into me!

One of the worst problems I had was with strollers, those big ones you rent at the parks, aparantly some people who push them don’t think I need ankles! Im use to the odd bump now and again but one woman rammed into me so hard I almost ended up in the stroller myself and she told me to ‘watch it!’

I am sorry for the passing of gas I hope it didn’t offend you but I can’t help myself due to a medical condition.

Phartatosis?
Phartomia?

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS THREAD!!!
We just returned & I thought it was just us because no one else seemed as shocked as we were about the over-the-top, crazy rude, mean & just plain disgraceful behavior – AND that was just the ADULTS!!! Of all of our trips, this one hands down had the worst behaved adults.
I mean really people~ it’s like some parents have completely forgotten that they are their children’s example/role model- for better or worse.
I’ll only share one shocking incident (because believe me, from this trip I have way too many of them!)-- Sunday morning we were spending a relaxing morning at the Ol’ Man Island pool at POR (this after a separate rude incident in the food court, but I digress). 2 girls who couldn’t have been more than 6-7years old walked past our chairs & about 30 seconds later their mom comes around the corner & shouts at them “If I catch you, I’m gonna kick your a**!!!”---- I just looked at my husband & said “did you just hear what I heard?” Of course, he said “Duh, everyone here just heard her!!” - Shocked, throughout the entire trip…

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1050470]Phartatosis?
…[/QUOTE]

You missed the last support meeting…we sure didn’t miss you aroma.