Ruined ride photos

I had a thought the other day and I don’t know if it’s feasible or if Disney is already doing it.

We all know how there are those select few who decide to “flash” the camera or throw an obscene gesture at the camera while riding any of the photo op attractions. In the past I’ve noticed that these photos were simply deleted from the viewing (and hopefully the offender was thrown out of the park). And these guests missed out on a souvenir. I know if I waited in line for two hours at Splash Mountain and wanted to get my childs first ride on film and it was ruined like this, I wouldn’t be very happy.

With Disney’s capabilities why can’t they instantaneously superimpose a cartoon character into the picture eliminating the offending rider? This way the rest of the park patrons get their picture? And maybe even a more unique one.

I want credit for this if they start doing it.:laugh::laugh:

That would be a pretty good idea, Im guessing there must be someone who checks which pictures goes through to viewing/purchasing so maybe they could be the one to drag the characters in. If your picture didnt appear though you could always ask the CM’s about it, this must happen alot so there must be something they can do about it!

Photo shopping would be a relatively easy and quick fix to cover up the offending rider.

I think having a picture of Goofy or Mickey sitting in my car with their arms in the air, or holding onto their Mickey ear hats would make a ruined picture very special.

We had an offending on Test Track one trip and (of course we did not see it until we got off and searched for our pic to find what the lonesome rider waving with his finger) could not get them because of one lousy rider. We were actually going to purchase them this trip but could not.

There ya go. A little Disney magic and some Photoshop skills could have saved the day. Are you listening Disney?:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:

I volunteered to allow them to use various Boss Mouse poses to superimpose on those posers.

But alas, I have had no proPOsitions.

Ahhh… this is how Splash Mountain at DL came to be known as “Flash” Mountain! :laugh:

Cute idea. However, I recently read that they are planning on laying off the photo monitors. Therefore, the nudity and obscene gestures may reappear on the screens. Editing like this, of course, would take extra time and cost more money. But if a park guest were to approach the CM about purchasing their photo that was deleted from the system, you’d think they’d be able to do a quick touch-up.

I’ll try to find the article I read (I actually didn’t locate this myself - a friend sent it to me).

Ahh… that was easy to find.

Orlando Theme Parks Examiner: “Flash Mountain” to return to Disneyland? Ride photos will no longer be scanned for bare breasts

and

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iNlMwOT3LaOjTA9YhSeqBtnhJm1gD980AAMG1

This appears to just be at Disneyland, but if things get worse (pfff), this might happen at WDW.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;963354]Ahh… that was easy to find.

Orlando Theme Parks Examiner: “Flash Mountain” to return to Disneyland? Ride photos will no longer be scanned for bare breasts

and

The Associated Press: Disney parks stop scans for topless riders

This appears to just be at Disneyland, but if things get worse (pfff), this might happen at WDW.[/QUOTE]

you know, why publicize this. now that people know…

I was kind of wondering the same thing, actually. Now the DL guests know Flash Mountain is open, again. :laugh: :pinch:

Well you know there’s gonna be some guy that will stand there and monitor the screens for free.

I’m on a plane down for the job already. :laugh:

I obviously ride SM at the worng times. :crying:

Want to bet there are come CMs with quite a collection?

I would hope that Disneywould do something to block the offending person and let the others enjoy there picture. How some have to ruin it for others

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Too true!!!

Man, and I was naive enough to think that at DisneyWorld, with all of the magic and fun and family goodness, that nobody did that kind of thing. I’m shocked and tainted for good now.

Well MK is just a monorail ride away from Epcot… the “world tour” might inspire some naked rafting :laugh: