Rules you may have broken at WDW

I was over in the pool hopping thread and started to think of some of the rules I may have broken to get an advantage. Im not advocating breaking any rules, just thinking about some of them…

Parking at Poly for dinner and “ending” up at Magic Kingdom
Using the child counter credits for full adult counter dinners
Leaving someone off the reservation to fit 5 into a room for 4
Using the rider swap and Fast passes to get an extra trip
Passing your 3 year and 2 month old through the gate as a 2 Year 11 month old
Non Resort guests riding the busses from Downtown Disney
Ignoring the ushers and moving right to the front of fantasmic
Multiple reservations under different names

Hmmm, I’d have to think about this. I honestly can’t think of many rule breaks we’ve done in WDW. I am SURE when I was younger I did but Daniel and I are pretty mellow. We’ve used a couple rider switch passes & we have no child. :laugh: That’s about the best I can come up with at the moment.

Ok. I’ve used my child credits for adult meals because my DD7 loves the ribs.
I’ve booked a package for 4 and then last minute my mom wanted to go so I kept her off the reservation BUT they knew about it because we bought her a cot.

Did you specify it was for your mom? What resort?

Well, we might get a cast member room(FIL is a CM), and only put one adult on it, and use the room key card FIL gets for the other adult. Df usually gets his name put on the room, with his dad’s and I’m left off because we don’t want to pay the extra $10 a night for me to be on. This time df won’t come in until after me so I’ll be the other adult and df will get his father’s room key. Sure we’re already getting 50% off the room, but why spend an extra $50 to $70 for df to have his own key, when his father isn’t going to be staying with us anyway.
Last year we passed out 3 yr old(barely 3) off as 2. FIL gets 3 people in free besides himself and last yr SIL came along, so with me, df and SIL, that was 3 people. We told ds to stay quiet in his stroller, said he was 2, and they asked no questions. This year was a no go on that lol, no 2 yrs olds I’ve ever met could ride Splash Mountain lol.
That’s about the extent of it I think. We did totally pay for our own parking this year because we stayed off site lol.

Yup. Sure did. It was for all star sports. We had to pay $10 extra per night. It was very last minute she wanted to go. I’m thinking within 5 days.

I’m not really a “rule” breaker but again I don’t think the Disney police will be looking for me.

I wish I could pass my DS when just barely 3 yr old for 2yr 11mos. He is 2yrs 8mos right now and looks like he is already 3 1/5. His bday is mid Sept, so trying to go early Sept, but would rather go late Sept.:frown:

none that I can think of. it’s funny, but i can’t bring myself to do it.

I pretty much stick to the rules. I’d be too afraid of getting caught! :eek:

But, come to think of it . . . DD turns 10 on November 7, but our annuals don’t come due until December 20th . . . I wonder how that will work? Do you think they’ll make me pay an upcharge? Or just let her in until they come due?

Does the finger scan really do anything? Hmmmmmm

I had a friend that “snuck” her kid in until she was 4! I have to say that bugged the heck out of me . . . 3 and a little OK, but 4!! Come on now, time to pay! :glare:

we used old mugs on our september trip & are ‘lending’ our new mugs to another family who are going in June:ph34r:…HUGE DEBATE I know, oh well!!
we also went to Poly super early & ‘claimed’ our spot for wishes & the water show even though we were staying at ASMo.
…but we didnt pool hop :huh:

I snuck a bottle in to MK bottled some of the magic and then released it at Universal…it wasn’t enough to really do any thing.

My parents totally passed me off as a two year old. Up until my sister wasn’t a two year old, anymore. They’d put me in the stroller and put a blanket over my legs and make my sister (18 months younger) walk. :laugh: :laugh: Passed us off as twins. :pinch: Shame, shame. They say they didn’t feel bad because we rode maybe six rides all day and bought a bunch of food and merchandise to make up for it.

If they have CMs handing out FPs at the distribution area due to backed up lines, my dad will take the FPs from the CMs, then get FPs from a machine.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

I always wanted to break the no more than 4 people in the front of the monorail rule… I mean- it can fit 6 easily. Never could break that one though… (especially with a 3 year old and a baby)

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;960594]
But, come to think of it . . . DD turns 10 on November 7, but our annuals don’t come due until December 20th . . . I wonder how that will work? Do you think they’ll make me pay an upcharge? Or just let her in until they come due?[/QUOTE]

You won’t have to do anything, the pass is good for the whole year. When you renew her pass you’ll have to buy the adult pass but her child pass is good for the whole year. I was sad when my son became an “adult” is Disney’s eyes.

Good to know!! Thanks!

It will be better for her . . . the kids meal choices are so poor, she’s a salad lovin’ kid . . . I always “break the rules” and use her CS for an adult meal. What kid can survive on nuggets and pizza . . . yuck!

I had to say, there are these awesome new “snack” carts around the parks. Fresh fruit bowls, bananas, deli pickles, carrots and dip, yummy stuff the kids love! :heart: So at least Disney is trying.

I’ve done the Poly park switch… a long time ago. Back in 1995, we drove from NJ with DS and DW’s DGM. We actually made a wrong turn and ended up driving through Fort Wilderness. Two security guards just flagged us through, and we ended up at the parking lot for the Poly. We didn’t even stay for breakfast. We got right on the monorail and the car was there for us at the end of the day. We were there a week and only tried it once.

I think having a 3-yo boy and a 78-yo woman in the car probably helped. :mickey:

Other than that, we’re pretty much by the book. When we’ve resort hopped during a trip, we did use mugs from one resort at another, but it was during one contiguous stay.

:laugh::laugh:It was worth a try!!

Honestly cant say we have ever broken any rules at Disney, We are not a cheapskates or crooks and always pay our way. In the end We “all” end up having to pay for those that are.
:mad:

[QUOTE=ZarSu;960760]Honestly cant say we have ever broken any rules at Disney, We are not a cheapskates or crooks and always pay our way. In the end We “all” end up having to pay for those that are.
:mad:[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for helping pay our way. Just Kidding I can’t think of any rules we have broken. One night we did hop a chain to get to the boat to MK, but that was just a short cut and we did not cut in line as a matter of fact there were only 8 of us on the boat.

As you all know, I don’t break rules…well much. I did break a rule one time and kinda feel a little bad about it, but not that bad. My DD and I queued up in the single rider line for RnR and then worked it so we could ride together. We just arrived on property and the line was over an hour long and we had a dinner ADR…that’s as close as I will get to breaking a rule.:laugh: