Rumors from other website- this is good!

I read this from another site- thought it was interesting:

Magic Kingdom Expansion Confirmed!
Today Kris Theiler (VP of operations support for domestic parks and resorts) had the chance to speak to a couple of Disneyland Cast members about her experience with the company. She talked a little bit about the restructuring and how she now does double duty for both DLR and WDW. She mentioned her work on DCA including the expansion and then mentioned she was also working on the expansion in the Magic Kingdom. During a Q&A after her presentation a cm asked if she could elaborate on the Magic Kingdom project, wanting to know if was the park or the recent DVC expansion. Kris responded saying it is inside the park but she couldn’t elaborate any further and said there would be an announcement about the project soon.

Also another small tidbit from Kris was that Disney is constantly looking at ways to improve and change Fastpass including even charging for fastpass (no surprise there.) She did mention that the “father” of fastpass believes that fastpass should always remain free as it is a service that they owe to the public however a pay system for a “magic pass” is currently being tested in HKDL.

Cool info!! This might make my RUMORS and NEWS thread real!!?!?!

Check out what it says about MK! :happy:

PS. I hope they do not charge for fastpass . . . do you have to be an on property guest to use it? Or is it for everyone? :blush: Can’t believe I don’t know that answer?

At WDW, anyone can use fastpass. Charging will create the old two-tiered system of have’s and have-not’s. It really works fine the way it is.

I agree that it works great the way it is but might be another nice ‘perk’ of staying on property, like EMH. I would like that!

I believe what they are saying is that they are considering an ADDED option of a paid fastpass. They could make one like the Dream Passes for a price and still leave the current free system in place as well.

Universal has a paid fastpass system and I just cannot bring myself to pay what is equal to another day’s admission just for the fastpass.

I’m still waiting for Disney to put their other promised fastpass system into play: the one for phones so you don’t have to walk all the way over to the ride to get the pass.

Honestly, this is an issue for me.

The last time (make that the only time!) we went to US/IOA, they had a system where people staying at their hotels could waltz up and hop on a ride. It was like FP on steroids. I was extremely inconvenienced and jealous.

How is it different than FP, you ask? Because FP is for anyone and everyone who cares to use it. And for those of you who think that FP gives people an unfair perk, just think about how it was before FP – All those people would have been in line in front of you anyway! All FP does is contribute to a beneficial crowd control – instead of having longer lines, it allows people who got there before you to leave the line and come back later. And everyone knows the deal, and everyone can take advantage of it.

The US/IOA method is just a perk for onsite hotels. Great marketing for them, but hey, we ALL paid to go into the parks, and we ALL paid for a hotel somewhere.

Just one of the reasons I didn’t care for US/IOA.

Oh P.S. Excited about the MK expansion, though!

I think part of the beauty of the current FP system is that it’s free and everyone has the opportunity to use it or not use it. There have been a few times that we’ve brought friends or family to Disney for their first visit, and they were always amazed and excited that FastPasses are included with admission, because there are other parks that charge for it. I think that’s one of the (many) things that sets Disney apart from so many other theme parks…everyone has the same opportunity to have fun and get on the rides as everyone else, and the person who could only afford to drive in for the day is treated just as well as the person who’s staying at the GF for 2 weeks. Sure, there are always the line-skippers and little annoyances by people who break the rules…but by and large, it’s a fair system for everyone. I think that having a paid FP option would only cause greater crowd irritability, arguments, etc., because nobody wants to have to wait a second longer than the person in front of them.

I also like that there are options for more economic or more luxurious trips at WDW. A family can stay on property in a value resort, and still have a lot of fun without necessarily having to pay what it costs for a deluxe. They can eat at counter service or they can go to Victoria and Albert’s if they want. There are options so that nearly every working family can afford to go, one way or another…and once they’re in the parks, everybody’s having a good time. I think it should stay that way inside the parks. That’s where everyone should feel special and just have a good time.

[QUOTE=Tinker Mel;969309]I think part of the beauty of the current FP system is that it’s free and everyone has the opportunity to use it or not use it. There have been a few times that we’ve brought friends or family to Disney for their first visit, and they were always amazed and excited that FastPasses are included with admission, because there are other parks that charge for it. I think that’s one of the (many) things that sets Disney apart from so many other theme parks…everyone has the same opportunity to have fun and get on the rides as everyone else, and the person who could only afford to drive in for the day is treated just as well as the person who’s staying at the GF for 2 weeks. Sure, there are always the line-skippers and little annoyances by people who break the rules…but by and large, it’s a fair system for everyone. I think that having a paid FP option would only cause greater crowd irritability, arguments, etc., because nobody wants to have to wait a second longer than the person in front of them.

I also like that there are options for more economic or more luxurious trips at WDW. A family can stay on property in a value resort, and still have a lot of fun without necessarily having to pay what it costs for a deluxe. They can eat at counter service or they can go to Victoria and Albert’s if they want. There are options so that nearly every working family can afford to go, one way or another…and once they’re in the parks, everybody’s having a good time. I think it should stay that way inside the parks. That’s where everyone should feel special and just have a good time.[/QUOTE

Well said, I couldn’t agree more!

Agree as well, very well said.

FastPass better remain free!!!

Tinker Mel, you are absolutely RIGHT! high five :happy:

I hate the idea of a paid FP. I think class systems are fine outside of the parks, because people will always have different preferences when it comes to hotel amenities, forms of transportation, etc. But the main thing is that once you’re in the parks, everyone has an equal opportunity to use the FP system to their advantage. Those who choose to use FP can use it, and those who choose not to have that right too. But nobody is saying, “Gee I wish I had the extra $—$ to spend on that special pass, I’d probably have more fun…” I hate the idea of that.

Also, having worked with the FP system as a CM, I’ve seen how much confusion the current system already causes with first-timers. There are already so many people who (a) don’t understand the system and need help from CMs or (b) try to cheat the system because they are somehow affronted by only being able to hold a certain number of FPs at a time, etc…I think for all of those first-time FP users, being told that there are people who pay for certain privileges would just cause more confusion and outrage. I don’t see anything beneficial about the system. But that’s just MHO.

I think if they did introduce a paid pass of any kind, I wouldn’t buy it. I have done enough Disney trips and waited in line or used regular FP just fine. Disney already gets enough of my money! :tongue: Plus our society just gets more impatient by the day, and the line has to be drawn somewhere. Waiting in line will always be part of the experience, period.

I agree. the set up is simple and works fine. I like the idea of magic pass, but won’t blink an eye if it stays as is.

[QUOTE=ddoll;969286]I believe what they are saying is that they are considering an ADDED option of a paid fastpass. They could make one like the Dream Passes for a price and still leave the current free system in place as well.

Universal has a paid fastpass system and I just cannot bring myself to pay what is equal to another day’s admission just for the fastpass.

I’m still waiting for Disney to put their other promised fastpass system into play: the one for phones so you don’t have to walk all the way over to the ride to get the pass.[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly enjoyed US/IOA’s Express Pass system when I was staying on property. However, I do not want WDW to adopt this (or any other sort of paid “magic pass”).

Though it would be a great convenience to those who stay on property, it would be a great inconvenience for those who aren’t. And let’s not forget the Florida Resident AP-holders (I wish Universal would change Express so that it is included not only for resort guests, but for Annual Passholders). It was during my time as a Florida AP-holder that I learned how to maximize my use of FP. I would hate to have that feature taken away from other Florida AP-holders. It is simply not economically feasible for most families to purchase FPs everytime they visit WDW.

[QUOTE=ddoll;969286]
I’m still waiting for Disney to put their other promised fastpass system into play: the one for phones so you don’t have to walk all the way over to the ride to get the pass.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I never knew they were considering a system like this. That sure would save a lot of planning and trekking!

If they change the fast pass in any way, I’m gonna…pop, or something. Even if they add a perk for people on property, I don’t find it fair. Not all of us can afford on property; I’ve only been once. At the POP. With a friend’s discount. =/

fast pass - I can see the way this could go - people staying at Deluxe would get a keys to the kingdom pass a lot like they do at universal.:nonono2::pinch::sad: that would be sad way for Disney to go.

Any way great to here of Mk expansion I’m loving that

You have to remember that Disney is first and foremost a business.The sole purpose of a business is to make money. I don’t see an issue with the additional paid FP as long as they keep the current version.As far as whats fair and a tier system, they are already in place all over the parks and resorts.They have counter service and table service restaurants.Should they close the TS’s ?No parkhopper? No limo service allowed from the airport because they have ME? No EMH? The list goes on. The fact is by having paid extra’s, they can keep costs affordable for all. If they don’t get the money this way,they will get it from us in other ways.Disney does provide a vacation for all levels of income so I do not see why this would be any different. Remember this when you walk past the drawn curtain on the airplane and curse those in first class!:wink:

“Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland with the idea of making money.” - Walt Disney

Nobody can speak for Walt, but I think it’s pretty clear they believe he wouldn’t have approved of charging for FastPasses.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;969755]“Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland with the idea of making money.” - Walt Disney

Nobody can speak for Walt, but I think it’s pretty clear they believe he wouldn’t have approved of charging for FastPasses.[/QUOTE]

Or paying for beind the magic tours,fireworks cruises and so on.But the reality is love doesn’t pay the bills. The extra revenue does keep costs down. I did not say get rid of the free FP, just another way to generate money and keep lines moving.I don’t see this having as big an impact as feared.Just my opinion though…I could be wrong.
:wink: