Sadly-we had to cancel our trip for tomorrow

:sad: We were scheduled to head to WDW tomorrow for a few days, but we have to cancel. My father in law has been ill for a couple of weeks, but he was getting better. Sadly, he has taken a turn for the worse and is not expected to live much longer.

What I wanted to report, is that although the 5 day cancellation with refund time period has passed, I still am able to just transfer our days and amount from PO this weekend, to a time period in January. (My college aged daughter will be back home again for a couple of weeks.)

It’s good to know that I can keep changing it —add to it take away change resort etc as I need to. I never realized you can do that. A credit at disney is a credit so it’s fine by me. It gives us something to look forward to. —and anyway, we will have more time and can stay a couple extra days if we go in Jan., than we could this weekend. (also, our passes are not activated so they are good whenever we want to start using them)

Just thought I would pass the reservation credit information on in case someone else has the same situation!!! --But don’t get me started on United Airlines. I realized I purchased nonrefundble tickets, but all I want is the full credit (minus an admin. fee) to put them in a credit situation for January. No go even after talking to supervisors. I will lose $100. (I was hoping for $25 per ticket but—)There are no provisions for emergency situations, even if you can prove it they said. They have grievance fares to get to a funeral but thats it. Ahhh well. Smallworld

I am sorry to hear about your father in law. My thoughts will be with your family.

Oh dear. So sorry to hear about your FIL.

sorry to hear about your father in law. but it is noce to see disney os so accomodating when the need arises…

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL smallworld :heart:

Sorry to hear about your father in law. My thoughts are with you & your family. Thanks for the info its nice to know that at least Disney has a :heart: even if the airlines don’t.

Im so sorry- Im happy for your new trip in the future- I agree a credit is a guarantee that you are going- just not when first thought- best wishes to you

So sorry to hear about you FIL. I’m glad you will have something to look forward to in January.

Very sorry to hear about your FIL…we will keep you in our good thoughts.

I’m also sorry to read about your father-in-law. It’s not an easy thing to go through. Our thoughts go out to you and your family.

Sending paryers out to your FIL and you.

I am so sorry you had to cancel, but even more sorry for your FIL. I am glad that you have a trip in the future and will keep you all in my thoughts.

So sorry you had to cancel. :frown: I’ll send pixie dust for your family.

Sorry you had to cancel, I hope your FIL is doing better soon. United, as well as other major carriers are horrible with cancellations or rebookings. This is just one reason why I love Southwest. I had booked a flight to go to WDW in September with them, and then Disney called me and was nice enough to pay for a flight on Delta for me, so I just called SW and got a full credit for the amount I had paid, no fees, nothing. I can use that credit anytime in the next year.

I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. It’s nice to hear that you already have your Jan. trip planned. Disney is a good place for a family to come together and have some fun and relieve some of the stress that comes with having a family member that is ill.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Our thoughts are with you and your family. Hopefully he will pull through this!

It’s probably better to go in January, less crowds and more time with the kids.

Lots of prayers for you and your family - Sorry to hear about your FIL.

I’m glad WDW is so cool to deal with - I hope your trip in the future is a fun-filled one!

I’m so sorry - what a sad time for you. :heart:

I’m very truly sorry to hear about your FIL being so sick. What a stressful time. Please take care and know that you and your family will be in my thoughts, as well as the thoughts of all of us here.

Sorry to hear about your FIL. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this rough time! I am glad to hear you can postpone your trip with very little inconvienence or financial loss.