Sam's Club

right now, you can purchase a $100 disney gift card at Sam’s club and get a $10 disney gift card for free. . .thats an additional 10%. It says you can use them at Walt Disney World Resort.

Good deal! Thanks for sharing. Do you know if its in the store or online too?

Just a word of warning, if anyone is thinking of what I thought! We were able to get through dh’s work Disney gift cards using bonus points he earned. We decided to put those towards paying off our dvc loan. NOPE! Disney won’t accept them. Said they use to, but about a year ago the rules changed and can’t use gift cards. So, you can’t use Disney gift cards on everything Disney.

A few things they can be used towards is all Disney owned restaurants as well as refreshment stands, the gift shops, Disney stores and outlets, hotels and park tics. At least those are some of the things we’ve used them for anyway.

Beth, I think I am missing something. What is the point of buying gift cards to pay on your DVC loan when you could just send a check or have an automatic payment through your bank?

DH earns points from good surveys his company receives. He can then go on a web site and choose things with those points. We got Disney Gift Cards. So, we wanted to use them to pay down our loan, to no avail. But, I was just thinking from the original thread that maybe someone would think of purchasing the gift cards to pay down their loan and take advantage of the buy $100 and get a free $10 card.

But you could use them towards your meals and use those $$$ for extra towards paying off the loan.

Now this makes sense. Too bad this idea didn’t work. Thank you~

They can be used to pay for the resort though - last year I used mine to finish paying it off.

Yes. In fact, they did tell us we could use it for the annual maintenance fees, so will use the cards for that, and then take the money I have saved up for the fees to put towards the loan. Just have to get a little creative!

I think the annual maintenance fee along w/ the monthly payments are forcing many DVC to let the bank take them back. Until the last 2 months I saw between 2-5 contracts a month go up for sale at the monthly bank forclosure sale here in Beaufort Cnty for the Hilton Head resort. Kinda sad. Sounds like a good plan on your part using creativity to support reality.

Wow I didn’t know about the free $10 card. I almost got the $100 card because my daughter’s choir was going in April, but now her teacher is pregnant and may not be able to get a Sub if she needs to, so they are going to Carowinds instead.

Thank you for sharing, every penny counts :laugh:

Christina

knowing that we can use them in the restuarants is helpful. . I will go in and get a few hundred dollars before our trip in March.

I only saw them in the store when I was Christmas shopping. Not sure if they are available online.

The display looked like it was a regular purchase, not just something available during the holidays!

I just went to the Sam’s Club here and they looked at me like I was nuts when I asked about it. Maybe it’s just at select stores?

Just a tip: I’d call before making a trip in to make sure it’s available at your location.

[QUOTE=princesslindsey;1060490] they looked at me like I was nuts
[/QUOTE]

You know, I get that alot, too.

I think it’s for a different reason, though. :whistling

[QUOTE=princesslindsey;1060490]I just went to the Sam’s Club here and they looked at me like I was nuts when I asked about it. Maybe it’s just at select stores?

Just a tip: I’d call before making a trip in to make sure it’s available at your location.[/QUOTE]

sorry for making you waste a trip :crying:

Maybe it is a christmas thing and they are gone now, but they had a ton of them just last week (but I am in Maine).

[QUOTE=Magic;1060543]sorry for making you waste a trip :crying:

Maybe it is a christmas thing and they are gone now, but they had a ton of them just last week (but I am in Maine).[/QUOTE]

Oh don’t feel bad! I had to run to Sams anyway. Just thought I’d warn others. I read on another site that the $10 card is good at Disney store or disneystore.com only so now I’m glad I didn’t find it as we don’t have one near us and rarely shop with them online. Hopefully others can take advantage, though!

Wonder if World of Disney is incl in that. Going to Sam’s tomorrow. I saw them there before Christmas, i’ll check to see if it’s a holiday thing. I was thinking the same thing though since it was shelved with all the Christmas stuff.