Sanaa; new Disney restaurant in Kidani Village

I was just wondering if anybody was planning on trying the new restaurant Sanaa (pronouced sah-NAH) that is going to open at Animal Kingdom Lodge’s new Villa section “Kidani Village?” I found this description of it on AllEars but I don’t know anything else. Anyone heard anything about possible menu/pictures of the restaurant, etc?

"Sanaa, the new table service restaurant at Animal Kingdom Villas’ Kidani Village set to open May 1, 2009, will begin taking reservations for Disney Vacation Club Members ONLY (via Member Services) beginning February 16. Named for the Swahili word for “artwork,” Sanaa will feature African-inspired cuisine with an Indian touch and will be open for lunch and dinner. The restaurant will serve familiar foods prepared in tandoor ovens, along with slow-cooked specialties showcasing the flavorful spices of Africa.

Non-DVC Members can make reservations at Sanaa beginning February 23"

I was just going to talk to DH about this after I saw this on allears. I think since we are staying at AKL, we will have to give it a try! I wonder if it’s going to be a 1-credit TS on the dining plan??

I need to see the menu first.
A classic example of this is The Wave, which I couldn’t wait to open.
However, I’m currently in no hurry to try the Wave until they roll out version 2.0 of their menu.
Raglan Road is also an example. When I first heard “Irish food” my nose turned up and the first menu confirmed my suspicions. Their version 2.0 menu changed enough for me to happily give them a try.

Menu 2.0? You are so funny Doug.

Did they say when this would be open to non DVC members or will be a DVC members exclusive restaurant? I noticed you said DVC members only for ADR’s.

[QUOTE=Dana;929615]Menu 2.0? You are so funny Doug.

Did they say when this would be open to non DVC members or will be a DVC members exclusive restaurant? I noticed you said DVC members only for ADR’s.[/QUOTE]

Non-DVC Members can make reservations at Sanaa beginning February 23"

[QUOTE=Soundgod;929613]I need to see the menu first.
However, I’m currently in no hurry to try the Wave until they roll out version 2.0 of their menu.
Raglan Road is also an example. When I first heard “Irish food” my nose turned up and the first menu confirmed my suspicions. Their version 2.0 menu changed enough for me to happily give them a try.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but sometimes on paper a menu may not do the dishes justice. We went to the Wave & it was DELICIOUS. I wasn’t really enthused when I read the menu on AllEars but after seeing the dishes other people had & trying two different entrees my husband and I LOVE the food there.

As far as Raglan Road goes well… you can see a menu from Raglan Road with “Sheperds Pie” on it and look at a menu from the Irish Pub down the street with “Shepard’s Pie” on it but if you ordered both they could be 100% different.

I personally think a dining experience is valued on WAY more than just the words printed on a menu. But that’s just me.

I think we are going to give Sanaa a try in June!

Maybe…since we will be a Kidani in May. I would also like to see a menu first.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;929613]I need to see the menu first.
Raglan Road is also an example. When I first heard “Irish food” my nose turned up and the first menu confirmed my suspicions. Their version 2.0 menu changed enough for me to happily give them a try.[/QUOTE]

I’m with you! I’m picky & my kids are super duper picky so I’m not sure how that would sit with them. We are staying at AKV in August, so it would be nice to try if the food passes our judgment.

sounds good, but doubt we make it this trip. DH and i were just talking about how interesting it is that there are no indian restaurants in disney - and that india would be a good country in epcot actually.

DH & I were just talking about this also since we just booked our stay at Kidani village. We are willing to give it a try. I look foward to hearing what others here have to say about it… We do love Bomas so Im wondering if its going to be the same,different etc as Boma.

CHECK THIS OUT:

Sanaa | Animal Kingdom Lodge Fansite