Sandy!

Ugh! Well…since the north east us due to be demolished in the next few days…i am stuck here. My flight has been cancelled…twice. Thankfully AoA is offering hurricane rates. My one night stay has turned into a 3 night stay. Hopefully not a 4. I’m so ready to go home

…oh dear…you couldn’t get a flight out early? I guess everyone else was trying to do the same…you are there by yourself right?

…I guess if I have to be “stuck” somewhere, I wouldn’t mind it at WDW as much…

…from the news, the airports in the NJ area may be shut down for a couple of days…:(. I hope you get home safely sooner than later…

well, extend your ticket and enjoy…

Glad you are in a safe and fun place. This storm does NOT sound good. We’re bracing for it though. Hope you a least get to have some additional fun before coming home to a mess.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1124319]…oh dear…you couldn’t get a flight out early? I guess everyone else was trying to do the same…you are there by yourself right?

…I guess if I have to be “stuck” somewhere, I wouldn’t mind it at WDW as much…

…from the news, the airports in the NJ area may be shut down for a couple of days…:(. I hope you get home safely sooner than later…[/QUOTE]

News is that our airport (mke) has canceled all flights to the east coast until Wednesday. Lots of people stuck here.

Oh, I hate to hear you are ready to go home, but totally understand. Isn’t it funny how emotions change. All this time leading up to your trip, and couldn’t wait to get there. Now there are worries of what’s going on at home and being anxious to get home. I’m thinking though this happened for a reason, maybe keeping you safe, and hey, at the happiest place in the world. Try not to worry, and enjoy your new adventure.

I’m curious though, how did Disney handle your extended stay. Did they contact you, or did you go though guest services. Did you get your choice of resorts to stay at, or are you in your same room?

I went to the front desk.explained I was trying to get a hotel out by the airport. For an extra $40 I could stay there. They did discounted rates. Booked the room. Thank goodness.

I had another 2 days on the ticket so im good there. Now im not flying out till wed. I’m hoping that they can take pity and attach the 5 dining credits we didn’t use to this card. I’m stranded with very little cash.

What a drag! I’m in Warren County right near PA and it’s not too bad here yet. At least Sewell is inland so maybe it won’t be too bad there. I’ve been listening to the radio and tv all day. They say Atlantic City and Ocean City are all flooded. GSP closed below exit 63. Holland Tunnel was just closed. Anywhere right along the water are getting pummeled. Tonight they say will be the worst with winds. I’d much rather be at Disney but I can see why you’re stressed.

I’m sure the only thing that will happen is power outage. Buy, my apartment has a tendency to leak with a regular thunderstorm…ao im a bit worried. Plus my dad loves alone and my mom isn’t the best in these situations. I also heard that part of AC Boardwalks gone. I just miss my own bed. Been here since the 21st.

We are in Pennsville, NJ. Not too bad right now. We live 4 houses off the Delaware River and so far so good. Penns Grove has imposed mandatory evacuations for some areas on the river. Winds are high and the rain gets heavy and then lighter again. However, all this and Sandy hasn’t even made landfall yet. We have another hour before it hits the beaches in Atlantic City, etc. Good news is high tide will not be until 1am and Sandy will have already reached us by then. Maybe we will be spared a little with the flooding.

We’re really getting rain now here - about 50 miles north of Pittsburgh. It’s getting cold too, 40 degrees. Hope you don’t have too much of a mess when you get home. Keep in touch. I’d offer you a hug, but I’ll bet pooh could give you a better one!

Don’t know how many times I’ve posted about the week we were at the Poly, watching as Wilma moved in slow motion towards my house. I don’t remember it being much of a magical time.
At least I was able to stop at the Wal Mart on 535 and pick up supplies as we hit the road for home and no power and uncertainty as to damage (luckily light).

And then on the drive home, we were graced with the outer bands of Sandy, the prelude to two days of wind and rain at home.
But at least we had good weather in WDW!
And now the temps have taken a nice dive here too!
(Though not as bad as it was in Orlando the night after Wilma when it went down to the 40’s)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124402]Don’t know how many times I’ve posted about the week we were at the Poly, watching as Wilma moved in slow motion towards my house. I don’t remember it being much of a magical time.
At least I was able to stop at the Wal Mart on 535 and pick up supplies as we hit the road for home and no power and uncertainty as to damage (luckily light).

And then on the drive home, we were graced with the outer bands of Sandy, the prelude to two days of wind and rain at home.
But at least we had good weather in WDW!
And now the temps have taken a nice dive here too!
(Though not as bad as it was in Orlando the night after Wilma when it went down to the 40’s)[/QUOTE]

Well of course if you are concerned about something elsewhere you can’t enjoy being stuck…I’m going thru Sandy here and if I were there in WDW I would worry too. But—I still say—if fate has it that I gotta be stuck SOMEWHERE I would just as soon it be in WDW…

i’ll keep all in my prayers. trust me, i know what all of you are going through. the thing about hurricane’s, unpredictable. it’s physically and emotionally draining and it doesn’t end after the storm passes if you have to deal with insurance companies. just take deep breaths and go day by day. good luck to all.